- Paperback: 160 pages
- Publisher: ICS Press (March 1999)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1558155120
- ISBN-13: 978-1558155121
- Product Dimensions: 9 x 6 x 0.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8.8 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#2,451,836 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #1346 in Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > United States > State
- #2294 in Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Public Affairs & Policy > City Planning & Urban Development
- #2324 in Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Urban Planning & Development
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Governing Local Public Economies: Creating the Civic Metropolis Paperback – March, 1999
Up to 50% off select books
Featured titles are up to 50% off for a limited time. See all titles
Top Customer Reviews
I found myself having to pause after almost every paragraph to digest exactly what the implications were of the statements made. Oakerson ties theory in with real examples which, for me anyway, helped to bridge the economics language with the applications that I would understand. I work in government consolidation so I found this very useful and interesting. It is specific to this narrow space and can be technical at times, but I think that it is a great read. I recommend this for anyone with interest in government modernization or consolidation at the local level.