5.0 out of 5 stars Prime, May 24, 2011
This review is from: Grado SR60i Headphones (Electronics)
If you just plan on using these in your home, or another quiet place where nobody else is around, then they will work for you. I usually plug them in through an M-Audio Fast Track (a DAC in this case) connected to my laptop, and I do notice a substantial difference between the sound quality I get with and without the DAC. You don't have to be an audio prick to use these. Your MP3's will sound better, but you ought to start getting your music in less compressed formats. You will notice the difference. I also use them outside when the weather's nice. They are great to use when I just want to veg out. I use these to play electric guitar when I need to be quiet. Keep in mind they are very open, so everyone around you will hear what you are listening to, and you probably don't want to be "that guy." These are my first supra-aural headphones, but I have encountered many in school, at work, etc. I own a pair of Shure E3C's (in ear headphones that cost twice as much,) and they don't even compare. If your still not convinced, two audiophile friends recommended Grado to me for my price range, that ought to say something. They are relatively inexpensive at the expense of comfort. I have to admit they are pretty damn uncomfortable, but I've pretty much gotten used to them. If you are on the fence, just buy them. You wont regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Headphones at a great price., January 28, 2012
This review is from: Grado SR60i Headphones (Electronics)
I've had these for over a year and they are fantastic. The sounds is crisp, not too bass heavy and the treble isn't an issue. If your music sounds odd, it's the format, not the headphones. This is especially true if you listen to vinyl. I can't think of a better pair of headphones at this price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Headohones, June 28, 2011
Great headphones, great price
TOO BULKY
I wanted a smaller headphone to go on trails with. I have a MP3 player I wanted to use these with. They are just too big.

Grado SR60i Headphones