4.0 out of 5 stars Love, Hate and Admiration...
Okay - deep breath. I was wallpapering just a moment ago and just about came unglued. Pun intended. Decided to take a break to rant about why i love (and hate) this wallpaper.

1. This is great quality paintable. I love the trippy designs by Graham & Brown and the price at amazon always seems to be less than elsewhere.

2. Either I got a bad batch...
Published on August 5, 2011 by Ellen Delano

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible!!! -- G&B 17773 Damask
MUST paint...I wanted to keep white, but it is almost a opaque cream color!

I was so excited to put this paper up...I am no expert, but have read that textured wallpaper is pretty easy. Worst experience ever...When you use a blade to trim, the paper is so thick and wet, the paper tears and shreds!

Not to mention the shrinkage...manufacturer...
Published on March 7, 2012 by MamaD

4.0 out of 5 stars Love, Hate and Admiration..., August 5, 2011

2. Either I got a bad batch or the listing fails to note that this is not pre-pasted. I ordered 2 rolls in April and another this month. I just ordered 4 more rolls to finish the project I have going, and some are pre-pasted and some are not. Luckily, the "hub" was willing to run to the hardware store and get me some paste and other tools i do not typically need. Paste was $15 for a reasonable size bucket. You may need to plan for this expense as a possible need (?) Don't say I did not warn you.

3. I am not a wallpaper novice, and if this was my first stab at paperhanging, I'd jump off the ladder. In the interest of your embrace of the wall paper arts, stick it out. Learn to bookend wallpaper, and paper this thick is generally a cinch. If you run into a problem with no paste (and the package seems to not detail the paste yes/no issue either). Delightfully, it tells me "strippable" which in decor lingo means I can easily rip it down. Well, not with the paste i used...since i was mid wall with wet paper, I watered down some Elmer's Tacky Glue and sealed the edges with modpodge matte. it will never come off the wall now. for better or worse.

4. If you want to do an excellent job "little miss (or mister) do-it-yourself", you will need, a great big wallpaper sponge, a plastic tray (I think a rubbermaid underbed storage box works better than the dumpy, cheap wallpaper trays), sharp scissors, an exacto or breakaway straight blade cutter, a yardstick or straight edge, sharpie or non-run marker, access to water, and patience. The heavier the wallpaper, the easier to "get it right..."

If you are worried about seams, a seam roller is a nice cheap tool to have on hand. When I wallpaper, I have been known to forgoe a tray and use a hand held shower and this also works. Your McGuyver skills are handy with any wallpaper project.

5. Another site reviewer mentioned correctly that the repeat is a little weird. Plan for extra waste as you want the seams perfect since any "off" in the design will be easily noticeable with the funky dimensional aspect of this design in particular. The roll states 56 sf per roll yield. I figured with waste it was more like 44+/-. Of course, I am DETAIL freak perfectionista and had alot of corners and strange details. More is always better, yes?! Don't forget - unlike a local store - if you need more from Amazon, it will likely be a different batch or LOT. Yes, Virginia...this CAN make a difference that is noticeable. Sometimes the roll on paintable dimensional wallpaper differs and one looks like it has a deep impression with another lot with a weaker impression. Wouldn't that tick you off?? Better to order more than you need and if necessary - return the over or use elsewhere. Just my wallpaper princess opinion, of course.

Finally, this is fairly inexpensive wallpaper as far as cost, so frankly a good place for a beginner to start. Pretty resiliant, it's difficult to damage. And of course, paint will cover a host of potential mistakes like a little tear. It's a good choice for the inset panels to freshen up cabinets, door panels, bookcase backs, or the face of bureaus or dressers if you want something fresh and zingy and new looking. Don't be afraid of this wallpaper, paste or no...it may be the beginning of a beautiful wallpaper adventure.

I will post photos with an without paint as soon as I have completed this project. Stay tuned, folks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Wallpaper, March 20, 2013
Just finished applying this wallpaper to our baby's bedroom. It was very easy to work with and looks fantastic. I have yet to paint the wallpaper so I can't comment on the ease of painting.

Update:

I agree with the other reviewer that the wallpaper must be painted. However, I did not have any issues with the wallpaper tearing when trimming. I was able to install flawlessly, and after painting it antique white, it looks absolutely stunning. Everyone that enters the room comments on the beauty of the wallpaper and cannot believe that I installed it myself (fist time I have ever installed wallpaper).

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible!!! -- G&B 17773 Damask, March 7, 2012
MUST paint...I wanted to keep white, but it is almost a opaque cream color!

Not to mention the shrinkage...manufacturer instructions say let soak for at least 5 minutes, but this is NOT enough! It's more like 10 so you don't get the shrinkage.

4.0 out of 5 stars This paper is NOT pre-pasted, February 20, 2013
The wallpaper looks gorgeous when put up!! I wish it would have clearly stated that it is non-pasted though, as the paste was anoth $30

5.0 out of 5 stars Graham and Brown 17583 Feature Wall Curvy Wallpaper, October 25, 2013
Jennifer Hauser (ENGLEWOOD, CO, US) - See all my reviews
Beautiful. Have received many compliments on it. Took awhile to get up and was easier with two people, but it worked out great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful wallpaper, July 29, 2013
I loved this wallpaper. It's even prettier than the Picture.
Great quality also.
I will definitely buy some more to decorate my house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it. It's an amazing design and is textured ..., July 23, 2014
Love it. It's an amazing design and is textured just right. I had someone else put up the wallpaper & it was very thick, so you may need a stronger cutting tool when using this wallpaper. A box cutter meant for wallpaper won't 'cut' it.

5.0 out of 5 stars So nice it doesnt need painting, March 23, 2012
I was doing a quick remodel of my bathroom and wanted some extra texture for the bathroom. On a whim, I bought a couple few rolls and it was fantastic. So nice, you could get away without even painting it. Great texture, very thick paper, and good glue binding.

Graham and Brown 17584 Martinique Wallpaper