4.0 out of 5 stars Warm and toasty
I had electric socks over ten years ago. These improve on that design.
The 1st pair we're on or off by snapping down the battery area. So 'off' would let the batteries out.

Published on December 18, 2008 by Tcat

1.0 out of 5 stars stay away beware
Published on January 20, 2011 by sophie

1.0 out of 5 stars stay away beware, January 20, 2011
This review is from: Grabber Warmers Grabber Heat Sox- Battery Powered Heated Socks, Extra-Large (Health and Beauty)
I got these for my husband for xmas who is China for 2 yrs and they have no heat there. The socks did not actually heat so I contacted the seller to return. They sent their return policy that states satisfaction assured and an exchange or refund will take place and in pkg "if possible." I no longer had the pkg but returned them NEW AND UNUSED this is what they sent me: We'd be delighted to send it back to you (they also stated that I have to pay for postage).You asked what our return policy was and we sent it to you (which I did not). You knew or should have known if you were reading the above line that we will only take back unused "CLOTHING" if in its original condition. Why bother to ask about a return policy (again I didn't) if you then don't read it? Why should we accept unsanitary clothing. Do you think we want to handle it? NO, we don't. We don't want to open a package, put our hands in it and be touching something that was on someone's feet. When we got your package we expected that it was in the condition which we sent it - NEW.(and it was)
I have never been so offended by their email. This is so unprofessional. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY, SERIOUSLY, I CAN'T SAY THAT LOUD ENOUGH, I would NEVER EVER send back a used product and for them to send such an offensive email to a costumer!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars not so hot, January 31, 2009
Well, they say they do not heat your feet. That's true. As near as I can tell, they don't do much at all, except weight down your calves where the batteries hang. It seemed a good idea at the time, but I really don't think they were worth the money. I just use them a thick socks now, sans batteries.

2.0 out of 5 stars Consider Alternate Options, October 28, 2008
Kimberly R. (East Lansing, MI USA) - See all my reviews
These battery-operated socks took much too long to get warm and didn't get warm enough.

1.0 out of 5 stars Heated Socks, February 6, 2010
The socks does not keep my feet warm. Also walking around with D size batteries is not comfortable. Save your money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing, January 31, 2011
I ordered these socks for myself (and another pair for my better half, which thanks to the detailed review of another burned buyer, I'll know better than to even put on my feet to avoid their being dubbed as "used" when I (try to) return them. My feet Never warmed up; the socks themselves barely warmed up, even on what's euphemistically dubbed "High." They reputedly warm the feet by encouraging circulation to the toes which they supposedly Do heat (the warming unit is contained there). Alas, however, the only circulation they encourage is that of the adrenal glands which get overworked from being aggravated by this worthless item. In short, as we used to say in ancient Rome, "Caveat emptor!" ("Let the buyer beware!")

4.0 out of 5 stars Warm and toasty, December 18, 2008
I had electric socks over ten years ago. These improve on that design.

Heat Sox uses a removable container for the "D" battery per sock. There is a switch for off, high and low. They say 10 hours on high, 12 on low. I'm wearing them on high right now... They really do help keep the toes warm. Yes, you need some sort of footwear. I'm using light slippers at the moment.

Construction is good quality. Of course hand wash and lay on a towel for drying. I got "large" (not X large) and they fit my size 11 (US) 43 (EU) feet just great. A heck of great gift.

Not sure how they will do with re-chargeable batteries (yet).

Update. It is Dec 2013 and I'm still using them :)

1.0 out of 5 stars WASTE OF MONEY!!!, January 2, 2012
I bought these for my boyfriend for Christmas, he used them to go hunting today and they didn't work what so ever! Do not buy these! It was 30+ bucks down the drain!

1.0 out of 5 stars They don't work, December 22, 2011
These socks do not work the least bit. I put in two new d batteries, turned the adjuster to HI and it does not get warm at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cold feet no more!, June 23, 2010
Used these socks for the sub zero convoys in Iraq. Useful while going 60 MPH into the harsh desert's winter elements at 2AM in the morning in an open turret on top of a 7 Ton Truck. Only bad thing I had to say was they made my feet sweat if I left them on as it heated up in the afternoon. Also, these socks could prove useful for hunting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Battery Powered heated socks, March 9, 2007
Good product kept my feet warm and cozy. Well made and shipped quickly good company to buy from.