5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding radio.. Outstanding battery...
I am writing this for the battery pack as used on the Mondo GDI-IRC6000
In one word... EXCELLENT. It fulfills the stated specs perfectly.
I got a full 12 hours after an 8 hour charge.
Only one beef is the lack of a user manual. I am taking the
liberty of using a remark made by the manufacturer as to how to get
more life from the battery pack. I...
Published on May 12, 2012 by KenBar

2.0 out of 5 stars Limited battery life due to Grace Radio "feature"
The Grace Radio seems to draw almost as much current in standby mode as it does in operation. As a result, the charge on the battery is limited to about a day regardless of how much you use it that day.
Published 19 months ago by Wes

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding radio.. Outstanding battery..., May 12, 2012
This review is from: Grace Digital ACC-IRCLI Mondo Rechargeable Battery Pack (Electronics)
I am writing this for the battery pack as used on the Mondo GDI-IRC6000
In one word... EXCELLENT. It fulfills the stated specs perfectly.
I got a full 12 hours after an 8 hour charge.
Only one beef is the lack of a user manual. I am taking the
liberty of using a remark made by the manufacturer as to how to get
more life from the battery pack. I would also like to make one
statement that has not been made.

What to do if you take the radio on a trip and want to arrive with a
fully charged battery? If you just unplug it, the clock starts ticking.
IF you have an RV and want to create a hot spot, and listen all the way,
just unplug it and go for it. If, however, it is packed and you want
to arrive with a full charge at your cabin etc, follow the mfg directions
below.

Also... there is one caveat to getting the extra battery life. If you do not
have it plugged in, the battery will start discharging immediately. Also,
if you choose to remedy this by turning off the wi-fi, the radio will take a
short time to reload and connect vs instant on. This is more than enough
reason to leave it plugged in all the time.

How I personally use it... I have a home office and leave it plugged in all day.
At 11pm I unplug and move to the bedroom. It plays for 60 min unless I get
a good Coast To Coast show and it plays for several hours. It then automatically
cuts on in the morning. This costs me about 1 bar of power. At this time I plug
in the radio to recharge.

Here are the directions from the manufacturer how to get extra life from the battery.
I have the latest version of the software and here are the exact keys to press to
get to the appropriate screen.

First note that if you pause more than 4 seconds, the screen goes back to the playing menu.
This is no big deal as it remembers the key press sequences.

1) Home ... press the home key with the little house on it. This takes you to all the pictures.
2) Turn the round knob on the bottom clockwise till you get to the "Settings" icon.
3) Press the knob to select "Settings".
4) Select "Wi-Fi and Network Setup"
5) Select "Wireless standby power mode"
6) Answer the question.. "Stay connected to Wireless in Standby"
7) Select "No" by rotating knob and then PRESSING the know to select "NO".

Also remember to set your 3 display options to as low a power as you can live with.....

Then next time you start the radio, you will have a 30-45 second delay with the following messages"
1) Initializing Network
2) Network disconnected, please connect...
After a short time it will reload the last station that you were listening to.

======================================
THIS IS NOTE FROM THE MANUFACTURER I CLIPPED FROM ANOTHER POST.

Hello, the battery will play for up to 12 hours. You are correct that keeping the radio unplugged indefinitely it will only last 12 hours in standby unless you change the settings. If you want to keep it unplugged from the wall you should change two settings:
1) back light: turn your standby back light 'off'.
2) turn the network card off. Go to network settings, select wireless standby and turn it off.
Those two settings will maximize battery life when the radio is not in use.

Additionally, while using a battery, the backlight setting should be minimized to maximize battery life.

However, as you note the radio is designed to be plugged into the wall when not in use to charge the battery. Then when fully charged it will provide portable use for up to 12 hours ( twice the average of the competitor).

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, February 5, 2013
This product is as good as advertised and easy to use. If I had an objection it would go to Grace(the radio's builder) because what these are is AA NiMH or Lithium batteries soldered together in series to get 12v and a couple of taps out at in-between voltages. The connected batteries are then held together by heat shrink plastic. The fact is, when this pack wears out (long time from now), I will probably make my own replacement(not for everybody to do). Anyway Grace could have made this radio so that you could buy off the shelf rechargeable AA batteries and inserted those into a built-in AA holder which would be less expensive. Other Grace models do that very thing. A Costco member could get all the AA rechargeable needed for half the price. I suspect Grace didn't go this route to piss us all off, it's probably about how space inside the radio's cabinet would be allocated, and likely as not having a bass-port to improve sound dictated some of the space concessions made. Still, manufacturers would do us all better if they would use batteries we can replace at Walgreen's or Wal-Mart, etc. and that's not just for radios, it's for cameras, shavers, etc. As long as we buy devices that are manufactured to need weird batter combinations it is good that we have solid manufacturers an sellers like this one to rely on. Having the right battery is important, look at the trouble Boeing is in because of their design involving lithium batteries.

4.0 out of 5 stars Battery works great ~ I get about 12 hours of use from it ~ Needs user guide, December 30, 2012
I purchased this battery so that I would be able to use my Grace Mondo radio from various locations inside and outside my house. It is on the expensive side, but since it works so well and truly makes the Mondo a portable device, it's worth it to me. I'm giving it 4 stars instead of 5 for two reasons. First, as mentioned, it's a costly accessory that I think should be sold for less. Second, because there are no instructions on how to install the battery. While it's easy to figure out how to plug in the different colored wires, an instruction guide on where to place the adhesive backed rubber thing that comes with it, would have helped a great deal. I assumed that the rubber thing is included, so that the battery doesn't move around when you pick up the radio. As to where to put it, I had no idea. I placed it in various locations, with no success. Finally, I placed it right on top of the battery, which seems to hold the battery in place. I know this is a tiny, tiny issue, but one that can cause a lot of frustration when installing the battery.

4.0 out of 5 stars Last quite a while, June 5, 2013
This battery works well and last a lot longer than I thought it would. One thing I don't like is that it rattles in the radio from not fitting in.

2.0 out of 5 stars Limited battery life due to Grace Radio "feature", February 3, 2013
Wes (McKinleyville, CA) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Product "Apparently" Did Not Function, October 21, 2013
I placed Apparently in quotes as part of my headline since I'm not sure if my Grace Mondo radio is at fault or the battery pack was simply DOA. Specifically, once the backup battery pack is plugged in the wifi radio's status screen is supposed to light an icon showing that the battery is on board. In my case I could never get the icon to illuminate. Twice I remade the connection, very carefully verifying that the tiny printed circuit board plug was properly engaging and fully seated on the circuit board pins. As well, I left the battery plugged in for several hours, but still no battery icon would show on the status screen.

The backup battery is a good idea, however I'm just reporting that beware that it comes with no instructions, it is difficult to plug into the circuit board due to its very tiny plug size and ultimately my radio icon would never illuminate.

At under 30 bucks there isn't too much at risk here, but don't consider this a slam dunk add-on. Fortunately, returns with Amazon are a breeze.

3.0 out of 5 stars Died after two uses, September 30, 2013
Daniel G (Wheaton, IL United States) - See all my reviews
It was great to have the ability to move the radio around the house, unfortunately after the second discharge the battery would not charge. I'm waiting for a replacement. I hope the replacement last longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sandor, September 8, 2013
Mark Saunders (Lutz, FL United States) - See all my reviews
I received this battery four days ago along with a Grace Digital Mondo radio. I charged the battery overnight and through the next day, approximately 15 hours. It worked properly for about five hours and was dead. I tried recharging with the radio off and had no success. I removed and re-inserted the battery making sure the plug-in connection was correct and tried again to recharge. It was still dead. I placed a voltmeter across the orange and black wires on the plug and it has 0.0 volts. This must be an open circuit in the wiring of the battery pack. I am returning this unit and ordering another of the same. Other posters here have said this but I must warn that it IS NOT a Grade Digital product and comes in unmarked packaging with no charging directions. Hmmmm! There is also not mention of this optional battery in the Mondo handbook. Hmmm again and it is not available on the Grace website as far as I could see.

This is long so to sum up I am returning it to try again. I love the radio but the first experience with this product was a failure. I will update when the new one arrives.

September 29, 2013 Update.

I returned the original battery to Amazon and ordered a replacement. But instead of the third party vendor for 29.95 I selected the same item shipped and sold by Amazon.com which was $4.00 more. The new battery arrived in a marked GDI (Grace Digital Inc.) box and had the correct GDI part number. I installed the battery and the Mondo radio turned on and was playing before I even had time to turn it over. I made the suggested setup changes of turning off the network card when idle and turning the clock display brightness down to minimum on standby. I am getting excellent battery charge life at least 12-14 hours of constant use and the radio goes with me through out my weekend days at home. After the first failure and the second success I give this five stars.

2.0 out of 5 stars stand by drain, September 8, 2013
If you think your going to find a fully charged battery in the morning, after having it plugged in all night, think again....this system drains your battery in the stand by mode as well. At least that's what has been happening with mine!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it! Works great...., February 15, 2013
Hey Bill "Bill" (Rocky Mount, Virginia USA) - See all my reviews
Slips neatly into the battery compartment on the bottom of the radio. Works perfectly. Let's me take the radio anywhere in my home without having to deal with a power cord. It stays recharged by keeping it plugged in when you don't need to move it from place to place. Has never run low on power.

Grace Digital ACC-IRCLI Mondo Rechargeable Battery Pack