5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product
This product is a terrific addition to your spice cabinet. The basic sauce makes a mouth watering addition to any cut of meat, and the recipes inside the package will make you famous at your next dinner party.
Published on March 7, 2008 by P. Thompson

3.0 out of 5 stars Question... Help!
I notice in reading the ingredients that this is thickened with a roux. I was hoping to find a purchaseable demi-glace thickened by reduction only - no thickeners other than the natural gelatin produced by veal bones and simmering time. Does anyone know of it's availability? Thank you.
Published on January 20, 2011 by E. C. Pantel

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, March 7, 2008
P. Thompson (Nashville, TN United States) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, February 26, 2010
Chad "The Bookman" (PADUCAH, Cayman Islands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: More Than Gourmet Demi-glace De Veau Gold, Clasic French Veal Demi-glace, 1.5-Ounce Units (Pack of 6) (Misc.)
This is a pretty nifty product. I use it all the time to enhance soups, stews and roasts. If you are a crockpot user it is a must. It beats the heck out of spending a day or two making the real deal!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great demi-glace, June 8, 2009
The heart of a great sauce is in the demi-glace. Since I don't often have the time to make my own I order pre-made demi-glace online. The more than gourmet demi-glace is an excellent product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Demi glace, May 19, 2011
What a wonderful time saver. This is the perfect base for great sauces. I have to give credit to the Reluctant Gourmet for referring me to this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for gourmet cooking, December 1, 2011
I use this product in many of my sauces and braises. It adds a richness and depth of flavor you cannot get from supermarket broths. I used to buy it from the manufacturer, but prices here on Amazon are better and minimum orders are less. Definately a product to keep in the pantry. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, January 21, 2010
This is an excellent product as noted above. I made a reduction sauce with Marsala and all the flavors came through. I will order again!

4.0 out of 5 stars Instant Flavor Boost., December 11, 2013
This demi-glace provides an instant flavor boost to any food that it is paired with. I have used it to accompany meats, and I have made a gravy with this item. It lasts a long time in the refrigerator. The flavor is deep, rich, and pronounced. I like this product. It turns an average meals into something special.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, August 8, 2013
I was a little leery of trying this. I'm well, let's just say I'm "thrifty" and can't see spending money on anything that I can make for myself. Add to that problem, this demi-glace isn't cheap, and really, could it actually be any good? (I am NOT a fan of pre-prepared gravies!) And yet......yes, it really does add a wonderful richness to my gravy. Now, the real question is, would I actually buy it again? Yes! (I think that, in truth, says it all)

5.0 out of 5 stars saves a lot of time, March 23, 2012
I used to roast bones and cook veggies all day. With thier demi-glace I just cook some shallots, some garlic, wine, demi-glace and chicken broth and is's done. Restuarant quality sauces with very little work. Each cup makes enough for 4-6 servings. I would be in the kichen all day before I found this product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Question... Help!, January 20, 2011