Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 3, 2009 2:56:27 PM PDT
Byron Kolln says:
As of June 2009, Warner Home Video's rights to the "My Fair Lady" movie have expired. So grab the DVD while you can!

Posted on Jul 28, 2009 8:35:57 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 28, 2009 8:40:06 PM PDT
R. Brittain says:
My Fair Lady is being reissued by Paramount in October. Always wondered why Paramount didn't get it when CBS was still part of Viacom; apparently CBS wanted Warner (who originally made it, but under its film-rights agreement had to give it back to CBS, who owned the play, after 7 years) to handle it at that time. Since Sumner Redstone (thru National Amusements) still controls both CBS & Viacom despite their split, the synergy remains appropriate.

However, we don't know yet what its transfer quality will be; if they do a new transfer (and the 2004 version is any indication), it may be of lesser quality than this one, which came out only 4 years after the 1994 restoration. (Edit: It seems the 1994 print may have degraded significantly between the 1998 & 2004 transfers; it's unlikely to improve for the 2009 edition, especially since Paramount is *not* releasing it on Blu-ray yet.)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Jul 3, 2009
Latest post:  Jul 28, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
My Fair Lady [VHS]
My Fair Lady [VHS] by Audrey Hepburn (VHS Tape - 1994)
4.6 out of 5 stars (1,203)