Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on August 16, 2013
I recently returned from a back-country backpacking trip in the Grand Tetons. Due to the steep climib to over 10,000 feet with a pack, I needed to keep weight to a minimum. I took my very light weight summer sleeping bag but knew it would not be enough at altitude to keep me warm. This product did the trick. What works best is to first lay out the blanket with about 35% on the floor of your tent and the remainder folder on top. Then slip your ground pad and sleeping bag inside and fold it over and tuck it underneath at the feet and the side(that's why you need to leave more on the top). Essentially, make yourself a burrito. This kept me very comfortably warm with very miinimal weight. The blanket is much studier than the disposal true emergency blankets that are the size of a pack of cigarettes, and thus has a bit more bulk and weight. But the weight is very slight and it does fold up to a small size if you take a bit of time (about the size of a medium length paperback book). Definitely a very useful item when backpacking across a wide range of temperatures and weight must be kept to a minimum.
on July 17, 2011
Love this blanket! It's a great light-weight tarp and folds up to about the size of a paperback book. I bought the orange one for our emergency kit and have pulled it out and used it at several outdoor concerts now. My only concern is it's durability. after just the first time using it I noticed a very small hole at one of the folds.
on March 15, 2013
Yo...so everyone has probably seen those little pocket sized "Space Blankets"...Well this is NOT one of those. Rather this it is a (relatively) heavy-duty "Tarp-like" version (hemmed outer edges, grommets, etc) that is -much- more durable than those little aluminum foil like "blankets". As a result it is somewhat more bulky (the package is about the size of a cigar box)...but still not so large that you can't find room for it in the trunk of your car, in an emergency kit or in the bottom of your backpack. Over the years, I've taken similar products on camping trips to Alaska and Canada and have found use for them several times. When I lived in Minnesota I -always- had two or three of these tucked away under the seat of the car. Highly recommend.
on April 21, 2015
I purchased this to cover some of the tubes in my solar hot water system during the peak of the summer to reflect back some of the heat. I produce too much hot water in the summer. It was out in the Florida sun for about 9 months and held up well. After being up in the roof during the summer heat and rain, it had a few spots where the mylar had worn through but the fabric and blanket are still intact. I would definitely recommend it. It has six grommets that help strap it down.
on April 14, 2009
This "blanket" is a generous size... easily able to accommodate four people comfortably. I didn't realize from the description that it didn't have a soft side... just the plastic side and the silver side, but it works. Word of warning... don't sit on the silver side if the sun is out unless you are wearing sunscreen!
on February 18, 2012
The blanket is made of laminated plastic, aluminum and fabric. It has woven nylon tape sewn around the perimeter and a brass gromet at each corner. The dimensions (5 by 7 feet) and weight (12oz) are accurate. I was able to fold the blanket to fit in a gallon-sized ziplock bag with space to spare.

I bought this to keep in a car for emergencies (72-hour bag). It is suitable for use as shelter or a blanket, and I believe it will stand up to weeks of use. I am 100% satisfied with this purchase.

Labeled as Made in USA.
on December 11, 2010
i purchased this product because i sleep in a VERY cold bedroom that has no insulation or heat register (& costs a mint to heat) i put this blanket on top of my down comforter & felt the difference in a matter of minutes, it does what it says it does! reflects body heat & is of excellent quality..this product is much nicer than an old silver space blanket i was using..this makes sleeping in 48 degrees very comfortable though once it gets above 20 degrees outside it does get a bit too warm..great product & price!
VINE VOICEon May 23, 2012
I've been using this space blanket for years and always have one with me in my car, my home emergency kit, and my day hike backpack. Below are some points of review based on my experience:

Versatility - I enjoy using this blanket for many uses. While it is primarily living in my kits for emergency purposes, I most often use it for impromptu picnics and as a sun and wind shelter while camping and at the beach. Unlike thin, mylar blankets, this is sturdy enough to use with regularity. It is also large enough to use for a nice-sized picnic blanket, picnic tablecloth, wind or rain shelter (as a matter of either convenience or emergency), or as light camping shelter in lieu of a tent. It has useful and strong grommets at the corners. At 5 X 7 feet, it is a perfect size for most uses.

Durability - I have found that this holds up well to repeated use and mine have lasted many years. While I have found that it is relatively resistant to tears, it will puncture if placed on dry, sharp sticks.

Visibility - I prefer the red color, as it is highly visible and will work well as a signaling device if I need to use it as such if stranded somewhere.

Weight - The size and durability that make this blanket so versatile also adds weight and bulk. While it is much larger than paper-thin emergency blankets, I still keep one in my day hike backpack any time I go out, due to its usefulness. When considering this for your car or home emergency kit, the size and weight won't be a consideration.

Emergency Preparedness - This blanket will keep you warm and dry in the rain and/or wind, and won't tear or shred like lighter emergency blankets. It has a shiny side that will radiate heat back to you. I can highly recommend this blanket for the trunk of your car or in your truck's kit.

Quality and Value - Given the durability and usefulness of this blanket, I consider it an excellent value. The workmanship is good and it's made in the USA. For usefulness, versatility, and as an emergency preparedness item, the value is huge.

If you go camping, have a picnic, hike, or are a prudent disaster preparedness planner, this blanket belongs in your kit. I've got one in each of my vehicles, my home kit, and my day hike backpack, and have been using them for years. Easy to recommend this item at five stars.
on February 7, 2012
I have been using tarp spaceblankets like this for over a decade. I don't know if the one I had for years and lost was the same brand but I can see no difference. There are allot of uses for this item. Its a bit small for your only tarp and a bit bulky as your only space blanket but its multitude of uses tips the scale on me bringing it along. I have used it as. A blanket, a shelter top, a shelter floor, a cooking area, a warm layer at the botom of the tent over and over, I have used it as a poncho, a small pavilion and there are a bunch of other potential uses that I haven't personaly tried but are quite self evedent. Mainly this item shines in shelter building. I have used two of these at once and I have owned five of them. A great item that has withstood the test of time.
on October 28, 2014
This blanket makes a loud crinkling noise when you move under it, but boy does it keep you warm! I put one down on the bottom of my tent floor and another one on top of my sleeping bag. I feel too confined in a sleeping bag that is zipped up all the way, and this blanket helped keep my upper body warm that was exposed to cold air coming into the top of my sleeping bag. I was camping in sub 40 degree weather and felt toasty!