Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on September 30, 2013
We have 2 of these seats. The first we've had for about a month, and just purchased a second due to our youngest being so jealous of the cup holders and "toy cubbies." They are replacing Britax Roundabouts that we LOVE, but our oldest has outgrown. So far, they are pretty good. I agree with previous reviewers about the crotch strap being difficult to buckle. However, after a month, it no longer bothers me, and it buckles easily at a specific angle. It was the same with the Britax initially. I actually prefer a buckle that is slightly difficult to use, as it makes escape less likely! The main drawback for me (and why this seat is getting 4 stars instead of 5) is feeling like I cannot get the chest strap tightened down enough without really pulling on it. Also, the silver buckles drop back into the car seats, and are difficult to reach under and pull up once the child is seated.

After purchase, I was ready to return the seat due to spending AN HOUR trying to manipulate the crotch buckle from one slot to another. I was beyond frustrated! However, a quick YouTube search for "Graco Argos 70 crotch strap" solved my problem in seconds. The key is to keep tension on the buckle from the top, and slowly manipulate the angle of the bracket on the bottom. I felt so silly for wasting so much time getting frustrated when I can now move it in about 5 seconds. Overall, I would recommend this seat. Our kids heads do tilt forward sometimes while sleeping, but we had the same issue with the Britax seats.
on July 8, 2012
We did tons of research, read the blogs and reviews, looked at the options and chose the Graco Argos 70 in "Eliza" on sale at Babies R Us for $159.95 in June 2012. Our daughter loves the seat, BUT it is nearly impossible to latch and unlatch the 2 buckles in the crotch strap. AND, once you do latch them, they almost dig into the legs and sort of pinch them when trying to latch, even in the furthest setting...and our daughter is only 34 pounds and 38 inches tall. What will happen when she grows? In addition, it doesn't really recline, and her head totally falls forward when she falls asleep...very uncomfortable. I don't know why Graco changed the crotch latch on their seats...we had a My Ride 65 from 2010 and loved the ease of getting her in and out. We are returning the seat to Babies R Us and just ordered the Britax Frontier 85 SICT for $254...it costs quite a bit more, but our daughter is worth it.
on February 8, 2014
I wanted to love this seat. We have the Nautilus for my older son and it works well so I went for the Argos for my younger son to avoid rethreading when it was time to adjust it. Fits in my jeep grand Cherokee well and was comfy for my son. THE PROBLEM: The way the harness is designed there is a tremendous amount of friction along the belt path to tighten it - especially when the headrest is in the lowest two positions. You cannot tighten it snugly around your child even with two hands and as much force as possible. I fought with it for 3 days in 0 degree temps, removed it to check for install problems, called Graco (they pleaded ignorance on the issue. Really?) and even went back to Babies R Us to check the demo model. No dice- it's a design flaw. Returned it and bought another Nautilus.
on August 23, 2013
I have 4 of these car seats. 2 in Butterfly Bliss and 2 in Martin and these are buy far the best car seats we have ever owned. They are forward facing only but well made and we love the metal frame in the back, very sturdy. Harness is easy on and easy off and very easily adjustable. I spent a month researching car seats and finally decided on these ones, the head support is great, their heads rarely slump when sleeping with the 2 supports on the side of their heads and the cup holder is a plus. My daughter loves her butterfly car seats, very cute girly print too and a major plus is it has a 10 year expiration, converts from a convertible to a high back booster to a booster so this will be the only car they will probably ever need and then they won't need to be in a car seat at all AND AWESOME FOR TALL KIDS! I recommend them to anyone who says they are looking for a convertible car seat. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!
on April 4, 2013
My son's Britax convertible seat went to his baby sister and we needed to get him a new seat. So, instead of getting another convertible seat we purchased the Argos. My husband and I went to Babies R Us to have our son "test out" the different seats to make sure he was comfortable in the seat. (Unfortunately, I didn't buckle and unbuckle the different seats!) He LOVED the Argos seat and said that it was his favorite one - so that's how we ended up with this model! I'm happy that he's happy -- I just HATE the buckles. The chest buckle was next to impossible to unlatch, so I called Graco. The rep told me to first squeeze the top, then the bottom - and this helped tremendously. Also, the red crotch buckle takes two hands to unlatch. This can be difficult when I'm holding my other child, so it's not the best. All in all, my son is happy and hops right into the seat without a fuss, so all in all - I'm happy with my purchase because of that ;) I just wish those buckles were a little easier to unlatch!

UPDATE AS OF 8/5/13:
So, we've had the seat for a couple months now and I have no issues with it at all! I've totally gotten used to the buckles on the seat and can get my son in and out of it with complete ease. However, it definitely takes two hands to undo the bottom buckle, which can be tricky if I'm holding my daughter ;) All in all, we are totally happy with the purchase.
on June 11, 2012
My daughter is currently 15 months old. She had outgrown her infant carrier by the time she was 6 months and her convertible car seat (an evenflow tribute v) shortly after she turned 1. She is off the charts for all of her measurements. She is 35 inches tall and weighs 32lbs. She is going to be tall.

I had been worried about her outgrowing the convertible for a while. We got the one we did because she was growing so fast and we hoped it would last until we could legally put her in a front facing carseat. She barely did. I had actually been researching the Nautilus since she outgrew her carrier and I had planned on buying 2 (one for my car and one for my mother's). I happened to stumble across the Argos 70 while perusing a sale flyer for Babies R Us and I researched it. I noticed it would seat her until she weighed 120lbs which is 20 more lbs than the Nautilus will sit. It's the same principal, just more sturdy.

I like the Argos. It's large and sturdy and I feel like it would protect my daughter (the single most important person in the world--to me) from harm. I like how easy it is to adjust it. I can tighten or loosen even when my daughter is sitting in it. I love the cubbies though I honestly don't know what I could put in there that would stay. My daughter is almost guaranteed to throw anything I put in them on the floor. I guess they'll turn into snack crumb receptacles as time goes on. My daughter likes sitting in a front facing seat almost as much as she likes getting out of it and getting into stuff. She cannot get the crotch latches undone. The fabric covering comes off easily for washing, but not so easily that she can take it off. It has a cup holder that will even hold the insulated sippy cups. The headrest is easy to adjust. I love the padded insert that sits in the seat. It's easy to take it off the car seat and wash it. I also like the fact that when she gets bigger all I have to do is remove that insert to give her additional room.

Even though I love her seat, there are a few cons to its design. It's heavy. Not super heavy, but heavy enough to make it difficult to take it in and out of cars (which is why I got 2). If you don't protect your seats it's liable to wear holes in them (I bought crash tested seat covers to protect my upholstery). The initial setup can be confusing if you have trouble with that sort of thing. It is REALLY HARD to change the slot the crotch strap comes up through. It took me and my partner struggling with it to get it out of one slot and into the other. The straps have padding which I was initially pleased with until one day while I was driving I heard the sound of velcro separating. I put them back on twice before I decided not to bother. She'll just continue pulling them off if I continue to put them back. My daughter can open the across the chest latch (I knew it wouldn't be long until she figured it out upon seeing it). The crotch latch has given me trouble unhooking on one side once but she was throwing a tantrum so that might have had something to do with the difficulty. The carseat is bulky and takes up a good portion of my cobalt's backseat.

Still, even with the cons I love this seat. It exceeds my expectations and I look forward to using it until my daughter completely outgrows it.
on December 4, 2014
My previous seat was a Britax and I was beyond happy with it. I bought this one knowing that is was going to be a quality downgrade, which it was. That was ok, however my problem is with tightening the straps. It is nearly impossible to get them tight. I can not get them tight enough on my own and even my husband has to pull with all his might, take a break, then pull again just to get the straps tight enough to go anywhere. I have contacted Graco for a solution, however now that I am researching the issue, I'm not very hopeful that there will be one. Sounds like it is just a design flaw. If there is no fix, I will definitely be returning this item and switching back to Britax.
on September 14, 2014
We really love this car seat. I had zero issues moving the buckle from one slot to other, and the most recent model has the harness attached to the headrest, so there is no rethreading when it's time to move it up a notch. I didn't think it was that difficult to install, like some other reviewer's stated.

Our 2 year old likes the seat and never complains about it being too tight like he does about the convertible seat we use in a different vehicle.
on February 28, 2013
I have 3 carseats for my 2 year old and this one by far surpasses the others! My son can fall asleep in this carseat and i have no worries that his head will be supported! I love that there is a place to put his cup that he can easily reach. There is also a little compartment for him to put small objects in his reach, like a ball or something. It's so easy to adjust, incase i have another child in my car, which i do often! It takes about 30 seconds to adjust for a different child. At first the buckel is hard to do, but it gets way easier, but not easy enough for a child to undo. I wish i could buy another to replace my other carseat!
on September 7, 2014
So far this has been a great seat. My son loves that there are little compartments to put things in on each side and a cup holder! The downfall with compartments of course is storage of food and after the first time we just had to remind him about no food in there. This seat is very roomy and seems like it will grow easily with my son who is tall for his age. The bottom buckle can be a bit of a pain since your child sits right on top of it but our son now just automatically pulls it out from under himself to allow us to buckle him in. Comfortable enough for him to sleep in and fabric doesn't immediately make him start to sweat because too warm.