5.0 out of 5 stars I thought he was crazy!
I thought my husband was crazy for wanting the most expensive high chair Babie's R Us had to offer. It's a high chair, right? We bought a decent Graco 11 years ago for #1, and used it for- what felt like -ever. After 11yrs and 3 (now 4) kiddos, the old Graco is long gone. But we have high-chair buying down to an art. The things we wanted:

--WHEELS on all legs...
Published on June 10, 2012 by Michigan Reader

1.0 out of 5 stars I really wanted to love this chair.
I searched and searched for a chair with the features that I really wanted:

Easy to clean fabric
On 4 wheels and easy to move
Reclining
Leg post attached to the chair - not the tray

After finding and ordering this chair I realized as soon as I put it together that it had none of the features that I wanted and this is why...
Published 11 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars I thought he was crazy!, June 10, 2012
This review is from: Graco Blossom 4-in-1 Seating System, Vance (Baby Product)

--WHEELS on all legs. We neeeeeed to be able to roll it around. To kitchen, various sides of the dining table, breakfast bar, etc.
--Narrow wheel base (see above).
--BIG TRAY. What is with the dinky high chair trays on so many models?
--Ability to take baby in/out without taking the tray off entirely.
--One-handed tray operation.

I was leaning toward a less expensive brand (Chicco), until I tried to pull little bean from the seat and CRASH went the tray on the store floor. That and the cheap feel of the "arms" on the other brand (where the tray fits onto the chair) decided it for me. The Graco has everything we need. It rolls wonderfully, turns on a dime, can fit through the narrow spaces (doorways, b/w the table and the wall, etc.), has a good-sized tray that operates one-handed. So long as I'm a little careful I can get bean in and out without pulling the tray off entirely.

This model also has a number of things I didn't *need* but LOVE. The tray is not just one layer, not just two, but THREE. Take the top insert off and there's still a tray. Pull the big tray off (the release is under the tray) and there's still a smaller tray underneath. This is amazing! It can also be used as a booster so easily my 11yr old can detach/reattach it. Plus, the booster base and the back support make a wonderful booster in itself. Not to mention the child seat option. This has been fun for my tiny 6-yr old. I bought one high chair and ended up with a great high chair, plus a booster for a sibling.

The ONLY downside: the tray does not fit flush against baby's tummy, which leaves a gap for droppings. We use bibs with a front pocket, so this isn't a serious problem, though I do wish the tray fit more snugly. A baby in a thin diaper might fit better. Our little one has cloth-diaper-puffy-butt. All in all, the best, most durable high chair you're likely to find. Well worth the $$.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving this chair. Bought two!, January 16, 2013
Bruce Miller (Navarre, FL, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Graco Blossom 4-in-1 Seating System, Vance (Baby Product)
My wife and I bought one of these for our daughter's family for Christmas. Our son-in-law put it together right away (it was pretty easy) and our granddaughter used it for the first time at our house. It was such a good chair that they had barely taken it home when we ordered another to keep at our house so the baby would have one to use here too. With at least one more grandchild on the way we'll get plenty of use out of this combination high chair, booster seat and youth chair.
In addition to all of the great five- and four-star reviews I see the chair has also received a couple of one-star reviews. One said that the child can fall out of the seat “once you unstrap the harness.” I suppose a baby could fall out of the chair if it wasn't strapped in! Another made a similar comment and said their baby fell out of the chair because they thought it was locked when it wasn’t. That doesn’t sound like a design flaw with the chair either.
This thing has a harness like a jet fighter or a race car: it has five straps that come over the shoulders, around the sides, and up between the legs. The straps all come together and fasten at a central point over the baby's chest. It appears to function just like the system in the car seat that our kids use, and seems as safe as it could possibly be.
I have no idea how a baby could fall out of this chair (or even get out if it tried) as long as you kept it strapped in, which is the general idea, right?
My recommendation is to buy the chair and then remember which one of you is supposed to be the adult. Fasten the straps, lock the tray in, and accept some responsibility.
Bottom line: this is a great chair.

1.0 out of 5 stars I really wanted to love this chair., January 13, 2014
I searched and searched for a chair with the features that I really wanted:

Easy to clean fabric
On 4 wheels and easy to move
Reclining
Leg post attached to the chair - not the tray

The fabric on the actual chair is a faux leather, easy to wipe down...but the insert on top is made of regular fabric and will have to be machine washed after each use to prevent staining. Also, the insert isn't attached to anything, just strung through the straps and stays back against the chair only when a child is sitting against it. Also needs to be readjusted every time you put baby in chair.

The front wheels on this chair do not swivel. Do not expect to be able to grab the front of the chair and move it around. It steers from the back only. We have a large kitchen and use the chair for baby to sit in while I cook, do dished, etc. Imagine a suitcase with wheels that do not swivel. You have to stand behind it and push in in front of you to steer. This chair is exactly like that.

Reclining feature. The back of this high chair reclines. By "the back" I mean ONLY the back portion. The seat does not recline with it. If you're planning to use it for a baby who does not sit independently yet, plan on them laying down rather than being reclined. Not at all practical to use as a feature to get them out easier - or IN, forget about it. Also, plan on leaving the tray on all the time if you're going to recline so the leg post (attached to the tray) can help keep them from sliding down the chair when it's reclined.

Which brings me to the tray. I knew the leg post was attached to the tray when I bought it, thinking it had the rest of what I wanted I was willing to give on that. But the way it reclines (they should call it a slide feature) broke me. When my 4 month old tried the reline without the stationary leg post I thought the straps would hurt his little man parts as he slid down the chair.

The child we purchased this chair for is our 5th child. I have had many years of experience with chairs and what I "need them to do" to be functional in our home. We ended up returning this chair and I bought the Chicco Polly Magic (a Babies R Us exclusive chair) - which reclines the whole seat including the part the supports the tushy, is faux leather on the chair and the insert, 4 wheels that all swivel, and an amazing tray that you can set on top and simply PUSH DOWN to attach. The new one we bought also has the post attached to the tray, but I can live with that because the entire seat reclines and I'm not relying on the post to help keep baby in place.

My suggestion (as a veteran mom) is to go see this chair, touch it, wheel it around, and really imagine yourself using it in your home (cleaning it, moving it, how baby will feel in it) before you buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, April 24, 2012
This review is from: Graco Blossom 4-in-1 Seating System, Vance (Baby Product)
My daughter loves sitting in this, she is so much happier than the highchair I previously bought her. It rolls around very easily, and I like that I can leave the snack tray attached and just put her in and then buckle her. The seat pad is very soft and easy to wipe down. Also, it comes with a booster that can be put on a dining room chair, so you are getting two seats in one. I think this is the perfect highchair! I added a few pictures so you can see the features.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, but was surprised by a couple things, May 21, 2013
This review is from: Graco Blossom 4-in-1 Seating System, Vance (Baby Product)
My 11-month-old baby is well-supported and comfortable in the high chair. I like how supportive and padded the back and seat are, how easy the material is to wipe clean, and the 5-point harness works well to keep her secured. I also like how HUGE the tray is! Even though I didn't think I'd need such a thing, it's kind of handy how there are three levels of trays. If I get distracted after breakfast, and I don't notice that I forgot to clean the smashed bananas off the tray until I'm setting my baby up for lunch--no worries! I just remove the top layer to reveal a clean tray beneath. I've never used the bottom tray, but it is available (although smaller). The recline feature is super easy to use, even though my baby is too old to recline while eating.

I do have a little minor things that I wasn't expecting, though:

When deciding on which color to purchase, I didn't realize that the infant insert was the only source of color on the high chair (other than the plastic frame). If you don't need the infant insert, the back is a blah greyish white (in the Vance high chair color). It's rather institutional looking, and I seriously considered exchanging it for the other color. However, I've come to the conclusion that it's not worth the hassle, and plan to keep it because I like it overall.

The buckle release for the 5-point harness can be a little tricky. Sometimes, you push the button, and the harness easily releases. Other times, it seems to get stuck, and I have to push everything back together, and try again. Fortunately, I haven't had to get the baby out quickly when it gets stuck like that, but it's kind of annoying.

I may have missed this somewhere, but I thought this was an all-in-one high chair that could separate into a high chair and toddler booster seat. Just so you know, the toddler booster seat is not a part of this high chair, and has to be stored separately. If you read this review and I'm incorrect--you have found a way to store everything together in the high chair--please leave a comment! I just got home from Japan where there is a 16-hour time difference, and I'm rather jet-lagged. I could be missing something. :P

The last thing that will be a little annoying to work around when I have baby #2 is the infant insert. It is just a piece of material with a head support. There is no way to affix it to the back of the high chair. You simply thread the material for the shoulder strap of the 5-point harness through the holes on the insert, and the baby will hold the infant insert in place when buckles in. When you take the baby out, the infant insert will probably slump down a bit, making it a little more difficult to put the infant back the next time. Just a little FYI.

That's all for now. Overall, it's a good high chair. It's MUCH better than the cheap-o temporary high chair we bought while in Japan, so it was nice to have something sturdy and well-built waiting for us when we got home!

4.0 out of 5 stars NOT the color in the picture, March 4, 2013
I specifically chose this version because of the color combination. The base of the high chair appears to be neutral and brown in the photos, but it is definitely all gray. It looks good with the covers and padding, but does not match my kitchen the way I was hoping.

Besides this one thing, I'm very happy with the high chair. It was easy to put together and seems very sturdy. I'm hoping for years of use from this chair! I don't usually spend so much on baby items, but if it really lasts through to become a youth chair, it will be well worth it.

I like that I can use the booster seat and high chair at the same time. We have a bar height table and I'm always nervous that my 3 year old niece is going to fall out of the chair, but I can use the booster seat for her and the high chair for my daughter at the same time. The youth chair will give us more seating when we have guests over.

**just wish it was brown as shown :/

3.0 out of 5 stars Great highchair but one BIG downside, May 18, 2014
This review is from: Graco Blossom 4-in-1 Seating System, Vance (Baby Product)
Love everything about the chair but the top tray apparently should NOT be put in dishwasher even though manual says it can. It warped and will no longer fit on the other trays. I did contact Graco directly but no word yet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Everything you can ask for, July 27, 2013
This review is from: Graco Blossom 4-in-1 Seating System, Vance (Baby Product)
My husband picked out this high chair because he liked that it we would only have to buy one item and it would last for the entire time our daughter needed it. He also liked that it was versatile enough that we could have both an infant and a toddler and they could both use the different parts of the chair at the same time. (You can use the infant seat and the toddler booster at the same time because they use different parts). This is really going to come in handy when our nephew comes to visit since he will be about 8 months younger than our daughter.

At the moment we are using only the infant seat for our 4 month old daughter. We use it in the reclined position to bottle feed her dinner and in the upright position so she can watch as we make dinner or sit at the table with us as we eat. It has been great for getting her used to the idea of being at the table and I am hoping it will make the transition to solid foods easier because she knows it means food.

Other reviewers have mentioned that the tray is very far from the child because of the piece that goes between the child's legs. Our daughter is on the smaller side but if I hold the button on the front of the tray in while I push the tray in, it slides up snugly to her stomach. Just make sure their behind is against the back of the seat and there shouldn't be any issues.

My only complaint and the only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is that the booster seat is 2 completely different pieces than what is needed to put the infant seat together. So until we have another child or until our nephew is old enough to use it, we have to find a place to store the pieces that you need to make the booster seat, and we are unfortunately short on storage space. If the booster seat simply attached to the bottom of the high chair frame or was part of the infant seat, this would be a perfect product..

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the Best Highchair out there!!!!, June 28, 2013
I will definitely be recommending this chair to all of my friends that are having babies! I have never written a review before, so sorry if I do a poor job. I just want people to know how much I love this highchair.

First off, it fits my 3month old daughter. I know they don’t eat solids at this age but it is so nice having her at the dinner table with us. It’s the only way she will let me eat a meal with the rest of the family. I also put her in it while I’m cleaning the kitchen, and because it has wheels I can roll her around to keep her close. Again, it’s the only way she will let me clean.

Secondly, this highchair will last my daughter all the way up till she can easily sit in a regular chair. I love any product that will last from 3 months till 5 years old!!

I could go on and on about all of the features that I like, but I will just let you read the description because I love all of them. Also, I encourage you to look up the YouTube videos for this high chair. I found them very helpful.

I will just put two negative comment, witch are really not that big of a deal. I wish they had done something different with the straps that buckle baby in. They are kind of cheap and complicated. They do their job, don’t get me wrong, I’ve just seen better. I also would have liked if they had added a girly color choice. This is my first girl and I am in love with buying girl things. I had a boy the first time around and bought lots of blue and boyish stuff.

All and All, Good Job Graco!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Versatile!, May 22, 2012
This review is from: Graco Blossom 4-in-1 Seating System, Vance (Baby Product)
Great highchair that will last a very long time. The different heights and tray options are the best I've seen after several stores and online reviews. Very happy with this purchase!

Graco Blossom 4-in-1 Seating System, Vance