Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation

Format: Audio CD|Change

on September 21, 1999
This CD has ministered to me in more ways then I can express. You can feel the love and passion for Christ flowing out of every word Michael sings. "I Bowed on my Knees and Cried Holy" is my favorite. It lifts me to the throne room every time I hear it. This CD will touch your heart.PS Welcome home Michael!
on February 2, 2005
he sounds like he believes every word he is singing. the passion he sings with on this cd is the same that he has when he sings live(a must see). just listening to him sing, taught me that i can sing just as passionately and hit notes i couldn't. there are styles for everyone. "i surrender all" and "blessed assusrance" are personal favourites. an extremely basic, stripped down album that spotlights his love for God, and the wonderful songs that allow his voice to do that thing it does so well.
on January 10, 2002
This is one of my favorite albums that Michael has ever done. These songs are old (and new) southern gospel tunes redone with a contemporary feel. Key tracks are "John The Revelator," a rocking uptempo soul catcher. "Go Rest High On That Mountain" brings a tear to my eye every time. "Gospel Ship" is fondly known by my brother as "that funky version." The real gem is "I Bowed On My Knees And Cried Holy." This is the song that brought him back to gospel music (after J.D. Sumner brought him onstage to sing it at the National Quartet Convention several years ago). All in all a GREAT album!
on February 12, 2009
This is my favorite of the 5 Michael English CDs that I have. I love the bluesy Blessed Assurance, and Up Above My Head. It is impossible to pick a favorite song on this CD. I could listen to the whole thing all day. Go Rest High has some of the most beautiful music I have ever heard. The first time I listened to the CD, I almost skipped over Had it Not Been because I thought it would be too country for me...but I listened anyway, and it is so beautiful it took my breath away. I love how Michael can sing with just a little hint of country without having that ugly whiny, twangy sound. Incredible.....a taste of heaven....I don't see how it can get better than this.
on January 25, 2014
As a fan of Gaither Vocal Band and Michael English, I had to have this cd. Love gospel music and Michael has a wonderful voice to listen to. Great for anyone who likes a different style of singing gospel. Love it!
on September 22, 2014
Wow! This man can sing!!!! He doesn't just have a great, multi-octave, multi-versatile, can-sing-anything he wants voice. He really SINGS in a way that moves anyone who listens! He sings every WORD out of every song as if the words are a song in themselves. His diction is incredibly unique, with total class and perfection! When he sings live, even better.
Catch him on a TBN show he did after the release if "The Prodigal Comes Home" release (book & CD). Go to TBN.org and search his name. Pick the show with Donny McClurkin and Gary Oliver. If you're not a Michael English fan, you will be after watching him sing "Blessed Assurance" live!! By their own admission he blows away even the most dynamic singers like Donny McClurkin and Gary Oliver on the stage that night. As Jan Crouch quoted, Hearing Michael English sing, "You're hearing One of the GREATEST SINGERS this side of Heaven"! Amen Jan!
I'm so proud of Michael English! With his voice, meekness, power, and looks, he could have topped any pop singers of that time, like Michael Bolton, etc., and could also top them today! But Michael CHOSE to sing for Jesus because "That's where my passion is" Michael says. And it sure is! The greatest singer ever! Extremely gifted beyond belief at times! And now things are coming back around for Michael because he stayed true to The Faith, and God is keeping His promises and blessing Michael for his choices to sing for Him. Even with another NEW "The Michael English Show" on TBN! Who greater to host a gospel music artist show than the man who knows them all! Singing gospel with his dad and brothers since he was 5, knowing all the gospel circles, to singing with Bill Gaither for many, many years, no one knows gospel music like Michael, AND can bring singers and musicians together, with Miichael's sweet, so humble hosting! And we fans get to see and hear Michael English sing every week!
You'll never be disappointed with anything Michael English because he's the real deal and talented beyond description.
Enjoy, new Michael English fan!
on February 28, 2002
Michael English' "Gospel" is one of the best albums of this type of music I have ever heard. I've owned this album for a couple of years now and have played it over and over in my house and car. This album moves me to joyful tears every time I listen to it. The love of God shines through Michael's music and touches my heart. Thank You Michael.
on January 30, 1999
I just love every song. I love all of his CD's. I just discovered this singer on a concert on Trinity broacasting. I was spellbound with it. I can truely say it was the best I have seen and he put all of himself into each and every song. I cannot wait to get all of his CD's. I wonder if he has a new one out or coming out soon.
on January 18, 2002
Michael English's Gospel is a definite must have for your Michael English collection. "Midnight Cry", "Had It Not Been" and "I Bowed On My Knees And Cried Holy" were top's with his dynamic and spirit-filled vocals. I look forward to hearing more from Michael doing more of the old-time hymns.
on January 13, 2012
This is absolutely a CD that I would recommend to anybody. Michael's music is not limited to any age group. It is something that any age person will appreciate.