4.0 out of 5 stars KimberlyH
We have been using this play yard for the last 4 months and it has some great positives but also some negatives.
PROS
1. We love the bassinet feature.
2. Love the vibration option. It helped our son fall back asleep quickly after late night feedings and diaper changes.
3. Diaper Changer is fantastic!
4. The fabric is gender neutral. We have...
Published on June 5, 2009 by KimberlyH

3.0 out of 5 stars Love the look not as happy with construction
Pros: We love the look of this bassinet. It is quite large but blends in nicely in our living room. The extra features are great. The diaper holder and changing table are an excellent idea and we use it downstairs in our home instead of dragging the baby up and down to do a change. The vibration and music are a nice effect as well.

Cons: The vibration unit...
Published on April 21, 2011 by Naghtalie Rachelle Shipley

4.0 out of 5 stars KimberlyH, June 5, 2009
PROS
1. We love the bassinet feature.
3. Diaper Changer is fantastic!
4. The fabric is gender neutral. We have gotten several compliments on it and are glad we selected this particular pattern.

CONS
1. The bag only holds the playard and mattress. The diaper changer, and other items don't fit. It makes for a lot to travel with. Since our son is still young it would be wonderful if it was easier to take everything.
2. We have never used the canopy. I wish instead of the canopy it had a mobile. Our son would have enjoyed that more.

Overall this is a wonderful item and will get several years of use.

3.0 out of 5 stars Love the look not as happy with construction, April 21, 2011

Cons: The vibration unit seems to have trouble working unless you lift up the mattress and jiggle it. This is VERY frustrating when you are trying to get a sleepy baby down. It worked just fine to begin with so I'm not sure if all units have this problem or not.

I wish the "cup holders" were a little bigger, you can throw some small essentials in them but not blankets or anything large. Also the wipes case is great for a FEW wipes. We leave it stocked with some in case but mostly just use a large container placed in the bassinet for everyday use.

Lastly, I wish it had a moving mobile the way some Graco bassinets have, its not essential but would be a bonus with the other features.

Overall the look and use of it as a secondary system is wonderful.

4.0 out of 5 stars For what you pay, it's pretty much the best, December 5, 2010
It took a while to find a deal like this, a variety of things in one package, and in a style we could stand. We found this in another store at first and fell in love with it, then discovered apparently everyone else did as well because we couldn't find it -anywhere-. Thankfully we found it here and for a good price before the baby arrived.

It's honestly great and not too complicated... after you assemble it the first time that is. Once it's put together fully you can fold it up and take it apart with ease, after once or twice lol.

It's sturdy and holds our daughter well. She doesn't need the playpen part yet so I can't vouch for it yet, but the bassinet and changer are fantastic. The diaper changing has been made loads easier, though we did discover a need to be careful about putting things underneath her as sometimes when we change her she'll decides to pee just as we take off her old diaper. Thus, the urine can get into the cracks and slide down the poles beneath it.

Don't expect much from the bears on top - not that I did since they looked pretty stationary. They're cute but unless you want to constantly push them back and forth for you baby, it'll be pretty static.

I highly recommend this for anyone since, while it's not the -best- thing out there, it does what it was made for really well.

Edit: 4/30/12

After having it for over a year now, I figured I'd update this review. My daughter is now a year and a half and is too big to use it as anything other than a playpen, but I'll review what happened over the the year.

First off, don't expect to use this (other than as a playpen) for more than one child. The changer part tends to accumulate things in areas you wouldn't expect (and we are thorough cleaners) and it isn't meant to hold much weight. We threw it out because it seemed too flimsy to be safe after some months. It was great for the first few months, but it didn't last too long.

The bassinet was great and still is. Lasted a long time and could probably still be used for our next one.

The Playard/playpen (whatever you prefer to call it) is great. However, don't expect to move it around much. It's fairly, usually, easy to collapse and move, but it can be one of the biggest pains to set back up. Some parts just will not snap back together, no matter how hard to struggle with it (and I'm a pretty strong guy). You'll play with it until it finally randomly snaps or you do. There's been a few times where it just mysteriously sets ups quickly, but at least 75% of the time it's a fight.

I'd get it again, but I did take off a star for how hard it is to set up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nearly perfect, September 19, 2011
1. The way you put the canopy up is with velcro tabs that don't stay well and are very loud. It looks cute and I thought it would be helpful to provide some more shade, but we hardly ever used it. With the diaper changer on, it is impossible to lift baby if you also have the canopy up. We would have gotten more use out of the mobile.
2. Diaper changer is great. Wish it had the larger bag for diapers that the older models had.
3. The storage bag does not hold the bassinett or changing table. Makes storage cumbersome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, June 22, 2011
I bought this Pack N Play as a suggestion from my sister who has one of the more common and less expensive pack n plays. She saw this one and liked it much better and I now know why. I have used both ones for my little one who is now 11 weeks. I use mine as his primary sleeping place b/c our room is up and his is down. Anyway, when I took a trip to FL a friend was very generous to lend me hers which is the less expensive one. Well I really did not like the changing table part, it was flimsy and bent under his weight...he was 6 wks at the time and weighed about 8-9 lbs. The changing part was also much lower which was weird b/c it was so close to the bed part (when it's elevated for infant sleeping) and made it seem like you didn't want to stick your baby underneath it...hard to explain. Anyway, I love this pack n play and highly recommend it! PS Babies R Us does not sell this model even though it can be added to your registry...so weird I know, so order it here, it will be shipped free to your house in 2 days and cheaper than the BRU listed price anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars This was the most useful thing I bought for my son., December 21, 2011
As a first time mom I had NO IDEA what I needed to buy for my son. I didn't want to go overboard and stuck to the very basics. However, this Pack 'N' Play was the one thing I splurged on. It ended up being the best thing I bought!

I literally used it every day until he was about 13 months old. It served as an entire nursery on the first floor of the house, and in our new house during the moving process. It was so convenient to have everything you needed in one spot. The diaper holder, a bit of storage and a space to safely play and sleep. Not to mention how cute the design is!

It was very easy to set up. It only took me about 5 mins to figure out how to assemble and dissemble it. I love that it folds up so tightly and easily. It was very convenient to be able to throw it in the car whenever I needed to.

I would recommend that everyone should have one of these.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great pattern, but some flaws, November 15, 2011
I did not purchase this bassinet through Amazon but through another online retailer. I have used it for my first child and am planning on using it for baby #2. The pattern (Rittenhouse) is beautiful and that is the main reason I chose it over all of the others. Plus it's neutral and would work for either a girl or a boy. It was hard to find at the time, sold out mostly everywhere, or they did not carry this particular print anymore. Only way to buy it was online. Ok so if I remember correctly, the small bag on the side that is supposed to hold diapers/wipes kept falling off and I never was able to use it. It attached with velcro but even if I put a minimal amount of diapers in it, it would detach and I would find it on the floor. I eventually took it off and never used it. I used the top of the changer to hold a few diapers and a box of wipes. The other thing I remember is that the changing pad is quite cold(its like a vinyl material so that it is easy to clean) but I am going to buy a sheet/cover for it this time around so baby is more comfy. I did use the canopy at first, it had 3 little teddy bears hanging from it, but I found it rather useless and wish that it had a mobile. I ended up taking that off as well. This time around I am going to purchase the Tiny Love 3 in 1 mobile. It's different from a regular crib mobile in that it attaches to most all play yards, strollers, car seats, and cribs. I never used the vibration mechanism because it is underneath the mattress and hard to get to. The musical device on the side of the mobile is ok, didn't really use it much though. The actual mattress is pretty thin, almost like cardboard. When my daughter was younger this wasn't a big problem, but when she was older we were using the bassinet as a bed in our room and she never slept well. I always thought that it was due to the hard thin mattress. This time around I am going to use it as a bed as well and am going to purchase the play yard mattress topper by mamadoo. They sell it on Amazon and it is completely safe to use. It will make the bassinet much more comfortable and it folds up so you can take it with you when you travel. Come to think of it, I don't think I ever used the changing station on this bassinet. It is removable, so this time around I think I would rather have a separate changing table/station but for those of you that do not have the space, this is a great option. Another great feature is that it folds up well and even in a small apartment, I have not had a problem storing it. It has been in a closet for the past year without taking up too much space. All in all, this is a beautiful design with a few minor flaws but it does the job.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great starter product for baby., August 17, 2011
I absolutely loved this pack and play, which we mainly purchased to use as a bassinet for our baby. First off, it's roomy, without being too hot for baby (the mesh sides are very breathable, and the pad felt nice and comfortable. We used the canopy pretty regularly to help keep light out of our baby's eyes when she would sleep. The vibrating feature was nice, particularly because the unit also played music, nature sounds, and had a light as well (perfect for those late night diaper changes).

The changer is sturdy, and I was able to open it one handed. It is a good height, I am 5"5, and had no problems lifting/lowering her onto it. The pouches were great for smaller items, like baby power, diaper paste, and the occasional bottle. It also has a space for wipes and diapers underneath.

My only complaint is that when you pack it up for travel, only the pack and play parts will fit into the graco bag. If you want to travel and use the bassinet/changer features, you will have to carry those separate, and they do not break down very well.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but not completely functional changing table, April 17, 2011
Love the look of it and is pretty practical. The only downside is that the changing table never lays completely flat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Bassinet, May 6, 2012
I did a lot of research before purchasing a pack n play/bassinet. My older son slept in bed with us, and I really wanted to avoid that this time, yet I am more comfortable having my children in the room with me when they are infants. With my son, we borrowed a bassinet, which he outgrow quickly and never liked. I ultimately went with this one because of the design and extra features and I am glad I did. My daughter loves the vibration feature and nature sounds. I found the changing table very handy for the first few weeks with the constant changes. I have had no problems with it whatsoever. I read some reviews that complained about the diaper stacker not holding up and the wipes drying out, but I have not had these issues. I always fill up the diaper stacker and refill the wipes holder. My daughter doesn't have a nursery (we will give her our older son's nursery and move him to another room when she is about 6 months), but this pack n play has everything that we've needed. I am also glad I chose it over a traditional bassinet, as my daughter is tall and she would likely have already outgrown a traditional bassinet, but we can keep her in the bassinet part of the pack n play until 6 months (she is almost 3 months and only 11 lbs). I also love how it looks in our room....it blends in well and looks more sophisticated than other pack n plays. The canopy feature has also come in handy and we've had no problems with it, as there is a TV mounted on the wall behind her pack n play and the canopy shades her from the light of the TV. We also sometimes throw a light receiving a blanket over the canopy to provide a little more darkness. Having such a function pack n play has made keeping our daughter in our room and not in our bed easy and convenient. I had no issues putting it together at all. It has made night-nursing very easy as with it pushed up against the bed, I am able to reach over and get my daughter out of it to nurse without even having to get out of bed. I also like that once we are down using the bassinet part, we can use it as a pack n play and playard.

Graco Silhouette Pack 'N Play Playard, Carlisle