4.0 out of 5 stars Improved but needs dividers to look finished
I got the new and improved version of this.
It has more of the contents inside and no filler, I guess I got lucky there.
I've been pricing nuts in the local stores so I feel that the value of this gift box is OK.
The presentation would have been better with dividers instead of 4 loose clear sealed plastic bags.
Another box gift I got has a gold foil...
Published 21 months ago by Stephen D. Feist

The manufacturer commented on the review below
1.0 out of 5 stars What a rip-off!
I am stunned that there are so many positive reviews for this product!

The photo of this "gift Basket" literally shows all you receive: 3 very small (one layer) bags of dried fruit, pistachios & almonds--a layer LESS than 1/2-3/4 inch thick! The majority of the box below these 3 teeny bags is filled with paper filler!

This gift is at best worth $5,...
Published on November 27, 2011 by Carrie Carter

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars What a rip-off!, November 27, 2011
This review is from: Gourmet Fruit and Nut Gift Basket by Broadway Basketeers (Grocery)
I am stunned that there are so many positive reviews for this product!

This gift is at best worth $5, and I am very upset that Amazon would carry such a misleading and ridiculously overpriced product!

To top it off, the teeny bag of pistachios I received have suspicious black specks on top of the nuts through whole little bag. This product WILL be returned, and I believe is defective because of the appearance of the pistachios.

My advice: DON'T buy this or other products by this company! You or the receipient of your gift will be disappointed--and think you are a cheapskate!

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Dec 3, 2012 9:12:42 AM PST
You've Spoken...We've Listened

We've eliminated all the shred and increased all the product quantities & quality. We've also added an additional product all while keeping with the original price.

1.0 out of 5 stars don't waste your money, December 15, 2011
seriously, don't waste your money. The gift would be great if the portions of fruit and nuts were reasonable. Sadly, this is not the case. The packaging, which is really nice, contains mostly filler. This was a terrible way to spend $25. I feel too embarrassed to even give this as a gift. I will have a really expensive snack for myself, I guess.

2.0 out of 5 stars Purchased for myself - so I can be brutally honest., November 27, 2011
The box is filled more than half-way with shredded paper and has only three very small bags of the nuts and fruit shown in the photo. You receive 5 oz of pistachios, 6 oz. of almonds and 1 cup of mixed dried fruit. I would be very disappointed if I had sent this to someone else as a gift. As is, I just feel that I overpaid by 200 - 400%. The quality of the food is nice, but not exceptional and the packaging is a typical box that has dividers (to hold the shredded paper in place I am sure).

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst gift ever, January 14, 2012
I gave this as a Christmas gift. I was embarrased to see that the bags of nuts and dried fruit were so small when they opened it. They told me later on that they did not wish to complain about a gift but that they thought I should know. All the items were very stale and did not taste good. They wanted me to avoid ever purchasing this item again for anyone else. I was shocked and surprised because you received so little product for the price and then it is stale on top of it. Will never purchase anything from Broadway Basketeers again!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Improved but needs dividers to look finished, December 14, 2012
I got the new and improved version of this.
It has more of the contents inside and no filler, I guess I got lucky there.
Another box gift I got has a gold foil bags, this would have looked better.

Any company that tries to improve their products from customer reviews is a good company to deal with.
I didn't spend a fortune so I think I got what I payed for.
Not a 5 star product so keep trying!

1.0 out of 5 stars Pathetic..., December 6, 2012
I bought this as a Christmas gift for my father-in-law as he really likes this kind of thing (he really does, no one knows why). When I received this item my first immediate impression was "Looks nice, and no need for gift wrap", than I decided to slide the ribbon they include around the box off and take a peak at the product inside; I'm glad I did, I would have been mortified if he opened that at the family Christmas gathering...

The alleged "Gourmet" collection in this box looks terrible; No dividers, heavy amount of production dust visible inside the bags, the pineapple and raisins are rock hard, no dividers to keep the items separate and/or have any hope of looking like the manufactures picture, and about half the product pictured by manufacturer (my picture makes it hard to tell but the bags just about half-way fill the gift box and that is with a lot of air in them)... I will not be buying from this brand again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Gift Set, November 11, 2010
sent this to my mother for her birthday, and she loved it. I'm thinking of ordering one for myself now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice gift box :0), March 13, 2014
Esther V. Aguilera (REPRESA, CA. United States) - See all my reviews
This gift box came all ready to be given as a gift, it even came with a ribbon and bow! Hope it tasted as good as it looked two thumbs Up :0)

1.0 out of 5 stars very small and price left in package., December 16, 2013
It was tiny and not packaged nicely. I though I had put a gift card in with the box of fruit and nuts. There was no card. The price was in the box and it was a gift. I am trying to look back to see if I ordered it properly. Even if I didn't the product is not worth the money and I was embarrassed by how small it was when it arrived at my dance studio. I would never take a chance again without seeing the actual item. I am a good customer of Amazon and never had a complaint before this. Very poorly done.

1.0 out of 5 stars Joshua, December 8, 2012
I was very disappointed in this product. The box looks nice, but when you open it, there are cheap looking bags of various nuts and dried fruit. It doesn't look appetizing at all, and feels very cheap. I bought these for gifts to my employees and feel embarrassed to give them. I plan to return them.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›