I thought my husband was crazy for wanting the most expensive high chair Babie's R Us had to offer. It's a high chair, right? We bought a decent Graco 11 years ago for #1, and used it for- what felt like -ever. After 11yrs and 3 (now 4) kiddos, the old Graco is long gone. But we have high-chair buying down to an art. The things we wanted:

--WHEELS on all legs. We neeeeeed to be able to roll it around. To kitchen, various sides of the dining table, breakfast bar, etc.
--Narrow wheel base (see above).
--BIG TRAY. What is with the dinky high chair trays on so many models?
--Ability to take baby in/out without taking the tray off entirely.
--One-handed tray operation.

I was leaning toward a less expensive brand (Chicco), until I tried to pull little bean from the seat and CRASH went the tray on the store floor. That and the cheap feel of the "arms" on the other brand (where the tray fits onto the chair) decided it for me. The Graco has everything we need. It rolls wonderfully, turns on a dime, can fit through the narrow spaces (doorways, b/w the table and the wall, etc.), has a good-sized tray that operates one-handed. So long as I'm a little careful I can get bean in and out without pulling the tray off entirely.

This model also has a number of things I didn't *need* but LOVE. The tray is not just one layer, not just two, but THREE. Take the top insert off and there's still a tray. Pull the big tray off (the release is under the tray) and there's still a smaller tray underneath. This is amazing! It can also be used as a booster so easily my 11yr old can detach/reattach it. Plus, the booster base and the back support make a wonderful booster in itself. Not to mention the child seat option. This has been fun for my tiny 6-yr old. I bought one high chair and ended up with a great high chair, plus a booster for a sibling.

The ONLY downside: the tray does not fit flush against baby's tummy, which leaves a gap for droppings. We use bibs with a front pocket, so this isn't a serious problem, though I do wish the tray fit more snugly. A baby in a thin diaper might fit better. Our little one has cloth-diaper-puffy-butt. All in all, the best, most durable high chair you're likely to find. Well worth the $$.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 16, 2013
My wife and I bought one of these for our daughter's family for Christmas. Our son-in-law put it together right away (it was pretty easy) and our granddaughter used it for the first time at our house. It was such a good chair that they had barely taken it home when we ordered another to keep at our house so the baby would have one to use here too. With at least one more grandchild on the way we'll get plenty of use out of this combination high chair, booster seat and youth chair.
In addition to all of the great five- and four-star reviews I see the chair has also received a couple of one-star reviews. One said that the child can fall out of the seat “once you unstrap the harness.” I suppose a baby could fall out of the chair if it wasn't strapped in! Another made a similar comment and said their baby fell out of the chair because they thought it was locked when it wasn’t. That doesn’t sound like a design flaw with the chair either.
This thing has a harness like a jet fighter or a race car: it has five straps that come over the shoulders, around the sides, and up between the legs. The straps all come together and fasten at a central point over the baby's chest. It appears to function just like the system in the car seat that our kids use, and seems as safe as it could possibly be.
I have no idea how a baby could fall out of this chair (or even get out if it tried) as long as you kept it strapped in, which is the general idea, right?
My recommendation is to buy the chair and then remember which one of you is supposed to be the adult. Fasten the straps, lock the tray in, and accept some responsibility.
Bottom line: this is a great chair.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 24, 2012
My daughter loves sitting in this, she is so much happier than the highchair I previously bought her. It rolls around very easily, and I like that I can leave the snack tray attached and just put her in and then buckle her. The seat pad is very soft and easy to wipe down. Also, it comes with a booster that can be put on a dining room chair, so you are getting two seats in one. I think this is the perfect highchair! I added a few pictures so you can see the features.
review image review image review image
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
My 11-month-old baby is well-supported and comfortable in the high chair. I like how supportive and padded the back and seat are, how easy the material is to wipe clean, and the 5-point harness works well to keep her secured. I also like how HUGE the tray is! Even though I didn't think I'd need such a thing, it's kind of handy how there are three levels of trays. If I get distracted after breakfast, and I don't notice that I forgot to clean the smashed bananas off the tray until I'm setting my baby up for lunch--no worries! I just remove the top layer to reveal a clean tray beneath. I've never used the bottom tray, but it is available (although smaller). The recline feature is super easy to use, even though my baby is too old to recline while eating.

I do have a little minor things that I wasn't expecting, though:

When deciding on which color to purchase, I didn't realize that the infant insert was the only source of color on the high chair (other than the plastic frame). If you don't need the infant insert, the back is a blah greyish white (in the Vance high chair color). It's rather institutional looking, and I seriously considered exchanging it for the other color. However, I've come to the conclusion that it's not worth the hassle, and plan to keep it because I like it overall.

The buckle release for the 5-point harness can be a little tricky. Sometimes, you push the button, and the harness easily releases. Other times, it seems to get stuck, and I have to push everything back together, and try again. Fortunately, I haven't had to get the baby out quickly when it gets stuck like that, but it's kind of annoying.

I may have missed this somewhere, but I thought this was an all-in-one high chair that could separate into a high chair and toddler booster seat. Just so you know, the toddler booster seat is not a part of this high chair, and has to be stored separately. If you read this review and I'm incorrect--you have found a way to store everything together in the high chair--please leave a comment! I just got home from Japan where there is a 16-hour time difference, and I'm rather jet-lagged. I could be missing something. :P

The last thing that will be a little annoying to work around when I have baby #2 is the infant insert. It is just a piece of material with a head support. There is no way to affix it to the back of the high chair. You simply thread the material for the shoulder strap of the 5-point harness through the holes on the insert, and the baby will hold the infant insert in place when buckles in. When you take the baby out, the infant insert will probably slump down a bit, making it a little more difficult to put the infant back the next time. Just a little FYI.

That's all for now. Overall, it's a good high chair. It's MUCH better than the cheap-o temporary high chair we bought while in Japan, so it was nice to have something sturdy and well-built waiting for us when we got home!
on September 11, 2014
We've had our highchair for a couple of weeks now and have loved it! We love all of the different sized trays and how the chair height is adjustable. It's easy to clean and our little one year old loves to sit in it. We also love that it can be wheeled around. Even though the highchair is on the larger size, we've been able to use it in our small house just fine and is totally worth every penny!
on May 18, 2014
Love everything about the chair but the top tray apparently should NOT be put in dishwasher even though manual says it can. It warped and will no longer fit on the other trays. I did contact Graco directly but no word yet.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 27, 2013
My husband picked out this high chair because he liked that it we would only have to buy one item and it would last for the entire time our daughter needed it. He also liked that it was versatile enough that we could have both an infant and a toddler and they could both use the different parts of the chair at the same time. (You can use the infant seat and the toddler booster at the same time because they use different parts). This is really going to come in handy when our nephew comes to visit since he will be about 8 months younger than our daughter.

At the moment we are using only the infant seat for our 4 month old daughter. We use it in the reclined position to bottle feed her dinner and in the upright position so she can watch as we make dinner or sit at the table with us as we eat. It has been great for getting her used to the idea of being at the table and I am hoping it will make the transition to solid foods easier because she knows it means food.

Other reviewers have mentioned that the tray is very far from the child because of the piece that goes between the child's legs. Our daughter is on the smaller side but if I hold the button on the front of the tray in while I push the tray in, it slides up snugly to her stomach. Just make sure their behind is against the back of the seat and there shouldn't be any issues.

My only complaint and the only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is that the booster seat is 2 completely different pieces than what is needed to put the infant seat together. So until we have another child or until our nephew is old enough to use it, we have to find a place to store the pieces that you need to make the booster seat, and we are unfortunately short on storage space. If the booster seat simply attached to the bottom of the high chair frame or was part of the infant seat, this would be a perfect product..
on May 8, 2015
Affet a few days of having it we realized the seat and tray lean forward quite a bit. Contacted Graco and never got a response so we exchanged it with Amazon. The second one was the exact same. His food was rolling away from him. We even used a level on our floor to make sure it was actually the high chair.

Also, although you can wipe off the cover you cannot throw it in the washer. So food stuck in the cracks and crevices are NOT easy to get out.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 2, 2013
I almost spent almost as much $ for a cheaper highchair, so glad I didnt! The 4 wheels alone make this well worth the price. Other chairs had 2 or no wheels. I enjoy the fact that I can put baby while I'm working in the kitchen and can roll him to other rooms in our place. I thought it would take up a lot of space b/c we live in a small apt but its fine. I got it on sale and wth an additional % off so it was well worth the $!
on June 12, 2014
For an expensive high chair this chair just has too many things I am unhappy with.
- In the recline position, the straps are not user-friendly at all. This made for a very unhappy baby while I struggled with the straps, which made feeding even more difficult. I find that in the upright position this is no longer a problem.
- The safety bar between the legs is attached to the tray, so if you want to put the baby in without the tray on you must make sure you hold the baby securely while getting the straps together. This is scarier than strapping a baby into e.g. a car seat which is lower to the ground and which holds the baby in while you do the buckling.
- As per the care instructions, I put the removable trap on the top rack of my dishwasher. It came out bent out of shape and no longer rests flush against the tray below it.
To Graco's credit, they are sending me a new tray free of charge. However, I've had a mixed experience with Graco customer service-- when I submitted a question online about the high chair (over two months prior to writing this review), I received an automated response addressing a completely different question. I never received any follow up addressing the question I sent them. If they cannot respond to individual emails/online queries, they ought not to offer that option.
Considering how much I spent on this high chair I will not be purchasing a different one to replace it. However, if you are in the market for a high chair and are willing to spend this much, think twice before choosing the Graco Blossom.