Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on July 1, 2005
I did a lot of research on infant car seat strollers and was a bit disillusioned by the two that were out there (the Kolcraft Universal and the Snap-N-Go). Reviews for both items showed concerns in using them with a Graco SnugRide (which was my carseat of choice). While some parents mentioned that they both worked great with their SnugRide car seat, there were just as many that had concerns that the strollers didn't fit that model of car seat well and worried of the two popping apart. Examining both of them up close, I could understand why there might be mixed reviews considering all the minor adjustments you have to tweak depending on which car seat you are using.
I guess this Graco stroller recently came out because I hadn't seen it before, but as soon as I did, I purchased it. I was amazed by how easy it was to put together. You really don't need the instruction manual to figure it out, and each of the parts fit together with a very satisfying snap that lets you know that part isn't going anywhere. And when attaching the car seat, there are several places where it gets latched into place so you know the seat won't be popping out either.
We've used this stroller with our newborn and it is amazing. A week after a C-section, I was able to break it down and throw it into the trunk of our car myself (although carrying the carseat with baby inside was another story). At first I thought the latch that holds the stroller together when it is all folded up seemed a bit flimsy, but I haven't had any problems with it at all. I also like the fact that you can lock the front wheels into a straight forward position when you are traveling across bumpy pavement. I use this feature often since the sidewalks near where I live are not very even. I also love the extra large basket underneath. Although it is a bit more in cost, I believe this stroller is definitely worth it for the peace of mind. (Please note: this stroller only works with a Graco SnugRide)
0Comment|237 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 14, 2006
While I was pregnant I must have spent hours mulling over what car seat and stroller we were going to select for our baby registry. I ended up choosing the Windsor Snug Ride and the Windsor stroller. Both have excellent safety ratings and they look GORGEOUS. I love them. However, the stroller is pretty darn HUGE. It is fantastic but just too big for quick jaunts into the bookstore or local starbucks. My windsor stroller is like a PRODUCTION.

I (like many women) ended up having a c-section. Lifting my huge stroller out of the car just wasn't happening. Our big beautiful stroller is now in our van to use with my husband for major events.

THEN I FOUND THE SNUGRIDER CAR FRAME. It should be called FREEDOM IN YOUR TRUNK. It's a wonderful contraption and I am going to tell you exactly why:

1. It's VERY light. I lift it easily with one hand.

2. It fits easily in a small trunk. I drive a Mazda 626 and I fit the frame AND still have room.

3. It pops open easily -- important when it's raining or your baby is howling.

4. It is MADE for the snugride and also fits the new saferide. It is EXTREMELY secure. I didn't feel the same about the Snap-n-Go when I tested it at the store. I like that this is made for the car seat I use.

5. It has a nice large basket. (and I can access it even with the babyseat inside of it.)

6. It has a cup holder. Okay, it is a little small -- but it easily holds a medium and we shouldn't drink so much soda pop anyhow.

7. It is small and fits fantastically through tight store aisles and spaces.

8. It has locks for the front wheels in case you don't want them to swivel. It is easy to handle.

9. It collapses with great ease... sort of like a folding chair but has safety features built in to keep it from endangering your baby.

This seat has given me so much freedom. It is nothing to whip it out and take the baby anywhere. I even have used it in cafes and coffeeshops to hold the carrier rather than using their slings or the booth. It's so small that it's welcome everywhere and sure saves my back from constantly carrying the carrier.

I love it so much that I am sure to buy the saferider rather than the convertible seat I was going to buy for the next stage. While lugging thirty pounds seems impossible... it is easily done with this fantastic contraption.

I can't say enough good things about this product. It truly is a must-have for me. It has given me so much freedom back.
11 comment|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 6, 2005
We have the Laura Ashley travel system and while I love the stroller, it's heavy as all get out to lift in and out of the car. When you are just running into CVS or doing a quick errand with the baby in tow, it's really nice to just pop the car seat into the SnugRider frame and go. The SnugRider is light, it folds easily and it's perfect for a quick transport or even an all day shopping affair! (Please don't ever risk putting your car seat into a department or grocery store shopping cart!!!) I was able to put it together in about 8 minutes. At first the carseat got stuck on the frame and wouldn't release easily by simply pressing in the red release handle - I actually had to disengage the release clasp manually and the seat came out fine. I think this was because the padding on the bars that you rest the seat on was so thick when we first got it, it needed some breaking in and now we have no problem removing it with the normal release. What's also nice is that the handle bar is height adjustable. I'm 5'8 and when the handle is extended in the highest position it's heaven to push. My mom is only 5'2 and ususally sets the handle in the semi bent position and it's heaven for her. It rides smoothly and it's much sturdier and alot more attractive than the Snap and Go and similar models. So, even if you don't have a Graco car seat, the SnugRider frame will accept any carseat just fine. Definitely worth the extra money if you have it to spend!
11 comment|93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 11, 2005
I just had my second baby in February... My other son is about 23 months old. I purchased a Graco SnugRide, to find that the only strollers like this one manufactured were the Snap-n-go (SNG) and the Universal Infant Holder (UIH).

I purchased the SNG, knowing that the Graco wouldnt fit properly. Well about 2 months ago I was walking with my son in the carrier (and in the SNG) and my other son was "holding onto the stroller". I am not sure how he did this, but my nearly 2 year old knocked the SNG out of place. I didnt even realize until we went off a curb and the carrier popped out! I was so angry, that a toddler could un-attach the carrier without even trying!

I went back the BRU to find that Graco came out with its own stroller frame, meant only for the Graco Infant Carriers. Luckily BRU accepted my return, and I was able to recieve the Graco model. I LOVE it. First of all you do have to assemble it, sort of like the SNG and UIH, but its much easier and safer. I am not worried that I put it together incorrectly either, since there's only one way to do it. My SnugRide also fits in easier, and sturdier! I loved that the carrier wouldnt wobble around when the stroller was used, and that it was like having a whole Graco Travel System! The handlebars have a cup holder, and a compartment for keys and stuff like that, which is useful. I also love the large and spacious basket! Its easily accessible, and VERY strong! The wheels are Graco quality, and very strong. They dont rattle, or "roll on nothing" like the SNG did. I also love that it folds with one hand! At first it was "sticky", but I believe its from the minimal use it had received... Now I can fold it compactly, and it fits well into the trunk of my Jeep Liberty! I also believe that its the lightest stroller Graco provides, and since I was only going to use a single stroller for a few months (before I transition to a double) I wasn't looking for an extravagant system. I was even able to attach the stroller platform, so a child could stand! All in all an amazing stroller.

I recently purchased a double stroller, for when my son can no longer use the Graco. I will miss the convenience, and lightweight frame, but I have an expecting mother waiting for her turn to use the Graco SnugRider Infant Car seat Frame!
on October 7, 2007
There are several pros and cons to this stroller system

Pros:
-Not as bulky as a travel system. You don't look like you're pushing a yacht around the park.
-Folds up nice and flat. Have no problem fitting it in the trunk.
-Absolutely HUGE basket. You could really go nuts at the mall and not fill this thing up.

Cons:
-There are no shocks on the wheels. When my sleeping baby goes over rough terrain, she often startles and then wakes up.
-As my husband says, it handles like a truck. You have to think ahead when steering because this thing turns on a frisbee, not a dime.
-Cup holders are useless. About the only thing that would fit in it is a small coffee and the warning label says not to put anything hot in it.

All in all, if I had to do it again, I'd buy a lightweight travel system and look like a small yacht strolling around the park because then at least when my baby outgrew this model, I'd have a functional stroller that handles well.
11 comment|65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 12, 2005
We just had a baby, and have a Graco car seat, we got a Snap N Go, and it just plain did not work, there was a manufacture defect that did not allow me to set the snap bar in the first position, returned it for a second, same problem, before I took it back was doing some research on Babys R Us website and saw this. I got in my car, and took the snap n junk back to BRU and they had one more of these left. VERY easy to put together, snap on the wheels, the cup holders, and that's it. Love the adjustable handle, so my wife and I can both use it at different heights. Also love the fact that is has a mechanism that locks the stroller in the closed position. This is a must for all Graco infant seat owners who want something such as this. Don't waste your time or money on the snap n junk. If you have a car seat made by someone other than Graco it may be great, but it's a joke for Graco owners.
on July 5, 2005
We recently had our 3rd daughter and we decided on using this system rather than the travel system we did with the first 2 because it is so much more compact. I originally decided on the snap-n-go, however, when put together our graco snugride car seat didn't seem to fit. I took the snap-n-go back to babies -r-us to see if someone could check to make sure it was right. Thank god I did because I found out that baby trend had manufactured some wrong and it would not accomodate a graco car seat. Long story short they had just recieved this graco one in and exchanged it for me. Not only was this one easier to put together it seems sturdier and more compact. So far we love it! The only reason I gave 4 stars instead of 5 is because it is a little tough to fold and unfold right now. I don't know if it is because it is so new, hopefully it will loosen up
on May 12, 2010
This stroller frame works great with my Chicco KeyFit 30 infant carseat. It is very easy to use and is light. It also fits in the trunk of my sedan. I purchased a used one in great condition from a consignment shop and am very glad I did. When my son is older, I will be looking at purchasing a jogger type stroller, but for now this works great when he is asleep in his carseat and we are out and about.
44 comments|17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2006
Just bought this infant car seat carrier from Babies R Us.The assembly was very easy.Since this carrier is for Snugride and Safeseat car seat only,there are no extra bars or straps that need to be adjusted by parents. So we put the snugride right in. It locks into the carrier at three places--very secure,very easy. I have to say that two of the latches that attach the car seat to the frame are hard to release(turn) after they are locked. This maybe because it is brandnew. It is really not a problem.

I also like that it stands after it is folded. So we can put it right into our car. It is really light and has a bigger basket than Snap-N-Go's. I noticed that even with the Snugride infant car seat in place, it is very easy for me to access the basket below. Oh, it is better-looking than Snap-N-Go and Kolcraft's Universal car seat frame too.

Both my husband and I are happy with this purchase. If you are buying a Snugride or a Safeseat infant car seat, definitely go with this carrier insead of other So-called "universal fit" ones.
on September 1, 2005
Wow- when I researched strollers for our baby- the Snap N Go looked like a great option with our car's limited storage- but it seemed difficult to use with the Graco SnugRide- and it lacked those little red lock-down tabs to hold down the car seat on travel systems. When I saw Graco had issued a similar car seat frame- I was thrilled!

The assembly is easy and requires no tools. It takes me more time to prepare my diaper bag than it did to assemble this.

The compact size fits beautifully in our car, the stroller is small enough to take anywhere and has a small turning radius so it's quite maneuverable.

I like that the stroller gives you the same perspective of an old style pram where you can see your baby's face well while standing or sitting.

Good handle height for people around 6' tall. The wheels are good on mostly urban surfaces and rolls easily. The wheel locks are easy to engage and disengage- even wearing sport sandals.