- Paperback: 247 pages
- Publisher: Precision Nutrition; 1st edition (2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 097743091X
- ISBN-13: 978-0977430918
- Product Dimensions: 9 x 9 x 1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.6 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (47 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #48,764 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Gourmet Nutrition: The Cookbook for the Fit Food Lover Paperback – CLV, 2007
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
If you’re the author, publisher, or rights holder of this book, let ACX help you produce the audiobook.Learn more.
Top Customer Reviews
Here are the things I love about it,
-are incredibly healthy
-contain easy to find ingredients
-DON'T contain long lists of ingredients
-are meant for mostly 1-2 servings (great for people like me that are cooking for one & don't want to eat the same thing for 4 days)
-pictures of every recipe
-contains nutritional breakdown for each male (large) & female (small) portions
-offers suggestions for side dishes (I love when cookbooks do this, it makes planning meals so much easier)
-offers suggestions for substitutions that don't radically change the nutrition content
-separates meals into "Anytime" & "Post-workout"
The higher carb meals are the PW meals. Following the suggestion to eat them only after working out is great for losing and maintaining fat loss. I really like that there is no tracking calories or carbs or any kind of tracking/calculating at all! If you eat the AT meals anytime & the PW meals post-workout you won't eat too many carbs or calories, you won't eat too few grams of protein (for muscle maintenance) or calories. So much better than every other cookbook I've ever had where you have to calculate & pick & choose what meals you can eat together on the same day without eating too many calories, carbs or too few calories.
Some minor problems with the book
-typos (the protein content on a couple recipes is the calorie count repeated. But that's easily remedied by subtracting the fat grams * 9 & the carb grams * 4, from the total calorie count)
Highly recommended and real pity that Amazon doesn't ship those for now.
Here is what you get, many of which I have yet o find in other books.
* Large and small servings ideal for men or women and can be adjusted if cooking for more than one person.
* Post-workout and anytime meals. I don't recall seeing this feature elsewhere, but this helps me out tremendously, knowing which meals have that extra carb content
* Main and side dish pairings, so you can have your protein and decide which side dishes u want to use for your carbs, whether low carb or more complex.
* Meal templates to use if u wish according to whatever time of day you work out.
* Section of food preparation tips for those that need it and those who want more efficient ways of cooking.
* Tools and equipment so you know what to have in your kitchen and cabinets. Its not complicated because most people have these utensils already.
* Breakfast, Shakes & Smoothies, Meats (include game meat like venison and bison), Poultry, Seafood, sides, snacks, salad dressing.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book was recommended to me and I held off because of the price. I love the labels of anytime meals (AT) and post workout (PW) I have to decide to earn those extra carbs at... Read morePublished 12 days ago by Emily A. Donovan
This cookbook is phenomenal !!! I am a very active person in fitness, and I really appreciate how all the recipes are designed to give you the best fuel for your workout needs.... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Aimee
I can't say enough great things about this book. Even after several years of training people at the gym, it still astonishes me how little people really know about nutrition. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Robert Plyler
Great cookbook for those of us interested in supporting our workouts with the right nutrition. This makes doing that so much simplier. The recipes taste awesome.Published 15 months ago by ShellyO