Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on May 25, 2010
Ok, Please keep in mind that I am talking about a $49.00 set of headphones I use on my iPod. I was looking for something with a little better sound quality than I was getting with my old JVC HA-X570's. I read a good deal of hype about Grado's and assumed it was too good to be true, so I expected very little when I pulled the trigger and bought them.

First of all, EVERYTHING that has been claimed about their sound quality is true. I have never heard a product in this price range that provided such a full spectrum of even handed sound re-production. If you are not used to high end sound re-production then it may take a little while to get used to these. but, for me, the sound stage was so large It felt like I was walking around bass notes while discovering new instruments in songs I have been listening to all my life.

The body is plastic and they are wrap around the back of your head, rather than over the top of it. They are fine for me and I do not experience any discomfort, but read some others have. These are made in China. The rest of the line, I understand, is made in Brooklyn, NY.

I immediately bought the RS1i's for my home set up. I will review them when I get them. Father's day is coming up. I say RUN, don't walk! and get you and your dad a pair of these. For anyone who appreciates audiophile quality, they sound like they should cost at least 3x what you are paying for them.
on July 12, 2011
The sound quality is good, very good for fifty bucks. They sound almost as good as the SR80's. Two big issues I have:

(1) The Y portion of the wire gets caught under my chin when taking off the headphones. Is it too much to ask to have the lead from one driver sweep through the headband to the other side and have a single wire leave the headphones?

(2) The fit of the headphones are horrible. If you've used Grado headphones before, you know they're very tight on a below average-sized head. The iGrado headphones take that up a notch: it feels like they were designed for a child-sized head. The cushions don't provide much cushioning and will likely begin to hurt your ears after a half hour or so. But long before that, the intense pain caused by the portion of the inflexible headband digging into your skull right behind your ears will become unbearable.

I should have returned them, but I didn't in time. Is the sound worth the pain? Only if you're a fan of the Grado sound...

If you're willing to take a heat gun to the headband and maybe tape one wire from one ear along the headband to the other, you might be very pleased.
on June 11, 2011
I bought these knowing that they were based on Grado SR60s. Owning a pair of those and a pair of SR-80s I knew they had to have fantastic sound quality.

I use these for my double time 4+ mile walks. They let in just enough sound from outside so they're perfect to use for me. My only fear is the plastic back and the fact they're made in china compared to the rest of the Grado line that's made in USA.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 17, 2011
I would buy a pair, but they went it off to China. How much more would they have cost had they made them here? I would have paid the difference.
11 comment3 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse