5.0 out of 5 stars Safe and cozy ride for your little one
Published 8 months ago by Jreader

3.0 out of 5 stars Graco is great, but don't get this infant seat!
I love Graco. I am a mom to 5 kids. I always buy Graco. I bought this seat and assumed that all Graco's were equal. It is a good car seat, but it is missing a few bells and whistles that I had with my last Graco infant seat that I LOVED.

Published 12 months ago by L. Jenson

3.0 out of 5 stars Graco is great, but don't get this infant seat!, April 25, 2013
This review is from: Graco SnugRide Classic Connect Infant Car Seat, Pasadena (Baby Product)

First, there is no way to adjust the straps from the front. You have to adjust from the back side of the carseat. My other Graco had a strap and a button that you could push from the top/front. So if you stick your baby in and she has a sweater on, there's no way to make a quick adjustment of the straps. You have to pull her all the way out, flip the car seat over, and then pull more strap out. It is a pain!! Get the model that has the ability to do that! Well worth the extra money.

Second, the shade has elastic to hook onto the back part of the chair. My very first Graco from 10 years ago had this, and I was excited when my 2nd Graco had improved this feature - I thought all of the car seats would have had this improvement done. NOT SO! So here's the deal: if the sun is coming in on the baby from an angle that is not behind her or on top of her (if it is coming more from her feet), you can't pull the shade that way to block it. Because the elastic part isn't hard, when you pull it downward, it just hangs in the baby's face... That's probably fine when you're outside and you can just turn the seat away from the sun, but when you're driving, you're stuck!!! Again, get the next model. I promise, this is one of the more frustrating things about this car seat. I wish I would've realized this.

In conclusion, this carseat is an okay, BASIC car seat. I do love Graco and will always buy Graco. BUT, this car seat is lacking 2 features that are sooo very useful and essential in the day to day functionality of a good infant seat. I WISH I would've known before I bought this. I would've looked further and spent a little more money to get the improved version.

2.0 out of 5 stars I can't believe they still make them this way, November 4, 2013
I was very disappointed when we first attempted to put our new baby in the car seat and realized that you can not adjust the straps from the front. We almost had to turn it upside down to get them to adjust to the correct position. With previous car seats for my other children we were constantly readjusting the straps to get the baby in and out and to adjust for different thicknesses of clothing. We have already bought a new car seat to replace this after only 4 uses due to the lack of convenience.

Pros: very cute pattern and good material quality, light weight

Cons: harnesses are not adjustable from the front and very hard to adjust from the back ***deal breaker for me***

2.0 out of 5 stars Get the adjustable strap in front, July 9, 2013
I like Graco, it's a trusted brand and has a lot of compatible equipment. I got this car seat for my baby shower and when I had the CHP check out my installation (everyone should, its free. 9 our of 10 carseats are not installed correctly or being used properly) they pointed out that the seat belt straps adjustments is only located in the back. Having them only in the back makes it difficult to adjust and just a general pain because you are supposed to loosen and tighten the straps every time you take your child in and out. I ended up returning the carseat (no hassle) and getting the SnugRide Classic Oasis model that has the adjustments both in the front and back. It's $10 extra and it will make it a lot easier to adjust.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible., May 3, 2012
I thought the other reviewers were being whiny; I had a Graco Snugride 22 for my first kid (a hand me down) and only bought a new one because it expired. I liked that Snugride just fine (it is a 2005 model). I bought this new snugride 22 without much research at all, because I knew I liked the old one. I was wrong about the other reviewers! The fabric is very loud (my old snugride had soft fabric). The canopy cannot be lowered to cover the front of the seat, if the baby's face is in the sun from other than the "default" position, because it only stays "up" when the back is around the back of the seat (my old snugride was adjustable to the front position). And worst of all - the straps tighten independently, from the BACK of the seat. That is - the left strap tightens separately from the right strap. You have to do them one first, then the other. And you can't do them when you're sitting in the front of the seat; you have to turn the seat around. Then you can't see what's going on in front (baby side of the seat) as you do it. So you have to go back and forth, back and forth, multiple times. And it is practically impossible to make the straps tight enough. We asked for a return label for this car seat the day we received it. A ridiculously difficult to use product; why did they ruin a good seat with these changed, I have no idea. We are instead going to try the Evenflo Serenade, which we just received today and which looks PERFECT in every way. Hope it works out perfectly, because we love the Evenflo Triumph for our older kid.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great seat with inconvenient strap tightener, March 5, 2012
This is our second Snugride. Our first - which we loved and used for both our daughters - was purchased in 2005, and was pink. When we had a boy, we decided to get a new seat that would be compatible with our already-owned Snugride bases. One improvement over our old one is the extra position for the adjustable carry handle - we can get the baby in and out of the seat without moving the carry handle out of the way. Unfortunately, the strap tighteners are a problem. Not only are they difficult to access for adjustment to the strap length when baby's clothing is heavier or lighter, they also loosen and tighten unexpectedly with baby's movement, making the seat potentially unsafe if he wiggles too much while fighting being buckled in. I find myself having to adjust the straps numerous times in a day. We will be moving our little one to a Britax Marathon as soon as the weather is warm enough to do without a heavy coat.

1.0 out of 5 stars Listen to the bad reviews - Don't buy this one!, July 7, 2013
I ignored the reviews about the poor strap adjustment design on this car seat. We had a Snugride for our first child, so I figured this one would be the same. It isn't! The straps adjust from the back. HORRIBLE!! Other Snugrides are fine, and still adjust in the front. Make sure you get that kind. This is one of only 2 products we have ever returned on Amazon, and we are power Prime users;-)

3.0 out of 5 stars Missing IMPORTANT feature!!, September 10, 2012
I thought I did my research about the difference between this seat and the more expensive models. The reviews all said the only difference is the weight limit. NOT SO!! You cannot adjust the straps from the front. It's a big inconvenience. Not worth the savings.

1.0 out of 5 stars Scratchy loud fabric, January 7, 2012
J & M (Boulder, USA) - See all my reviews
I was so disappointed in the fabric of this car seat that we returned it immediately. It was so loud and scratchy and can only be described as really cheap and synthetic. I can't imagine a baby ever falling asleep in this chair easily - I imagine it to be like going to sleep in crumpled paper! Pity though, cause the design of the fabric and the colors are cute.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst straps ever!!!!!, October 3, 2013
We bought this carseat because our previous Graco Sungride had expired. It was for our 3rd child. I would have returned it, except that our 2 boys decided to cut and turn the box into a "ship," before we were able to notice that you adjust the straps BEHIND the seat. Who ever thought this was a good idea, has obviously never had a child. In the description of this seat, it states that you loosen and tighten the straps in front, between the childs legs. That was how our previous carseat was, which I was fine with. It is such a pain in the butt, and I have almost flipped the seat a few times while trying to tighten or loosen the straps. DO NOT BUY THIS CARSEAT!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Safe and cozy ride for your little one, August 18, 2013
The Graco Sungride Classic Connect Infant car seat is a great car seat loaded with comfort, durability and safety. I had an older snugride for my oldest boy and the base worked in this one as well. The colors are neutral so this can be used for a boy or a girl. It is easy to carry and uses the LATCH system for superior safety. this car seat is only adjustable from behind.

ARRAY(0x952a5540)