Top critical review
26 of 26 people found this helpful
A good stroller for the price but with some drawbacks
on September 23, 2013
I bought this stroller with the car seat and have been using it with my now 15 month old son since his birth, so I figured I would chime in on some of my feedback on this stroller.
- Comfortable seat, my son really likes it
- Pretty sturdey
- A good value for the price
- VERY heavy
- Not to be used for jogging, despite the three-wheel design
- Does not fold very compact at all. Putting in the trunk of a car often requires removal of front wheel (which is pretty easy)
- Not that durable. The seat folding bar snapped off on me at about the eight month mark and still I can't adjust the seat up or down without removing the fabric cover and manually adjusting it
- The basket sucks. If you put even something slightly heavy in it (like a sweatshirt), it will fall off the two small hooks on the side and land on the brakes, which engages them
-The sun shade could be bigger. I always feel like it's too far back or too far forward but there is no in between position
If you are looking at this stroller you are probably thinking, like we were, that we want something reasonably priced that will grow with our child and allow us to do occasional more rough and tumble strolles on unpaved areas. We also don't live in a city but a suburb so the walking isn't as necessary - we usually walk a few times a day on our street, probably a mile or two a day, occasionally more if we go places like a mall or the beach or something. ANd it works for that.
We are having a 2nd child now and are switching to a City Mini double stroller. It is much nicer than this one, but also costs almost $200 more - so it's up to your budget. This stroller gets the job done but like anything you get what you pay for.
For all this, the stroller has been OK. It has travelled with us several times (four flights) and been fine. It's just