Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th

on April 4, 2015
This one works !

Merely, turning the tuner 'OFF', then back 'ON', didn't get this recognized; it was necessary to un-plug the tuner ... and re-plug; then, the tuner recognized this converter and worked fine from then on ... No big deal - just letting you know; so you don't get nervous when/if powering off/on leaves you, still, with your WiFi connection.

Stations get changed faster (about 1 second), too ... as well as being less subject to buffer drop-outs.

WELL worth the investment, if you enjoy Internet radio. I'm glad I did it, even though WiFi worked.
on March 7, 2015
I am strictly a novice here. My very first foray into the world of digital radio started with the purchase a few weeks ago of a lovely... albeit suspect Grace Digital Audio GDI-IRN1941 Victoria Nostalgic Internet radio purchased used on another web site. Suspect in that the radio's volume knob's action is not dependable. Cannot move volume up past 50%... Note that when using the Grace radio's remote, full volume functionality is observed. Also, the lovely wooden cased radio is suspect in that when initially setup on wifi I was plagued by all manner of "inactivity" timeouts on Pandora every few hours. Have not tried any other channel groups yet. My radio is located just 20 feet from my Netgear WNR2000V3 dd-wrt router. Signal strength appeared fine. So I purchased this proprietary Grace branded Ethernet adapter. Then registered the radio on the Grace web site to finally see the numerous "My Pandora " stations I had set up earlier. Installation of this USB adapter was a breeze. Just followed the instruction on the supplied sheet. Instead of a direct wire, I am connecting using a couple Netgear Powerline adapters between my router and my radio. The inactivity dropouts have now ceased to be a problem. I assume this Ethernet adapter has something to do with this. So far a very satisfied customer on the matter of this Ethernet adapter. Jury still out on the radio.
review image
on March 23, 2014
So when I recently ordered the New Grace Encore Digital radio I decided that I did not want to use my wireless WiFi and I would rather go with a hard wire to my router. I had read all the reviews for the radio and decided that I would eliminate the possibility some of the problems others encountered by going with the Ethernet hookup. So I looked at this adapter and other adapters that were cheaper but decided I would go with this one since it had a different look then the others I saw on Amazon and thought maybe there was a reason for this. Well there wasn't because as one other review here states, you do not get the product that is pictured. In my opinion this is a fraudulent way to list an item for sale. Had the correct item been shown then I would have purchased one of the other adapters and saved at the minimum $5. The adapter that comes feels like a 50 cent item that you pick up at your local dollar store. If it cost more then 35 cents to make I would be shocked. I am hoping that if I never move the unit and nothing ever touches it them MAYBE it will hold up, if the glue that holds it together does not dry out and allow the unit to just fall apart. I do not recommend anyone purchase this item at this price. Yes it works but so do many things in a dollar store for awhile. That is the feeling I have about the quality of this part.

Update: well after one day of use the adapter is dieing. I noticed the radio saying it was disconnected from the network and to reconnect. I thought it was the radio until I turned off my light to go to sleep and discovered the adapter was giving off a red light from inside the adapter. However when the light would flash off, I would get the disconnect notice on the radio screen. Amazon is sending out a replacement and we will see how the next one works out. Changing rating to one star.
review image
99 comments|4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2014
This does exactly what it says it will do. I have three Grace Digital Radios. This allows me to hook one up wired directly to the hardline. How can you beat it? You can't. If you're reading this, then buy it. Go on. I love my Grace radios.
on February 7, 2015
The ethernet worked no problem. After installing and rebooting my system, it imediately used the LAN internet line. No more dropped digital connections.

I have an older Grace radio model GD IRD 4500M which they no longer sell. I suspect that this USB to Ethernet cable will work on any Grace Radio with a USB connection than the one listed on this listing. I doubled checked by look up my model on Amazon and saw that thsi cable was in the list of assessories. When I originally bought the radio. They didn't have this available because I was looking for a digital radio I could hardwire to the internet.

While there are many USB cable to Ethernet cables on the market now they all require drivers to be loaded on the computer inorder for them to work. There is no way to load the driver on these digital radios. I suspect the driver was loaded during a firmware upgrade. I suspect that this is the only cable that will work with Grace Radios because they probably tweaked the driver to make it prioritory. There is an of chance that a similar looking cable would have the same driver and would be cheaper because I doubt Grace makes this cable. I came in a simple plastic packaging with a small square of paper with instruction. The paper looked like it had been printed out on a computer printer and hand cut.
on March 10, 2013
Just do not forget to set the radio to its WIRED setting when connecting this adapter. Otherwise, it will continue to try to operate off of a wire-less signal.
on July 18, 2012
Shipping was a bit slow, but once it came I was able to just plug it into the Grace Internet Radio and it worked without any hassle.

Don't unplug it while it is doing it's thing. You may be able to switch ethernet cables without a break in music, but unplugging the USB while it was working required a power down reboot (but that is probably more of a radio issue, not the adapter)
on July 14, 2015
Great quality and works well! I have wifi, but also got this now in case I did not have wifi for some reason in the future. I just got the Grace Mondo radio, so decided to get this now. It's well made, just like the Grace Mondo radio.
on March 29, 2013
Use this adapter to connect your Grace radio to the internet with an ethernet cable. Other brands may not work.

This was ordered from Amazon under their super saver shipping option on March 19, and did not ship until March 26. I understand about using cheaper shipping methods with super saver, but why did it take Amazon 7 calender days to get the merchandise out the door (it was listed as being "in stock"). If this is their way of encouraging people to buy their Prime program, it may backfire with me. I am more likely to buy from other vendors.
on March 5, 2015
It does a fine job of connecting the Grace radio to a wired connection. It does have one annoying quality, in that it lights up when connected. I use the radio in my bedroom on my nightstand, and the light is extremely bothersome. I wrapped the whole thing in black tape. There should be a switch to turn the light off.