5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have for Graco SnugRide
Published on July 1, 2005 by S. Wu

3.0 out of 5 stars Gets the job done but not great
There are several pros and cons to this stroller system

Pros:
-Not as bulky as a travel system. You don't look like you're pushing a yacht around the park.
-Folds up nice and flat. Have no problem fitting it in the trunk.
-Absolutely HUGE basket. You could really go nuts at the mall and not fill this thing up.

Cons:
-There are...
Published on October 7, 2007 by C. Gruber

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have for Graco SnugRide, July 1, 2005
S. Wu (Everywhere) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Graco SnugRider Infant Car Seat Stroller Frame (Baby Product)
I did a lot of research on infant car seat strollers and was a bit disillusioned by the two that were out there (the Kolcraft Universal and the Snap-N-Go). Reviews for both items showed concerns in using them with a Graco SnugRide (which was my carseat of choice). While some parents mentioned that they both worked great with their SnugRide car seat, there were just as many that had concerns that the strollers didn't fit that model of car seat well and worried of the two popping apart. Examining both of them up close, I could understand why there might be mixed reviews considering all the minor adjustments you have to tweak depending on which car seat you are using.
I guess this Graco stroller recently came out because I hadn't seen it before, but as soon as I did, I purchased it. I was amazed by how easy it was to put together. You really don't need the instruction manual to figure it out, and each of the parts fit together with a very satisfying snap that lets you know that part isn't going anywhere. And when attaching the car seat, there are several places where it gets latched into place so you know the seat won't be popping out either.
We've used this stroller with our newborn and it is amazing. A week after a C-section, I was able to break it down and throw it into the trunk of our car myself (although carrying the carseat with baby inside was another story). At first I thought the latch that holds the stroller together when it is all folded up seemed a bit flimsy, but I haven't had any problems with it at all. I also like the fact that you can lock the front wheels into a straight forward position when you are traveling across bumpy pavement. I use this feature often since the sidewalks near where I live are not very even. I also love the extra large basket underneath. Although it is a bit more in cost, I believe this stroller is definitely worth it for the peace of mind. (Please note: this stroller only works with a Graco SnugRide)

5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTELY A MUST-HAVE ITEM, February 14, 2006
Kathryn Y. White (Northeastern Ohio) - See all my reviews
While I was pregnant I must have spent hours mulling over what car seat and stroller we were going to select for our baby registry. I ended up choosing the Windsor Snug Ride and the Windsor stroller. Both have excellent safety ratings and they look GORGEOUS. I love them. However, the stroller is pretty darn HUGE. It is fantastic but just too big for quick jaunts into the bookstore or local starbucks. My windsor stroller is like a PRODUCTION.

I (like many women) ended up having a c-section. Lifting my huge stroller out of the car just wasn't happening. Our big beautiful stroller is now in our van to use with my husband for major events.

THEN I FOUND THE SNUGRIDER CAR FRAME. It should be called FREEDOM IN YOUR TRUNK. It's a wonderful contraption and I am going to tell you exactly why:

1. It's VERY light. I lift it easily with one hand.

2. It fits easily in a small trunk. I drive a Mazda 626 and I fit the frame AND still have room.

3. It pops open easily -- important when it's raining or your baby is howling.

4. It is MADE for the snugride and also fits the new saferide. It is EXTREMELY secure. I didn't feel the same about the Snap-n-Go when I tested it at the store. I like that this is made for the car seat I use.

5. It has a nice large basket. (and I can access it even with the babyseat inside of it.)

6. It has a cup holder. Okay, it is a little small -- but it easily holds a medium and we shouldn't drink so much soda pop anyhow.

7. It is small and fits fantastically through tight store aisles and spaces.

8. It has locks for the front wheels in case you don't want them to swivel. It is easy to handle.

9. It collapses with great ease... sort of like a folding chair but has safety features built in to keep it from endangering your baby.

This seat has given me so much freedom. It is nothing to whip it out and take the baby anywhere. I even have used it in cafes and coffeeshops to hold the carrier rather than using their slings or the booth. It's so small that it's welcome everywhere and sure saves my back from constantly carrying the carrier.

I love it so much that I am sure to buy the saferider rather than the convertible seat I was going to buy for the next stage. While lugging thirty pounds seems impossible... it is easily done with this fantastic contraption.

I can't say enough good things about this product. It truly is a must-have for me. It has given me so much freedom back.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, September 6, 2005
Gianna's Mama (Westchester, New York) - See all my reviews
We have the Laura Ashley travel system and while I love the stroller, it's heavy as all get out to lift in and out of the car. When you are just running into CVS or doing a quick errand with the baby in tow, it's really nice to just pop the car seat into the SnugRider frame and go. The SnugRider is light, it folds easily and it's perfect for a quick transport or even an all day shopping affair! (Please don't ever risk putting your car seat into a department or grocery store shopping cart!!!) I was able to put it together in about 8 minutes. At first the carseat got stuck on the frame and wouldn't release easily by simply pressing in the red release handle - I actually had to disengage the release clasp manually and the seat came out fine. I think this was because the padding on the bars that you rest the seat on was so thick when we first got it, it needed some breaking in and now we have no problem removing it with the normal release. What's also nice is that the handle bar is height adjustable. I'm 5'8 and when the handle is extended in the highest position it's heaven to push. My mom is only 5'2 and ususally sets the handle in the semi bent position and it's heaven for her. It rides smoothly and it's much sturdier and alot more attractive than the Snap and Go and similar models. So, even if you don't have a Graco car seat, the SnugRider frame will accept any carseat just fine. Definitely worth the extra money if you have it to spend!

5.0 out of 5 stars ONLY for a ***SnugRide***, July 11, 2005
I just had my second baby in February... My other son is about 23 months old. I purchased a Graco SnugRide, to find that the only strollers like this one manufactured were the Snap-n-go (SNG) and the Universal Infant Holder (UIH).

I purchased the SNG, knowing that the Graco wouldnt fit properly. Well about 2 months ago I was walking with my son in the carrier (and in the SNG) and my other son was "holding onto the stroller". I am not sure how he did this, but my nearly 2 year old knocked the SNG out of place. I didnt even realize until we went off a curb and the carrier popped out! I was so angry, that a toddler could un-attach the carrier without even trying!

I went back the BRU to find that Graco came out with its own stroller frame, meant only for the Graco Infant Carriers. Luckily BRU accepted my return, and I was able to recieve the Graco model. I LOVE it. First of all you do have to assemble it, sort of like the SNG and UIH, but its much easier and safer. I am not worried that I put it together incorrectly either, since there's only one way to do it. My SnugRide also fits in easier, and sturdier! I loved that the carrier wouldnt wobble around when the stroller was used, and that it was like having a whole Graco Travel System! The handlebars have a cup holder, and a compartment for keys and stuff like that, which is useful. I also love the large and spacious basket! Its easily accessible, and VERY strong! The wheels are Graco quality, and very strong. They dont rattle, or "roll on nothing" like the SNG did. I also love that it folds with one hand! At first it was "sticky", but I believe its from the minimal use it had received... Now I can fold it compactly, and it fits well into the trunk of my Jeep Liberty! I also believe that its the lightest stroller Graco provides, and since I was only going to use a single stroller for a few months (before I transition to a double) I wasn't looking for an extravagant system. I was even able to attach the stroller platform, so a child could stand! All in all an amazing stroller.

I recently purchased a double stroller, for when my son can no longer use the Graco. I will miss the convenience, and lightweight frame, but I have an expecting mother waiting for her turn to use the Graco SnugRider Infant Car seat Frame!

3.0 out of 5 stars Gets the job done but not great, October 7, 2007
There are several pros and cons to this stroller system

Pros:
-Folds up nice and flat. Have no problem fitting it in the trunk.

Cons:
-There are no shocks on the wheels. When my sleeping baby goes over rough terrain, she often startles and then wakes up.
-As my husband says, it handles like a truck. You have to think ahead when steering because this thing turns on a frisbee, not a dime.
-Cup holders are useless. About the only thing that would fit in it is a small coffee and the warning label says not to put anything hot in it.

All in all, if I had to do it again, I'd buy a lightweight travel system and look like a small yacht strolling around the park because then at least when my baby outgrew this model, I'd have a functional stroller that handles well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works but has certain shortcomings, April 1, 2011
We bought this stroller frame to use with the Snugride 35 car seat for our new grandchild. While the combination does result in a working stroller, it is not for everyone, particularly people who live in big cities and spend most of their time walking rather than driving. Here is what you need to consider.

1. My daughter lives in Manhattan and uses the Bugaboo Cameleon stroller (I have reviewed it on Amazon) which is an amazing luxury stroller that easily navigates any surface and absorbs the bumps. By contrast, this stroller frame is very bare bones, every little bump is felt, and it is simply not as easy to steer and maneuver as the Bugaboo. Therefore, it is not a good choice as the primary stroller if you live in a big city.

2. However, my daughter also owns this stroller, which she uses when she goes visiting by car because unlike the Bugaboo, it folds and unfolds in seconds, is very easy to put in the car, and takes up little room. She also uses it for restaurants in the city that will permit strollers only if they are folded up. In short, she does not do a lot of walking around with this stroller.

3. If you live in the suburbs where people drive rather than walk to most places, this stroller frame is great because it is so quick and easy to transport and set up. If you don't do a lot of walking with it, then it is satisfactory. However, if you are going to do lots of walking, keep in mind that your child will feel every little bump (which is not harmful, but may be enough to wake up a sleeping infant). And you yourself will have a little more difficulty than with other strollers in maneuvering uneven sidewalks, curbs, and paths in a park. Snow and ice will be even more difficult.

Bottom line: For city use, I recommend this only as a secondary stroller for travel out of the city or for trips to local restaurants or stores that require folders to be folded. For suburban use, I recommend this if easy transportation and easy setup are important, and you confine most of your walking to smooth streets and sidewalks and park paths, and don't plan to use this outside when it is snowy or icy.

While the Bugaboo Cameleon is a luxury model, this stroller is the economy model, which may be all that you need. Just consider where and how you are going to use the stroller before making your purchase decision. Also, there are lots of models in between the Bugaboo and this model to be considered if you want to avoid the expense and travel inconvenience of the Bugaboo, but want something that is not so barebones as this stroller.

For our needs in the suburbs, this stroller works fine because it is just to take our grandchild to a local park that has smooth walking paths, or to walk around our neighborhood that has smooth sidewalks, or to go in the car to local stores and restaurants. In short, we are not going to do lots of walking around, and minimal walking on bumpy, uneven, snowy, or icy surfaces.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you thank you thank you Graco!, July 12, 2005
We just had a baby, and have a Graco car seat, we got a Snap N Go, and it just plain did not work, there was a manufacture defect that did not allow me to set the snap bar in the first position, returned it for a second, same problem, before I took it back was doing some research on Babys R Us website and saw this. I got in my car, and took the snap n junk back to BRU and they had one more of these left. VERY easy to put together, snap on the wheels, the cup holders, and that's it. Love the adjustable handle, so my wife and I can both use it at different heights. Also love the fact that is has a mechanism that locks the stroller in the closed position. This is a must for all Graco infant seat owners who want something such as this. Don't waste your time or money on the snap n junk. If you have a car seat made by someone other than Graco it may be great, but it's a joke for Graco owners.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beware of the Snap-n-go, July 5, 2005
We recently had our 3rd daughter and we decided on using this system rather than the travel system we did with the first 2 because it is so much more compact. I originally decided on the snap-n-go, however, when put together our graco snugride car seat didn't seem to fit. I took the snap-n-go back to babies -r-us to see if someone could check to make sure it was right. Thank god I did because I found out that baby trend had manufactured some wrong and it would not accomodate a graco car seat. Long story short they had just recieved this graco one in and exchanged it for me. Not only was this one easier to put together it seems sturdier and more compact. So far we love it! The only reason I gave 4 stars instead of 5 is because it is a little tough to fold and unfold right now. I don't know if it is because it is so new, hopefully it will loosen up

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with my Chicco KeyFit 30, May 12, 2010
S.V. (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
This stroller frame works great with my Chicco KeyFit 30 infant carseat. It is very easy to use and is light. It also fits in the trunk of my sedan. I purchased a used one in great condition from a consignment shop and am very glad I did. When my son is older, I will be looking at purchasing a jogger type stroller, but for now this works great when he is asleep in his carseat and we are out and about.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but there is a better option..., February 1, 2011
S. West "Foster mom" (Baltimore, MD United States) - See all my reviews
I really did like this stroller frame for my Graco Snugride 22 but in retrospect, I wish I hadn't bought it. The Graco Literider weighs less than 2 pounds more, carries the car seat every bit as well, has it's own shade for extra protection and a better cupholder(mine kept falling off, they arent attached very well to frame). The real plus is that it's useful even AFTER baby outgrows the infant seat as a secondary stroller. Economically, it just makes more sense. Something to think about.Graco Literider Stroller, Lively Dots