5.0 out of 5 stars 4 month old LOVES it
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:55 Mins
Our son had just turned 4 months old when we taped him in his beloved jumper. He loves to jump around in circles and burn off some energy. Word of advice, make sure you have at least a 1 inch clearing above your door frame to be able to install. We did not and had to build a ledge to mount ours on between rooms.
Published on February 26, 2010 by Sarah

3.0 out of 5 stars Kind of fun, but has some problems
The item was very easy to set up. The clamp shuts over the doorway fine. The teethers and rattles get some attention from the baby. The musical footpad is a nice addition; it did get our baby to respond to the sounds, half of the time.
My wife and I saw 3 issues after we bought this, put it together and had our baby in it.
1). Our baby came close to hitting...
Published on June 2, 2010 by Trey

5.0 out of 5 stars 4 month old LOVES it, February 26, 2010
This review is from: Graco Jump N Jive Doorway Jumper with Interactive Musical Mat (Baby Product)
Length:: 0:55 Mins

3.0 out of 5 stars Kind of fun, but has some problems, June 2, 2010
1). Our baby came close to hitting their head on the side of the doorway. Our doorway isn't narrow but it isn't very wide either.
2). Our baby had their right hand gripped over the edge of the plastic tray and got it mashed a bit, between the plastic and the side of the doorway.
3). The footpad responds well to the baby's stepping and jumping, but it did not stay in place on hard wood floors; the footpad slid off every couple of minutes. However, when we tried the footpad in another room that had carpeting, it didn't slip nearly as much.

*Also, although the clamp worked on the doorway, I still kind of wished it had some sort of lock on it, that would lock the clamp TIGHTLY over the doorway. (As opposed to it just being a pressure clamp.)

Over all, it might be ok for smaller babies, with constant supervision. Larger babies that still fall under the 25lb limit might experience the problems our baby had with it.

NOTE: There have been some websites and books (Baby Bargains) that have labeled any Baby Jumper a danger to babies. Unfortunately, I think my wife and I will return this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars read for HEIGHT adjustment!, October 3, 2011
Sarah (NEW MILFORD, CT, US) - See all my reviews
To help out all future buyers and people who are annoyed after purchasing:

THE CORD IS NOT TOO SHORT! Here's how to fix it:

I recently posted a few nasty reviews on different sites saying that the cord on this product was too short. What I didn't realize was that in the manual, there's a second instruction other than moving that darn clip down.

On PAGE 10 of the USER MANUAL, there are directions to shorten the cord even more than what you think is the maximum. You pull the small loop at the bottom of the clip all the way through and you can shorten it to your desired height. I didn't realize that the clip would still hold it with it looped around like that, but if you try it, you'll realize the product really is worth a 5 star rating.

The only complaint I had before was the fact that it hung too low, but after reading the instructions closer, I realized that there was an easy fix to this. I had overlooked that page again and again for days thinking that it was self explanatory. Clearly, it was not.

I hope that this review helps others who bought this product and were furious when they realized their babies were too tall! I know that I would've appreciated someone to explain how to raise the seat! Page 10 of the manual, guys! Page 10!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Possible hazard, July 22, 2012
I loved this jumper when we got it for my first son. It was stored dry and clean, and I got it out for my second baby this year. He played in it fine for a few days. A few days ago though, I walked down the hall, turned around and saw him covered in what looked like blue ink - his hands, his face, all through his mouth, and he started screaming. He was inconsolable for a while afterwards, unlike he has ever been. I wiped off everything I could with water, but I couldn't get all of the ink or dye off of the tray. The Graco label on the front of the tray started to "run." I don't know how else to explain it, but the blue dye just started spreading all over the place.

I contacted poison control and they want me to do an at home lead test. I have tried contacting Graco multiple times, both by phone and online, and they haven't responded in 3 days.

I would be very careful about using this product if you are at all concerned about what your baby is ingesting. I hope Graco will respond to me and tell me what happened and what my baby was exposed to. I'm appalled that they don't take something like this more seriously.

5.0 out of 5 stars Graco Jump N Jive, January 1, 2012
My sons both love this. My first son used it until he was about 15mths old and my second son is currently 11 mths and still LOVING it. I usually place it in the doorway to their playroom, which is a standard size doorway. Neither of them have ever been hurt in any way and they could stay in this thing FOREVER. They absolutely love it. My first son is now two and constantly jealous that he can't get in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby Loves this!!!, November 12, 2009
One of the best things that we ever got for our son. Plays cute music that is started by your baby jumping on the music pad. comes with some toys that can be taken off the sides.
It is adjustable in length. My son loves to get in this thing and bounce as high as he can, and spin.

1.0 out of 5 stars INK LABEL SMEARS BLUE INK ONTO TRAY & BABY!!!!, August 15, 2012
Rachel D. (Massachusetts, USA) - See all my reviews
My son loves this jumper, but I was absolutely appalled to find blue ink smearing onto the tray from the Graco label printed on the product (label is printed on the front of the tray, well within arms reach for a child who uses the surface for his/her arms.) We have central air in our home, so the product was not stored/exposed to extreme heat prior to use or during. My son, 6 months old, had BLUE INK all over his hands and mouth from the label bleeding. Upon google searching the issue, I found that others had also experienced the same problem and that GRACO WAS NOT RESPONDING TO THEM WITH THEIR CONCERNS. This is very alarming to me, as in this day and age, there is NO EXCUSE for this. How was this overlooked, especially since it is the brand name being printed on the product -- you would think Graco would take better care when branding their items with their name. Disgusting and truly sad, as otherwise, it is a great product and my son has loved it. Makes me wonder what else could be in this product that is not safe for my child to be putting his mouth on and playing with.

4.0 out of 5 stars More than just a doorway jumper, January 21, 2010
Ultraviolet (Charlotte NC USA) - See all my reviews
We've got a big girl. At 6 months she's 22lbs and 28". So I was a little concerned about the ability to raise this jumper high enough for her (and the fact that she will outgrow it at a 25lb. weight limit, but it seems all jumpers have that limit.) That's the first reason this jumper got 4 stars. The double-doorway we want to use it in -- our office, we both work from home -- is the shortest doorway in the house, and there's a limit on how tight you can make the jumper strap to raise it up. In that doorway, it's just too close to the ground for our tall girl. I wish there were a way to make the straps even shorter.

However, in most of the other doorways in the house, it works well. Keep in mind if it's not a very wide doorway, the kid has to bounce directly up and down to really make this thing work without hitting the sides. That said, the tray on the front keeps them from bumping their little noggin into the door jamb pretty well.

It seems very sturdy, and there's a safety mechanism in it so that heaven forbid the spring should break, it will catch and not drop your progeny on the ground. My kid also likes to chew on the attached toys while she bounces, which gives her a bit of a demented look, but that just makes it amusing for all of us!

I like the fact that the musical mat can be used as just a mat without the bouncer so when she does reach that 25lb limit, this toy will still have some functionality. However, the second reason this jumper only got 4 stars is that the mat is made of a crinkly material, so while she's bouncing, it's going "crunch crunch crunch." Because it's crinkly, it also tends to get small creases in it from the molding strip on the floor in between rooms. And lastly it can "compose" only three songs, so the music gets a little old (but I find that to be a problem with any musical toy.)

Overall my daughter really enjoys it, and seems to have a lot of fun in it, and that's the important part. If it weren't for the few minor design flaws, this product would be 5 stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT FOR WIDE TRIM DOORWAYS, April 16, 2011
We were so disappointed to discover this does not fit any of the doorways in our house. We have classic colonial trim and moulding and the clamp is not big enough to fit over it. Sadly, the description does not say anything about minimum or maximum dimensions and I can't find another model with any info to let us know it will or won't fit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bouncing Baby Boy!, June 4, 2012
I love this jumper and so does my son. The seat is just the perfect depth for him to reach the toys and tray. Other jumpers I have used are so deep that my very tall 6 month old could barely see over the top and would get his arms pinned. This one is fantastic and the music is fun for him too!

Rate and Discover Movies