1,107 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Great wine "glasses"
We puchased a set of these in Nantucket and had to have more when we returned home. With tile floors and a pool area, it is nice to have "glasses" that won't break. I would have given them 5 stars, but you have to hand wash. If you put them in the dishwasher they get a bit of a haze. If you wash them on a heated dry setting, they warp, so please just hand wash.
Published on November 27, 2009 by Infowars.com

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh - they do the job, but not for me
First off let me start by saying I AM HUGE on reading reviews for products. Many mentioned some of the things below but I hope you find this review useful.

Published 21 months ago by E. Kimes

4.0 out of 5 stars Great wine "glasses", November 27, 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Govino Shatterproof Stemless Wine Glasses, September 24, 2011
KB (Milwaukee, WI) - See all my reviews
Worth the price. Best looking nonglass wine glasses you can find. I purchased for use inside or outside, just for extra glasses. I have every kind of wine glass possible, but for those evenings when your friends are inside and outside and there is a lot of activity, they are perfect. Especially for our cabin, since we entertain a lot.

They feel like glass and are not too flimsy like some reviews. Come on it's plastic and trendy too.

The weekend I bought them, saw them in an expensive home decor store, smile.

What I like most, the design. If Napa Style sells this glass design, their HOT.

The glass is 4.5" tall. Good size...

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh - they do the job, but not for me, March 26, 2013
This review is from: Govino Wine Glass Flexible Shatterproof Recyclable, Set of 4 (Kitchen)

I purchased these because when my wife an I got married 6 years ago, I was not a big wine drinker. Since that time within the past year something "clicked" and now I very much so enjoy a glass of wine. For a wedding gift we were given a set of 8 beautiful wine glasses (expensive), through the last year 4 of them have broke so now its time to move to a new glass / cup.

Right off the bat when I opened these I expected them to be a lot thicker and this was just by initial look. I mean product description only says so much. Regardless of that I still purchased these because of their outstanding reviews and feedback. When I picked these up they are extremely LIGHT weight and cheap material. The overall comfort in holding one of these in your hand was AMAZING. I absolutely loved that little "thumb" cut out. You just don't understand unless you held one in your hands. For that alone I was considering keeping these. But I could not get over the "material" part of it. To be honest these felt like "SOLO" cup material, just a tad thicker at the bottom. Yes, I know I went there...

I can see how these can be very useful for people who may be drinking while standing, or sitting on a patio or any hard surface that if they drop they will not break! That was a great feature. And while I could just suck it up and deal with it there was something else that sent me to the point in which it made my decision for me. When I went to take a sip, every sip I took the inner edge of the brim of the cup was rather sharp. Not to the point that I would of cut my lip but to the point it just made taking a sip of wine rather not so enjoyably. Most cups at the brim (even cheap disposable) are not even something I think of when I take a sip of drink, no matter what that drink may be. But these cups every time I took a sip I noticed it, so did my friends. We all said GREAT IDEA! Just a poor design.

Now maybe its possible I got a defective pair so please understand that in reading this review that this could be a possibility, but I just wanted to share my experience I had with them.

Again I hope you find this review helpful and I will be returning these asap.

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPER!, December 27, 2009
These glasses are not hard plastic, if that is what you are looking for. They have more flex and that is what makes them spectacular! Not to mention the thumb placement space. I love these glasses for outdoor and indoor use-really wonderful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, December 31, 2010
These glasses are the best! Comfortable to hold, nice to drink out of. Just don't put them in the dishwasher!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great glasses for boating, September 27, 2010
Linda Anderson (SAN PEDRO, CA, US) - See all my reviews
I read all of the negative reviews and had to comment. We were given a set of 12 of the glasses as "boat warming gift from a fellow boater. They are much better looking than the plastic glasses you get at a big box store. They are light weight do not scratch and they bounce when dropped. They don't crack like the cheep ones you get at the market. They can be used over and over. The only negative I can think of is that they are not to be put in a dishwasher - which BTW we do not have on our boat! They are unique and we have received lots of positive comments from our guests.

1.0 out of 5 stars These are toxic type 1 plastic, June 10, 2014
These cups are rather nice, however they are made of unsafe type 1 plastic. Type 1 plastic is intended to be used once and recycled. Once heated they leach toxins. Heating as in, hot water to wash them with.

If the company used safe type 2, 4, or 5 plastic then I could recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cups, June 28, 2010
David Smethurst (Berkeley, CA United States) - See all my reviews
These are great for pool clubs (no glass), camping (no stems), and picnics. We love them. Great quality, they look good, and they turn heads when we use them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for around pool!, August 17, 2010
These glasses are a great idea, especially around the pool area! They are lightweight. We like the finger impression too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally. A simple, elegant, plastic wineglass, August 31, 2010
Experienced this wine glass at an event in Napa Valley last weekend. It was the first plastic wineglass I've ever used that didn't detract from my wine drinking experience. Although, now I'm regretting not taking my "govino" home instead of recycling it at the event -- they are pricey, and should be treated as multi-use, not single-use, for those occasions where glass is just too dangerous/risky.