5.0 out of 5 stars I thought he was crazy!
I thought my husband was crazy for wanting the most expensive high chair Babie's R Us had to offer. It's a high chair, right? We bought a decent Graco 11 years ago for #1, and used it for- what felt like -ever. After 11yrs and 3 (now 4) kiddos, the old Graco is long gone. But we have high-chair buying down to an art. The things we wanted:

--WHEELS on all legs...
Published 22 months ago by Michigan Reader

1.0 out of 5 stars I really wanted to love this chair.
I searched and searched for a chair with the features that I really wanted:

Easy to clean fabric
On 4 wheels and easy to move
Reclining
Leg post attached to the chair - not the tray

After finding and ordering this chair I realized as soon as I put it together that it had none of the features that I wanted and this is why...
Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars I thought he was crazy!, June 10, 2012
This review is from: Graco Blossom 4-in-1 Seating System, Vance (Baby Product)

--WHEELS on all legs. We neeeeeed to be able to roll it around. To kitchen, various sides of the dining table, breakfast bar, etc.
--Narrow wheel base (see above).
--BIG TRAY. What is with the dinky high chair trays on so many models?
--Ability to take baby in/out without taking the tray off entirely.
--One-handed tray operation.

I was leaning toward a less expensive brand (Chicco), until I tried to pull little bean from the seat and CRASH went the tray on the store floor. That and the cheap feel of the "arms" on the other brand (where the tray fits onto the chair) decided it for me. The Graco has everything we need. It rolls wonderfully, turns on a dime, can fit through the narrow spaces (doorways, b/w the table and the wall, etc.), has a good-sized tray that operates one-handed. So long as I'm a little careful I can get bean in and out without pulling the tray off entirely.

This model also has a number of things I didn't *need* but LOVE. The tray is not just one layer, not just two, but THREE. Take the top insert off and there's still a tray. Pull the big tray off (the release is under the tray) and there's still a smaller tray underneath. This is amazing! It can also be used as a booster so easily my 11yr old can detach/reattach it. Plus, the booster base and the back support make a wonderful booster in itself. Not to mention the child seat option. This has been fun for my tiny 6-yr old. I bought one high chair and ended up with a great high chair, plus a booster for a sibling.

The ONLY downside: the tray does not fit flush against baby's tummy, which leaves a gap for droppings. We use bibs with a front pocket, so this isn't a serious problem, though I do wish the tray fit more snugly. A baby in a thin diaper might fit better. Our little one has cloth-diaper-puffy-butt. All in all, the best, most durable high chair you're likely to find. Well worth the $$.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving this chair. Bought two!, January 16, 2013
Bruce Miller (Navarre, FL, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Graco Blossom 4-in-1 Seating System, Vance (Baby Product)
My wife and I bought one of these for our daughter's family for Christmas. Our son-in-law put it together right away (it was pretty easy) and our granddaughter used it for the first time at our house. It was such a good chair that they had barely taken it home when we ordered another to keep at our house so the baby would have one to use here too. With at least one more grandchild on the way we'll get plenty of use out of this combination high chair, booster seat and youth chair.
In addition to all of the great five- and four-star reviews I see the chair has also received a couple of one-star reviews. One said that the child can fall out of the seat “once you unstrap the harness.” I suppose a baby could fall out of the chair if it wasn't strapped in! Another made a similar comment and said their baby fell out of the chair because they thought it was locked when it wasn’t. That doesn’t sound like a design flaw with the chair either.
This thing has a harness like a jet fighter or a race car: it has five straps that come over the shoulders, around the sides, and up between the legs. The straps all come together and fasten at a central point over the baby's chest. It appears to function just like the system in the car seat that our kids use, and seems as safe as it could possibly be.
I have no idea how a baby could fall out of this chair (or even get out if it tried) as long as you kept it strapped in, which is the general idea, right?
My recommendation is to buy the chair and then remember which one of you is supposed to be the adult. Fasten the straps, lock the tray in, and accept some responsibility.
Bottom line: this is a great chair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, April 24, 2012
This review is from: Graco Blossom 4-in-1 Seating System, Vance (Baby Product)
My daughter loves sitting in this, she is so much happier than the highchair I previously bought her. It rolls around very easily, and I like that I can leave the snack tray attached and just put her in and then buckle her. The seat pad is very soft and easy to wipe down. Also, it comes with a booster that can be put on a dining room chair, so you are getting two seats in one. I think this is the perfect highchair! I added a few pictures so you can see the features.

1.0 out of 5 stars I really wanted to love this chair., January 13, 2014
I searched and searched for a chair with the features that I really wanted:

Easy to clean fabric
On 4 wheels and easy to move
Reclining
Leg post attached to the chair - not the tray

The fabric on the actual chair is a faux leather, easy to wipe down...but the insert on top is made of regular fabric and will have to be machine washed after each use to prevent staining. Also, the insert isn't attached to anything, just strung through the straps and stays back against the chair only when a child is sitting against it. Also needs to be readjusted every time you put baby in chair.

The front wheels on this chair do not swivel. Do not expect to be able to grab the front of the chair and move it around. It steers from the back only. We have a large kitchen and use the chair for baby to sit in while I cook, do dished, etc. Imagine a suitcase with wheels that do not swivel. You have to stand behind it and push in in front of you to steer. This chair is exactly like that.

Reclining feature. The back of this high chair reclines. By "the back" I mean ONLY the back portion. The seat does not recline with it. If you're planning to use it for a baby who does not sit independently yet, plan on them laying down rather than being reclined. Not at all practical to use as a feature to get them out easier - or IN, forget about it. Also, plan on leaving the tray on all the time if you're going to recline so the leg post (attached to the tray) can help keep them from sliding down the chair when it's reclined.

Which brings me to the tray. I knew the leg post was attached to the tray when I bought it, thinking it had the rest of what I wanted I was willing to give on that. But the way it reclines (they should call it a slide feature) broke me. When my 4 month old tried the reline without the stationary leg post I thought the straps would hurt his little man parts as he slid down the chair.

The child we purchased this chair for is our 5th child. I have had many years of experience with chairs and what I "need them to do" to be functional in our home. We ended up returning this chair and I bought the Chicco Polly Magic (a Babies R Us exclusive chair) - which reclines the whole seat including the part the supports the tushy, is faux leather on the chair and the insert, 4 wheels that all swivel, and an amazing tray that you can set on top and simply PUSH DOWN to attach. The new one we bought also has the post attached to the tray, but I can live with that because the entire seat reclines and I'm not relying on the post to help keep baby in place.

My suggestion (as a veteran mom) is to go see this chair, touch it, wheel it around, and really imagine yourself using it in your home (cleaning it, moving it, how baby will feel in it) before you buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, April 22, 2013
This review is from: Graco Blossom 4-in-1 Seating System, Vance (Baby Product)
This is perfect for my rambunctious 7 month old that likes to throw himself back when he doesn't have his way. The table attachment is great for east cleaning.

4.0 out of 5 stars like it but not objective, January 22, 2014
This review is from: Graco Blossom 4-in-1 Seating System, Vance (Baby Product)
We have to admit first that we've quickly become a Graco family. We chose this item more out of branding than truly looking at the specs first. It's expensive as are the other Graco items we've purchased, but hope that means they'll last. So far, we've appreciated all of the items--but then again, this is our first baby and we've yet to try anything else. The truth is we'll probably never know how it compares to any other brand.

If you're only considering the model (not the Antiquity pattern)
Cost:
$150 on Amazon.com Prime (tax + shipping)
$190 at Babies R Us (without tax)
$161.11 Babies R Us with a coupon

We started off with Antiquity pattern when our baby (first born) was born over 6 months ago so we are stuck on wanting the items to match. The Antiquity is exclusive to Babies R Us so we paid the $161.11. If you're looking to save bigger, just get it with Amazon Prime OR have Babies R Us match the non-Antiquity designs.

It's easy to put together. With a little common sense, you can do it without the directions. The only part we got stuck on was the foot rest. You have to push it harder than you think to snap it in.

Things we appreciate about it:
-Rolls around well (vinyl hardwood floors)
-Big tray
-Removable top tray which makes it easier to clean
-You can get your legs under the high chair when feeding (more comfortable feeding positions for the adult)
-Unisex
-The legs are separated by the tray rather than from the seat so it fits the baby's thighs well.
-Adjustable height

The truth:
-We don't use the straps for our baby's chest. They don't allow the best range of movement to reach for the food. It's more of a hassle to do.
-We wish the back cushion had more stability so it wouldn't shift so much when getting the baby in and out. We often have to adjust it once she's sitting. Not a big deal but it'd be great if there was even a little velcro on the back.
-We wish the tray pulled out a little further so the baby could be adjusted more easily without having to put the tray on the floor or against the wall. The baby's knees and leg get caught from time to time so we have to do the "one-arm hold, one-arm get the legs" deal.
-We wish the wheels locked better. The high chair still moves if the dog or little ones bumped the high chair. If the locks were like the Graco stroller, it'd be great.
-We wish it was easier to put away (like the Graco stroller)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome high chair, November 27, 2013
This review is from: Graco Blossom 4-in-1 Seating System, Vance (Baby Product)
I was reluctant to buy this high chair because I thought it was a bit expensive, certainly more than I wanted to spend on one but I went for it.
The base is metal making the chair sturdy but not overly heavy. It also has 3 separate trays.
The cover looks like some sort pleather and it's super easy to clean.
I'm so glad I chose this chair for my baby. It was worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great chair, everything we need, August 10, 2013
Jessica N. (Washington, DC, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Graco Blossom 4-in-1 Seating System, Vance (Baby Product)
After almost buying the Peg Perego (Siesta) we went with this Graco because it seemed easier to roll around and was a bit cheaper.

We roll this high chair around SO often that I am very glad we didn't get the Peg Perego which has two push buttons to release the wheels. You have to hold them down *while* rolling the chair. It's really hard to steer the seat, push two buttons and pull the chair towards you or push through a narrow door without jamming your hands.

The Graco turns on a dime, rolls easily on our thick carpet and is easy to make adjustments while your baby is in it. The tray locks in three different places. My 6 month old fits this chair perfectly and the tray comes all the way up to his diaper. It operates one handed so you can pull it back to a further lock position and pull your little guy out.

The leatherette and steel frame is very easy to clean when food drops onto it. No stains on our seat so far!

The height is a simple lever on each side of the seat that you depress and change the height of the seat.

There are three trays. One thin liner, one thick tray and one small but thick tray. The thin liner is great to pop off and wash while your baby is still playing. The smallest tray is good if you need to squeeze through a tight doorway (some older buildings, for instance).

The set up was easy. Most of it clicks together with locking pins. The seat cushion stretches on with a plastic hook and the footrest was very difficult to force into the slot. These two things seemed a little "cheap" compared to the rest of the high chair but should hold up fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't live without, March 26, 2012
This review is from: Graco Blossom 4-in-1 Seating System, Vance (Baby Product)
I purchased this high chair after using a friends high chair at their house for our little one. We have a six-month old and he started using it at around 4 months. It comes with a support insert for his neck which we used when he was first starting to sit up on his own. I LOVE all the options such as the one hand tray removal, the different inclines for the seat back, the ability to adjust height and those are just a few of the options. We also love the wheels which allows for me to move our son around to different parts of the kitche and dining room...the wheels even work well on carpet! I give this high chair the highest rating possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't hesitate--buy it!, December 6, 2013
This review is from: Graco Blossom 4-in-1 Seating System, Vance (Baby Product)
We bought this before our baby was born, and now she's 19 months old. It is so easy to use, excellently built, and even with daily use it still looks great. She's clearly comfortable, and the pieces are very easy. If you're hesitating on which high chair to buy (like I was way back when), I would highly recommend this chair. We even use the booster seat at other locations. Great set!

ARRAY(0x962758b8)