4.0 out of 5 stars Considering the market....
Well I did a lot of research for white noise machines. The short of it is, I even stopped in to Brookstone to hear the $70 white noise machine. It wasn't near as loud as this one. But a few comments on this Graco.

Published on November 16, 2009 by Jonathan Geiger

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost liked it
Published on April 15, 2009 by sunny_peach

4.0 out of 5 stars Considering the market...., November 16, 2009
This review is from: Graco Sweet Slumber Sound Machine, White (Baby Product)

-The noise can sound extremely loud or sometimes more quiet depending on the surroundings. It's loud enough for us, and when you first turn it on (highest volume) it sounds very loud. But after a short time, it sounds normal, or even like we could stand it louder. But it's been good.

-All the features are great, though we don't use many. Only white noise and night light

-There was some loose cheap parts that were making some rattling noises randomly. It was very noticeable and annoying. I put a rubber band around the unit vertically, and we haven't heard them sense. It was just cheap platics parts rubbing.

For the money, we're content with this product. It has it's pros and cons. The white noise is a little too deep for us. But all things considered, it's a very decent product compared to anything else on the market that I researched.

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby now sleeping through neighbor's washing machine!, November 17, 2011
BeGreen (san jose, ca) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Graco Sweet Slumber Sound Machine, White (Baby Product)
Tonight is the first night using this product. Before buying this product, my infant would wake up and stay awake between 9pm-12am because of our neighbor using his washing machine (literally right above her room) constantly for 3hrs.

Luckily, this white noise machine saved my baby's sleep! She has now been sleeping for 2hrs undisturbed while the neighbor's washing machine is chugging away. Also, I didn't even need to put the Graco machine in high volume!

The lowest volume level is practically inaudible and the highest volume level is very loud. Currently, I'm using the white noise mode at a normal volume level.

I haven't used the other calming sounds, the mp3 hookup or battery option, so I can't comment on it for now.

For $40, my baby can now sleep soundly with the existence of the most ridiculous noises. Wow. Thanks Graco, you saved my life :)

UPDATE 1-04-2012: I have now been using this product every night for 2 months now. It allowed my baby to sleep through countless nights of my neighbor's all night (9-12am) and early morning (6am) washing machine shenanigans, relatives visiting during Thanksgiving, and the constant outside parking lot noises outside my baby's window. Wow, this white noise machine has been a GREAT investment. $40 is such a steal to allow my baby to sleep soundly through all these outside disruptions.

UPDATE 8-14-2012: I have brought it to Disneyland and it helped her fall asleep. I have been using this product every night. No problems. Product works perfectly. Baby is sound asleep every night. Baby is now 13months old.

UPDATE 3-4-2014: Its now in baby #2's room, using it every night. Still a fantastic machine, no problems. As previously mentioned, the A/C adapter still enjoys unplugging itself from the machine with any accidental tug. In terms of price, I prefer Conair SU1W Sound Therapy machine over this one, but whatever. This still a great product. Remember that you need to place this product close to the crib/bed in order to "drown out" the noises outside the room. It has tolerated many trips to LA and Vegas. Child #1 is now 2.5 yrs old and Child #2 is now 13 months old.

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost liked it, April 15, 2009
This review is from: Graco Sweet Slumber Sound Machine, White (Baby Product)
This seemed like the perfect product for my baby's room, combining an MP3 player with white noise and a night light, so I made the purchase. It is well built; the music that is programmed into it is quite nice; and the nature sounds are better than I have heard on other white noise machines. BUT the main reason I bought this machine was to create white noise in my baby's room. Unfortunately, I have returned it because the white noise is just not loud enough to block out normal household sounds. Graco, you almost got it right.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I wanted and more, February 24, 2014
This review is from: Graco Sweet Slumber Sound Machine, White (Baby Product)
I rarely ever write reviews... in case this puts this review into perspective.

When my husband and I were still just expecting our first child, we were told to get the Sleep Sheep... which we did. After countless muttering, tears and exhausted nights of wondering why anyone would only want 44 minutes of white noise, we decided there must be a noise machine that would just stay on all night. We looked into a few and picked this on a whim (an exhausted, pained, panicked whim).

The first night we plugged this in we ALL slept through the night. It has pretty much been the same since. This machine lasts all night, has great volume control options and a wide variety of sounds (we like the ocean one) and serves as a great night light - soft lighting but strong enough to actually let you see when you sneak in to check on everything.

My son is a pretty good sleeper - we were dealing with random awakenings and cries for replacing a pacifier, not horrible all-nighters that could not be soothed... but I will give a lot of credit for 99.99% peaceful 11-12 hour nights sleep sessions from 4/5 months to now (8.5 months) to this machine. Plus, if you have the monitor on like we do, you actually get two for the price of one since we joke that we use his noise machine too! Honestly, this product is terrific and I would recommend it for anyone whose baby could use a little white noise to keep peaceful nights peaceful.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the most well engineered device of it's kind I've ever seen., January 22, 2009
This review is from: Graco Sweet Slumber Sound Machine, White (Baby Product)
The Graco Sweet Dream Sound Machine is sturdily built easy to use and has more features than I thought possible at this price point. All of the built in sounds are digitally generated and the sound quality is quite good despite it's small speaker size. The womb sounds are really cool and pretty convincing and there are a few different frequencies of white noise to choose from as well as a volume switch. It has a built in LED night light with an independent switch, and it even comes with a few music selections that are reminiscent of an old wind up music box installed on the device. It's mp3 connection is hidden in the swiveling plastic base that seems a bit flimsy compared to the rest of the unit, but it can house a full size iPod if you wish to slip it inside while it is connected. The unit comes with an A/C power adapter or you can use AA batteries if you wish. The outer housing is plastic but the grill area appears to be enamel coated metal, which was a pleasant surprise and makes the unit feel more substantial and sturdy. All of the switches appear to be high quality sealed micro switches and the overall quality is very nice. I am impressed with this unit, and think that the folks at Graco did a fantastic job designing and building this product. It is yet to bee seen if the baby will like it, but I am duly impressed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best one we've found., October 31, 2013
This review is from: Graco Sweet Slumber Sound Machine, White (Baby Product)
We bought this sound machine for our first daughter two years ago. I have been satisfied with it but my husband hasn't liked it near as much. He reports he wishes the sound was louder and at times it feels flimsy for him to operate. I think the sound is just fine but set out to find another one for our second baby. After much deliberation and speaking with friends as well as shopping around in stores we ended up with the same one. For the price it's the best we've found!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this!, July 16, 2013
This review is from: Graco Sweet Slumber Sound Machine, White (Baby Product)
I researched sound machines a lot, and having one that would run all night was a must! This is perfect! My son can fall asleep to it, and can stay asleep even if his brothers wake up before he does! Love this product!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product for the price, July 15, 2013
This review is from: Graco Sweet Slumber Sound Machine, White (Baby Product)
We were surprised that so many reviews said it was too loud, we wish it were a little louder when on the white noise or music settings, however, overall very happy with the product for the price. We can plug in an ipod to the device and increase the volume, we have created a baby mix for our 1 year old twins and it works great! Would buy again

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, May 17, 2013
This review is from: Graco Sweet Slumber Sound Machine, White (Baby Product)
This helped so much. Our daughter slept through the night in no time and we did not have to be carful not to make noise. I liked it even before the baby was here. White noise is great

5.0 out of 5 stars Use it every night for our little light sleeper, April 26, 2013
Angela Tuminello (Allison Park, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Graco Sweet Slumber Sound Machine, White (Baby Product)
This has a lot of settings for white noise. We found the one that works for us and use it every night. Although you can set a timer, we let it run all night because our daughter is a light sleeper and we live on a busy road. There is a nice setting for music, too, that I will use when we are playing in her room. The maximum setting for volume works well. I wouldn't want it to be any louder than that.

Graco Sweet Slumber Sound Machine, White