Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 5, 2010
I own a pair of Sennheiser HD-555 headphones. What I didn't realize when I initially bought them was that the HD-555 terminates to a large 1/4 inch plug. It came with the standard straight adaptor to a 1/8 inch plug, but I was concerned about putting stress on the headphone connectors on my devices. The Grado Prestige Mini Adaptor Cable alleviated my concerns wholeheartedly.

The Grado adaptor cable is surprisingly long and built like a tank. I measured it at 10 inches long! It's nearly an extension cable! But seriously, both ends are sufficiently strengthened and the cable is high quality. They even include a fairly large vinyl pouch to store the adaptor.

Why do you need the Grado vs. el cheapo from say, Radio Shack? You probably don't. I'm of the mindset that nearly all cables perform about the same and that most people cannot tell the difference. But if you own good quality headphones, do you really want to chance the adaptor degrading the sonic quality? Grado guarantees no degradation while using their adaptor.

If you own nice headphones and need an adaptor, consider the Grado's. If you are using a straight adaptor, you may be adding stress to your audio source board, which may damage it over time. You can get less expensive adaptors (Hosa) or more expensive ones (Cardas), but I think the Grado's are just right. Also, this baby is Made in The USA.
66 comments|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 14, 2006
This is a fantastic product. When you use your typical 1/4" to 1/8" adapter, it results in a huge plug. This plug then puts a lot of weight and strain and stress on the small and thin 1/8" jack. This adapter gets rid of this problem so you won't damage your 1/8" jack.
on December 22, 2008
More expensive than I would have liked to have paid, this adapter is extremely high quality and saves my much more expensive headphones from stress on the plug. I'm glad I bit the bullet and bought it as this relatively minor cost is far less than replacing my headphones.

As always with Grado products, the quality is awesome.
on July 20, 2009
I got this to replace the adaptor that was included with my Sennheiser HD-555. The extra length of cable gives nice flexibility, so unlike the adaptor included with Sennheisers, you don't have to worry so much about the plug snapping off.
on April 19, 2016
This is by far the best quality adapter of this kind I have seen. It has a thick wire connecting both sides, and very good quality plating on the connectors. There's not much more you can ask for with this type of adapter.
on February 18, 2013
Came deffective. Had to fiddle with 1/4 male headphone plug to get both channels to work. Easy to return through Amazon though, so no real worries, but am going try another product..

UPDATE 2/25/13:

Ordered the same adapter made by Hosa, which has the right-angle adapter (which I prefer anyway) and am well pleased with it. Works great. I'm sure that if I ordered another Grado, it would have probably worked fine, but I was attracted to the lower price and the right angle on the Hose for carrying the weight of the male/female 1/4" combo more naturally. The Grado had the gold plating and did seem just slightly beefier. The Hosa plating is silver, but I don't think it's making a difference.
on June 21, 2015
This is a very well-made and flexible little adapter. It allows me to easily use my full-size headphones plugged into my computer speakers. I've had the adapter for six months and it appears to me that it will last for years and years.
on November 13, 2015
I had always read about these adpators on the various headphone sites, but never got one before. I was skeptical about the price vs. quality according to the pictures I'd seen, but in hand it's the best 1/4"->1/8" adaptor I've ever come across. The cabling is thick and tightly wrapped, but super flexible and soft. The jacks on either end are well made and fit securely. The cable is just long enough to relieve any stress the 1/4" jack might impose on the 1/8'' headphone socket if you were using a solid adaptor, but isn't long enough to create too much slack or be dumb.
on October 29, 2013
What we have here, is a very well made adapter cable. It has a 1/4" female plug on one end and a male 1/8" miniplug on the other end. The cable is a heavy duty 3/16" thick, and 10 1/4" long. The plugs are gold plated. I have not had any problems with it so far, and I do not expect to have any in the future.
Contacts: GRADO, 4614 Seventh Ave., Brooklyn, N.Y. 11220, On The Internet: gradolabs.com/page_headphones.php angelogrado@aol.com
on June 17, 2009
Flexibility allows better, longer lasting connections. Hold it and you can feel the quality. Not a cheap mass produced Radio S---k or WalM--t knockoff. If this what you need then this is the one to get.