Graco Contempo Highchair, Rittenhouse (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Plastic, Polyester
- No assembly required ready to use out of the box
- Soft infant head support keeps baby comfortable
- Premium padded leatherette seat pad wipes clean
- Dishwasher safe, pull out tray insert for quick, easy clean up
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
- Compact, flat fold fits in your closet
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
What I like:
1) The print blends nicely with our kitchen decor.
2) I love that there are two chair pads and I can wash them on gentle cycle in cold water and air dry. They come out beautifully. Being able to take the pad off allows for me to clean in all the underside nooks and crannies where things like cheerios hide. Another review I read said that it is hard to clean but I disagree. Taking the pads off is not intuitive but when the directions are followed to a T it is surprisingly easy. We lost our instruction manual but I was able to print a new one from the GRACO webpage so I can refresh my memory if I need to.
3) This really does fold fairly flat - much needed for our small space. We were even able to fold it and put it in our van and take it to our in-laws for the holidays last year.
4) We can pull this chair right up to our kitchen table when the tray isn't attached and our little guy loves being at the table with everybody.
5) There have been complaints about the straps. I haven't had problems with the straps - they've been fine.
What I didn't like:
1) Our baby's arm kept getting caught between the chair and the top of the leg rests. He was never hurt - it just startled both of us! There are other reviews describing this same problem. We resolved it my rolling up a receiving blanket and putting it in the space. Now that he is bigger - just turned one - it is no longer an issue for him. However, it should not have been an issue at all in the first place. This issue is why I gave the chair four stars instead of five. If Graco could fix this design flaw this would be an outstanding high chair.
My son was first in this chair when he was 4 months old and he's a very tall almost 4 year old now. We've used it in the last few months when we couldn't handle the constant ants in the pants that a 3 year old not restrained at the dinner table routine anymore and while he looks goofy in it (he's 45" tall) it still contained him perfectly. It does fold up and stow away nicely and my favorite feature by far has always been the 2nd tray. It's easy to dismantle and clean, the rollers on the legs have never failed and no one has ever had fingers or other appendages pinched in any part of the chair.
I learned quickly that it's important to be able to do a lot of tasks one-handed (with a turbo-charged toddler slung in the other arm), and while this chair isn't exactly "easy" to deploy one-handed, it's entirely possible. It's possible to:
- pull it out from whatever nook it is stored in, due to it not being overly heavy
- open the legs using one hand and one foot (there are two "releases that need to be squeezed -- normally a two-handed maneuver -- but standing behind the chair, with one foot on the crossbar to apply rearward pressure, the left release, then the right, can be squeezed to separately to get it open
- the two tray support arms can be opened one side at a time, clicked into place. These you'll need to familiarize yourself with; if you're just feeling around for them, they are easily missed
- At this point, the chair is ready to receive a kid
The harness is a no-frills, unpadded, 5-strap affair. The crotch strap tends to get stuck under the plastic tray stay that prevents kids from slipping through underneath; with some practice, it's possible to wiggle this clip out without removing the child or collapsing anything. Each shoulder belt connector needs to be slid on to the associated lap belt clip before that side can be clipped in to the crotch strap. Once in position, lacking any sort of chest strap, it's easy for a squirmy kid to wiggle out of the shoulder harnesses unless everything is cinched down like a car seat.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've used it with my son since 2011 and now my daughter and chair keeps in great shape. I might need to buy a new cover but I believe this chair was well built and has kept fine!Published 1 month ago by Charlie's Mom
This Highchair is beautiful and very functional. I highly recommend!Published 10 months ago by cndrla
Love this highchair. East to wash, set up, nice design and easy to put away.Published 14 months ago by Melissa
I got this highchair for my granddaughter and using it now for my grandson it really great highchair the brown is really sharp great looking in the house. Read morePublished 21 months ago by cassandra g newman
My little one has been using this chair for more than 2 years now and it has held up very well. Although it did take me more than 6 months to figure out that I could take the... Read morePublished 22 months ago by T Warren
We have been using this high chair for my daughter for over a year and it's served us really well. It folds up really flat, which is great for our NYC apartment. Read morePublished 23 months ago by JG
Great chair, no assembly, easy to use. Solid construction, easy to keep clean and several recline/adjustment options. Great for the price. Read morePublished on November 16, 2013 by M. Disher
This is fabulous we have bought others in the past and none has lived up to our expectations other than this and I would recommend to anyone
GREAT VALUE !