Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $25.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Graco SmartSeat All-in-One Car Seat, Rosin
- Plastic, Metal
- Rear-facing in a harness from 5-40 pounds, forward facing in a harness from 20-65 pounds; Then as a belt-positioning booster from 30-100 pounds
- Convenient, stay-in-car base with belt lock off for one time install (LATCH equipped)
- Steel-reinforced frame and car seat base provides strength and durability
- Indicators on seat and stay-in-car base help ensure proper installation
- Integrated harness storage compartment hold the harness straps that are not in use while in the belt positioning booster mode
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Graco SmartSeat All-in-One Car Seat
Graco’s top-rated Smart Seat All-in-One car seat could be the only car seat you’ll ever need. It helps keep your child secure in a 5-point harness, from a small 5 lbs. all the way up to 40 lbs. When your child is ready, it easily transitions to a forward-facing seat, for a child from 20 – 65 lbs. in a harness. Finally, it converts to a belt-positioning booster for children from 30 – 100 lbs. It’s like having three terrific car seats, in one!
Safety Features Galore
At the heart of it all, Smart Seat is designed to help keep your growing child safe. This seat is steel reinforced for strength and durability, has been engineered and crash tested to meet or exceed standards, including:
- U.S. Compliance Standard FMVSS 213
- New Car Assessment Program (NCAP) – peak Crash Force approximately 2x Car Seat Standard
- Extreme Car Interior Temperatures
It also features EPS energy absorbing foam for effective impact energy management.
Five Star Rated
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has recognized Graco’s Smart Seat with the highest government rating for Ease of Use in all Modes. All car seats rated by NHTSA meet Federal Safety Standards and strict crash performance standards. While all rated seats are safe, they do differ in their ease of use in four basic categories: evaluation of instructions, vehicle installation features, evaluation of labels and securing the child. The Smart Seat from Graco received a five star rating in this evaluation.
Lock It Up
Once the base is installed, you want to know that the Smart Seat is locked in securely to the base. Graco has taken the guesswork out of this process by adding seat-to-base locking indicators, which help to ensure that the car seat is properly secured to the base.
As your child grows and doesn’t need to ride with a harness, Smart Seat has a convenient, integrated harness storage compartment. It holds the harness straps when you’re not using them, when Smart Seat is in the belt-positioning booster mode.
To make sure your child is riding at just the right angle, Smart Seat includes an easy-to-read level indicator on the seat. It really eliminates installation guesswork for you, mom!
One-Hand Adjustable Headrest & Harness
When it comes to attaining a proper fit in your car seat (essential to protecting your child), it’s important that the headrest and harness are in the right position. The Smart Seat features a one-hand height adjustable head rest and harness, which requires no rethreading—a feature experienced moms love. This way, it’s simple and easy for you to adjust the harness and headrest for a proper fit for your child. Plus, the headrest adjusts to six different heights, which accommodates your child—from baby to “bigger kid.”
Smart Seat features an “on-the-go” five-position recline, so that you can recline your child while he / she is in the seat. It’s a great convenience feature busy moms will love.
Clean ups are easy with Smart Seat: the seat cushion is machine-washable and the metal and plastic parts may be cleaned with mild soap and water.
Shades of Gray (& Black)
The soft Rosin fashion has a finely patterned gray, accented by textured black and plush, solid taupe and white. It’s a terrific, go-with-anything, gender-neutral pattern for little boys or girls.
- Integrated harness storage compartment holds the harness straps that are not in use while in the belt positioning booster mode
- Easy-to-read level indicator on the seat, helps eliminate installation guesswork
- No Re-thread harness for quick & easy harness adjustment
- One-hand, 6 position adjustable head rest for your growing child
- On-the go, 5-position recline so you can recline child while in use
- EPS, energy absorbing foam liner
- Flip-up armrests makes it easy for child to get in & out of car seat
- Child's cup holder keeps child's drink close by
Age / Weight Recommendations
- Designed to accommodate children from 5 – 100 lbs. and from 27 – 57 inches
- 5 – 40 lbs., rear-facing, with 5-point harness
- 20 – 65 lbs., forward-facing with a harness
- 30 – 100 lbs., forward-facing as a belt-positioning booster
The flip-up armrests are comfy for your child as he / she grows, and since they “flip-away,” it makes it easy to get baby in and out of the seat (without having to lift your child up and over). Plus, the integrated cup holder is an added feature kids of all ages really appreciate.
The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that children remain in a booster until they are at least 4 feet 9 inches tall.
It’s a Smart Base
Proper installation is key for the safety of your seat, and with the Smart Base it’s easy to get it just right. This ingenious stay-in-car base is LATCH-equipped and includes a belt lock-off for easiest installation, so you’ll just install it once for years of use. After all, busy moms love things that are easy and safe.
Strong & Durable
For extra strength, safety and durability, the Smart Seat features a steel-reinforced car seat frame. So you’ll feel good about your child riding in Smart Seat for years.
Top Customer Reviews
- Nice material design with good fabrics
- Plenty of cushioning
- Removable for use in multiple cars
- Easy installation (installing the base instead of the seat makes maneuvering and tightening the straps a whole lot easier than other convertibles). The leveling bubble also makes MUCH more sense than other brand's "make sure this line is parallel with the ground".
- Comfortable recline angle and head support that prevents head slumping while sleeping
- Wings aren't huge. Our daughter really likes to look out the window and the head wings don't block the view like the Britax.
- Incredibly heavy. I'd rather have features and safety than lightweight, but this does become an issue when swapping between cars - which is the purpose of this seat. My wife could not lift it comfortably.
- Very wide. We have a full-size CUV and have had other car seats set up on the 40-side of the 60/40 split middle row so that we could still fold down the 60-side. With this seat in place, we could no longer lower the other side of the seats - making our 3rd row seats unusable. There was also a large amount of extra hip room that I don't see her growing into - suggesting that the seat is wider than it needs to be.
- Huge front-to-back length when rear-facing.Read more ›
Its extremely easy to install and transport between different vehicles because of the base. Its on the heavy side for carseats but thats not a big deal for me as I dont carry it around on a daily basis ;) Everything is extremely easy to adjust and use.
The 2 things I think they need to fix are the humungo thick harness covers that are required in the rear facing position, then not allowed in the forward facing position. They have thick foam in them so it makes it tough to get the straps tight like they need to be. My daughter and I both prefer the using strap covers and wouldnt be able to when she switches to forward facing :( How about we just get normal thickness pads like the My Ride 65 has so they can be used in both positions??
The 2nd thing I couldnt get over is how reclined the seat has to be in the rear facing position. Its great for newborns and infants with no head control to be at the 45 degree recline, but older rear facing riders may not like being so reclined. That was the case with my daughter and the biggest reason why I returned the seat. If I put the seat in a more upright position it make the level indicator bubble fall outside of the "okay" area, which Graco says not to do. It was very confusing to me as to why they would make a seat with so many recline positions but you can only use 1 or 2 and have the seat be at an ok angle.Read more ›
1. All car seats have the same safety rating. They are strictly controlled by government. If installed and used correctly, all car seats will protect your child equally well in an accident.
2. I have installed hundreds of car seats as a firefighter/paramedic. People would stop by the fire station daily to have their car seats "checked". I can recall only one seat that was installed correctly when they arrived at the fire station. It usually took two firefighters to correctly install the car seats.
3. All of the car seats that were installed by the owners were too loose in the car. The car seat should not move at all when installed correctly. When you try to shake the car seat, the entire vehicle should shake. If not, it is too loose and will not provide optimal protection for your child. (You should seen the faces of the people with BMW's and Mercedes with leather seats! Sorry, but would you rather protect your seats or your child?)
4. The straps should be tight as well. The straps should go over the shoulders and insert just below the shoulders if rear facing. (Btw-The AAP recommends rear facing until age 2 or when the child exceeds the rear facing capacity of the specific car seat.) If forward facing, they should go over the shoulders and insert slightly above the shoulders.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Fast shipping, great product, only complaint is that's it's heavyPublished 8 days ago by Ryan Bebout
Quite heavy and large, but I feel very confident in the safety it provides for my son. This is definitely not your "carry with you" infant seat. Read morePublished 14 days ago by WyoKate
This thing is huge!! Like need an SUV or van, huge. I do love it just be aware of its size before you buy. Definitely appears it would protect my LOPublished 16 days ago by Amazon Customer
I am buying this again, as my baby and husband were rear ended in a prius by a large uhaul. The fact that my baby came out without a scratch, will speak volumes for the safety of... Read morePublished 17 days ago by heatherwalker
LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! It is a bit heavy when switching between cars. But for the 1 time a week it's worth it. She is comfortable.. Read morePublished 25 days ago by samantha thunder
Love this transitional car seat. My son loves it to and he looks so comfortable when he's riding. My only issue is how ridiculously heavy it is. And the fact it requires a base. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Sarah E Young
I have had this car seat for nearly 3 years. I have really liked it with the exception of it being a little bulky to change from vehicle to vehicle. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
I love this seat and so does my baby girl! My only issue is its reaaaally bigPublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer