ok. i have a 2 and a half year old and a 6 month old. i have a BOB duallie for the beach, parks, and walks, but have been looking at double strollers for stores. when i saw this one i knew it was the best option for now and in a year.

Published on February 10, 2012 by morganbaby

3.0 out of 5 stars Returned this product, too many things we didn't like!
Let me start by saying I LOVE Graco products. They have lasted so long, and are made with quality materials. I wanted to love this stroller. My daughters LOVED this stroller. It just didn't work for me. The two main reasons it didn't work were size, and the fact that my husband and I BOTH kicked the board where the child sat when we walked. Here is my opinion on it:...
Published 21 months ago by T. Bailey

4.0 out of 5 stars best option for children close in age, a few drawbacks though ***update***, February 10, 2012
This review is from: Graco Ready2Grow Classic Connect LX Stroller, Metropolis (Baby Product)

assembly is ok, not difficult but not super easy. after i assembled it, it really seemed like they could have done it for us and just packed it in a bigger box. but, nothing is that easy. the only part i struggled with was the standing platform, you have to snap it on upside down and pull it through. it was just odd.

it is like 95% plastic pieces. i'm guessing they will be durable enough, but the wheels, the seats, the platform all snap on to other plastic pieces. i just hope it lasts for the other children we will be having in the next few years.

**update** ok first chicco carseat do NOT fit in facing you. but you can slide it in sideways. the baby can see you if they turn their head. and it sat deep enough, that i felt comfortable for a quick trip in to the store.

right now my older son rides up front and my baby sit in the "bucket seat". both love their position. my older child gets to see everything and my baby seems comfortable staring at me. if he wants he can see other people to the side or behind me. he also is more willing to sit in the bucket seat for longer than he ever sat in our chicco carseat travel system. i just think he has more room.

it is very difficut to get to the basket with a child in the front seat and the bucket seat attached. so i figured out that i need to put everything in the basket first and then the kids in. it is easier to keep everything loose in the basket, rather than trying to get into a bag when both kids are in.

overall...PROS
assembly simple
drives nicely, can even steer using one hand if needed
folds easily
confortable seats
easy to adjust

overall...CONS
very, very long when folded [we have a new explorer and it has to go in diagonal, no way it would fit in a small trunk]
many, many plastic pieces [will it affect durablity?]
strong chemical smell when taken out of box [it does go away, i'm assuming all the plastic]

ok and for my biggest CON. they have a 5 point harness on front seat and bucket. however, the shoulder straps easily detach from the lap belt, allowing the shoulder pads to fall off when folding. i have almost lost them several times, had i not looked down. if this didn't happen i would probably give this stroller 5 stars.

***i have switched to using it for the baby up front and my almost 3 year old sitting or standing. both love their new option, my 9 month old is content to sit and watch, and my older can hop on to stand or sit.
the shoulder pad issue is just obnoxious, that i took both off and have resolved to it taking a tad longer to attach all 4 disconnected parts to the crotch strap.

3.0 out of 5 stars Returned this product, too many things we didn't like!, October 11, 2012

Pros:
*So incredibly easy to steer, even one handed. Just as easy as the BOB double jogger!
*Has a really cool jumpseat that can be removed, so that a baby or little one can face you in the back! Great feature. My daughters LOVED this.
*Stays standing up when you fold it up. Such a nice feature.
*Front tray swivels for easy entrance for the child.
*Comes in some really cute colors, which I LOVE!
*The front seat reclines completely, which is so nice for an infant or a sleeping child. There is still room for the child in the back when the front seat is reclined, which is awesome.
*The two sunshades are great, they really protect both the kids.
*It has a decent size basket!

Cons:
*I wasn't prepared for how HUGE this stroller was. I felt like I was pushing a bus it is so long!
*A MAJOR con, was that my husband and I both kicked the board in the back where the child stands when we walked. We both had to walk leaning forward in order for this to not happen. This is why we returned it.My husband is 6'2" and I am 5'5".
*Another major con is that it is HUGE folded. It barely fit in the back of my Ford Expedition! You can remove the trays and the shades, but who has time to do that with two or more little ones!
* The basket it really only accessible from the top, behind the seats. It is hard to get to things when kids are in it and hard to fit stuff in there.
*The parent tray is pretty silly. The idea is great but doesn't work. The cup holder swivels out but is so shallow that my drinks were always spilling or falling out! The tray barely held my cell phone and was within easy reach of my toddler.
*The brake is huge, and my toddler kept kicking it and accidentally stopping us since it is right under their feet and just one long bar.

Comparisons:
*Graco Room for 2 (we bought this and LOVE IT!). This stroller is great! It isn't kicked when we walk, the basket is accessed from the side and is pretty big, the parent tray is much better, has two cup holders that are deep, and a nice space for a cell phone, it is almost the size of a single stroller folded up,and it feels so much lighter. The only cons are that it doesn't stand when folded, and isn't quite as easy to steer as the ready 2 grow (although easy enough!). It also doesn't come in the cute colors like the ready to grow, but that isn't very important to me. My girls LOVE this stroller too, and so do we.

*Bob double jogging stroller, revolution (older version from 2009)- I have a love hate relationship with this stroller. It is an amazing stroller for jogging or even walking. I love so many things about it! The child seats are really comfortable and can recline flat, there is a peek a boo window on the sunshades to check on the kids, the sunshades are HUGE!, it steers so easily and pushes so easily that you don't notice the weight, the front wheel can either swivel or stay still, it comes in cool color choices. However, the things I don't like about this stroller make me not use it often. It. Is. GIANT! I can hardly lift it in and out of my car! It doesn't latch shut, so it is really hard to lift. There is no parent tray included, and the one you can buy is pretty lame. You have to buy kid trays separate. The stroller and accessories are so expensive!!!!! The basket underneath is really little, suprisingly, considering how giant this stroller is. We have small sidewalks where we live, and if someone is walking towards us, we either have to move to the street or they do. It is really big, did I mention?

*Babytrend sit and stands (I don't own but tried out at the store)- these are nice strollers, that fold pretty small. I only tested them, but my impression was that they are made really cheap. They felt flimsy and the seats were kind of hard! They are not inexpensive either. I would go with the Graco.

*Phil and Ted (don't own it, just tried it)- these things are cool because they really are the size of a single, and are SO incredibly easy to steer. My problem is the weight, the basket size is tiny, there is no parent or child tray, the sunshade isn't huge, and the poor kid in the back is practically riding on the floor and can't see anything. My three and a half year old is pretty small, and sitting in the back seat made her look like a giant! She wasn't comfortable back there!

3.0 out of 5 stars would be good with some changes on the front seat, January 8, 2012
I have used this alot in the 2 weeks I've had it..I have a tall 2 1/2 year old (37 in)and a 4 week old newborn. I got this one in hopes that my 2 yr old would be able to fit and lay comfortably in the front seat...

Quick overview from my opinion-

*much smaller when opened then any double stroller I have seen, big when folded though (barely fits in the back of our jeep patriot)VERY heavy and although it locks when folded in order to roll it in the folded position you have to go to the other end it will not roll in both directions.

*Front seat is VERY shallow my 3 yr old can hardly keep her butt in it! and she is VERY skinny,also when she lays to take a nap (while baby carrier is in front) we have to basically stuff her head in it to fit and then her hair gets stuck in the velcro from the front seat..

*drives/steers very easily,

* needs another cup holder for adults

* you can not access the parents tray if you are using a infant carrier in front?

All these little thing you think they would have addressed? ANYWAYS..kinda bummed my daughter will not be comfy in it as she still naps in the stroller thats why I got this one and not a normal sit-n-stand..DEFINITLY need to make front seat deeper! AND have more room when front seat is reclined so the child doesn't have to squish their head to the side and get their hair stuck in the velcro! :( don't think this will be good until my daughter doesnt nap anymore and its converted to a sit and stand but that defeats the purpose of purchasing this one!?

1.0 out of 5 stars Front Wheels Critical Flaw, October 25, 2013
Was excited about this stroller. After getting it assembled I went for a walk with it and found an extreme problem with the front wheels. The front wheels vibrate side to side once you go at a normal to moderate pace. Having a partial engineering background I examined the wheels to see what the problem could be. I noticed that the connection between the front wheels and the stroller (they just snap onto the pin) was wiggly. The pin should not move because it should be almost exactly the same size as the hole to allow it to insert and snap maintaining a snug and stable connection and then only allowing it to rotate. What appeared to be happening was the wiggle would cause the double wheel assembly for each front wheel to take turns being the wheel touching the ground which caused it to drag behind and as it turned the other wheel would touch the ground and repeat the cycle in a constructive interference. The only way to stop the vibration was to slow down to a very slow walk. If you continued or went faster the vibrations would get worse to the point that the stroller would slow down or almost stop because the wheels started to go sideways. The problem is less with glossy floors, they still move side to side but less obvious. On sidewalks, parking lots (places you want to be able to get out of the way of cars faster) and other textured surfaces that would grip the tires the vibration is unacceptable and dangerous. Saw this was a problem for other people on the Graco website so I returned it. Went back to the old one seater graco stroller until I find a replacement. Not going to try the smaller Graco sit-n-stand because I think the wheels might be manufactured the same way.

Collapsing the stroller requires the front seat adjusted all the way loose like for an laying/inclined position so there is enough give in it to collapse or the buttoned strap will come off.

Also the size is huge but I was able to fit it into the trunk of a Honda Fit as long as I took off the tray for the front seat and the sun visors.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome double stroller, December 31, 2011
Just got this stroller yesterday and so far it has been awesome, especially at Disneyland today!

I have a tall 3 year old and a 1 year old.

Pros:
Multiple seating combos work great. I have the 3 year old in front and the 1 year old in the raised seat facing me.
Food trays are wonderful
Much smaller then the typical double stroller
Easy to push
Lots of storage
Both kids were able to fall asleep in the seats at the same time
Easy to put together

Cons:
Folding has been sticky but I am hoping it gets easier
Heavy ( but all doubles are)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stroller - "compact" for a double!, March 22, 2012
This is the only double stroller that fits in the trunk of a Prius ... really, we measured every one in Babies R Us. It is easy to assemble and both kids love it. Excellent product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Length of FOLDED stroller: measurements. *update*, July 19, 2013
Melissa Harris (Nashville, TN United States) - See all my reviews
I have looked through a few reviews and while many people said "it's long when folded", I didn't see one that actually said HOW long. I took my tape measure to Target and it is approximately 51" when folded. It (barely) fits in the back of my Highlander but that is why I measured it first and that was the only possible drawback I had to it.

PROS:
**I find the stroller to be pretty light (considering it's a DOUBLE STROLLER).
**It folds MUCH more easily than our first nightmare Graco single stroller, which was abandoned in the parking lot of a local children's museum when my husband finally got so frustrated with the opening and closing mechanism and couldn't fold it to get it into the SUV (he didn't use it much by himself so he didn't know all the silly little tricks I had up my sleeve to close it up).
**I didn't find the brake to be problematic at all. I am 5'1 and my husband is 6', and neither of us even got close to kicking the brake pedal and stopping the stroller mid-stride unless we did some silly gazelle-like running through the store.
**I LOVE that the front snack tray opens up - on either side! - so that toddler can just climb right into the stroller himself instead of me picking him up and putting him in it.

CONS:
**Update: I took my toddler to Target to see how he fits and rides in this stroller. I had seen a couple of other reviews saying that the front seat is too shallow for a child over 18 months or so.. Totally correct!! I have NO idea why Graco made this seat so shallow, and couldn't even have angled it down just an inch or two so that it's more like a bucket seat and less like he's going to slide right out of the stroller! Even the crotch part of the 5-point harness is installed so far back in the seat, it's like 5" of room for the kid's body. The seat is just OK for him right now, but I can't imagine it being comfortable much longer. I'm not spending $200 on something that will last us less than 6 months. If you have the money to waste, knock yourself out, but we buy things to last!
This issue was a dealbreaker. We'll have to find another stroller.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best double for the money, March 6, 2013
Alison S (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
I have been meaning to write this review since we bought the stroller 6 months ago, so at this point we've had lots of time to use the stroller and develop likes/dislikes. We'd done a lot of research, and decided that we wanted a front/back double instead of a side by side, because we're using it primarily to walk to & from daycare, and a wide stroller won't fit through their doors. The trade off here is that it doesn't have the nice, cushiony tires that some of the side by sides have. The ride on this stroller is fine, but whenever I'm using our single stroller (baby jogger city mini), I'm always amazed by how much smoother the ride is. I'm sure our kids don't notice, but if we hit a major bump in the sidewalk, you do have to strategically approach it to make sure you can get over it.
Other things - yes, it's big and heavy, but this we expected. It's a double stroller - what more could you expect? We have a Honda Pilot, and to fit it in the car (which we don't do often), you definitely have to have the 3rd row down, and then fit it in kind of diagonally. So, if you have a smaller car/trunk, this might not be the best choice for you. The one hand fold is pretty good, though.
Our kids were 27 months & 3 months when we bought, and we've used in lots of different configurations. Our toddler is on the tall side, and the front seat is kind of shallow. More shallow than what you would have in a single. I'm sure this is to allow the additional seating, but it means her legs really dangle out. If her feet are on the footrest, her knees are up real high. It doesn't seem to bother her, but I think it looks uncomfortable. At this point, 6 months later, she prefers the sit and stand seat in back, so it's really no longer an issue. The jump seat in back has been good, although I wish there were a way to store it someplace in the basket of the stroller or something. When our toddler was riding in front, sometimes she would change her mind and want to stand on the back. This meant we had to take the baby seat off the jump seat, move it to the front seat, and then take the jump seat off so that our toddler could stand there. But then you're left with a loose jump seat and no place to put it. I either ended up balancing it on top of the baby's car seat (not safe, I'm sure), or carrying it, but it's awkward to carry, and means you only have one hand to push the stroller. And this stroller is heavy enough that you (or at least me) definitely need two hands to push.
Those are the big things we've learned. I would definitely still buy it again, and recommend it to others, especially given how much less expensive it is then other doubles. Oh. One last thing. The drink holder is kind of useless. It's really shallow, so unless your cup is really short, your drink will fall over. Definitely not a deal breaker, but my husband complains about it all the time ;) The snack trays are good, though, and the basket is large, although difficult to access from some of the configurations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Double for Your Buck!, May 17, 2014
I read a lot of reviews on doubles, because I was afraid of having to drive a limo around with two kids in it. However, this one really fits the bill. A lot of reviewers said it's just a beast, and that it's too big. Well, let me tell you something. It's made to hold two kids, it's a double stroller. It's going to be a beast. But, it's not THAT much bigger than a single stroller, so I'm pleased. Also, yeah, folded up, it's pretty big. Again, I'm not sure what else you would expect from a double stroller, unless you get a side by side umbrella. It folds one-handed, and (this one's a biggie) it STEERS one-handed! I was expecting something like those stupid car carts at the grocery store, you know, the ones that you have to make 5-point turns with? No, this drives like a dream. I also love that I can put my kinds in it some many different ways. I have an almost 2 year old and a baby coming in July. The 2 year old fits just fine in the front with the car seat in the back, or he can even sit in the jump seat while the car seat sits in the front. It's wonderful. I love this thing, and it's exactly what I was looking for in a double stroller! Highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars One year later and I still love it, only written a couple reviews ever, February 4, 2014
I love my stroller so much almost one year later I had to come back and review it. My son is now three and daughter 1. Son still fits perfect in front and baby loves her "jumpseat" in back. Its smaller than many doubles. I get lots of compliments on it. I have ford edge. Fits perfectly in the back with snack trays and shades always on, with room for my single umbrella and a few groceries as well.
There is ample room for storing my giant diaper bag and other stuff underneath. I just have to ask my son to lean forward a bit to get whole bag out, otherwise I just reach my hand through. I can fit a small grocery run in there easily.
We haven't used sit or stand rear seat because my son still likes being in the front. The front seat is a bit shallow than a traditional stroller but never been an issue at all. My son is normal height and weight and will be in there I bet for at least 6 more months. As far as jumpseat in the back not reclining, I put my daughter in at 3 months old and if she fell asleep with her head cocked, I would tuck a spare shirt or jacket under it. Not an issue as she got older.
As far as people saying the wheels wobble...... They only wobble if you are running. Like the stroller is trying to figure out the terrain and running just is too much for it. Fast walking is fine! We live in key west and the old streets and sidewalks give this stroller a workout and it does awesome!!!! Can't recommend it enough unless your a runner. I looked at reviews for hours before buying this stroller, its great, you won't be disappointed. Oh and folds up super easy. I'm 5'2 and petite, little heavy to get in car but I do it all day long no problem!

Rate and Discover Movies