5.0 out of 5 stars Grits--not only the future, but the present as well.
Published on October 23, 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars On second thougt, there is a lot better out there.
The more and more I think about it, this CD had a lot of hype and less delivery than I once thought. I mean, it's ok, but Grits ain't all that any more.
For those of you who doubt me, go listen to some Labklik, Gospel Gangstaz, Pettidee and Future Shock before rating my comment.
Published on July 17, 2000 by Scott Hay

5.0 out of 5 stars Grits--not only the future, but the present as well., October 23, 1999
This review is from: Grammatical Revolution (Audio CD)
In Grammatical Revolution, Grits has produced an artwork that stands out from anything else in the music world today. First off, every song on the album has a unique sound. The beats, the instruments, and the flow are all original. Second, the album is incredibly futuristic and visionary in its sound and makeup. It uses a huge variety of sound colors, instruments, and rhythms in such a way that it redifines what hip-hop is. Thirdly, Cofee and Bone are by far the most creative, versatile, and skilled rappers on the planet--that includes secular rappers. They weave poety, clever phrases, tongue-twisting tempo changes, and rhymes that amaze us with unprecedented creativity and skillfulness. However, the quality that I appreciate the most about Grits is their integrity. In Grammatical Revolution, they have constructed a work of art; an album that is more musical and true to the standards of their art form than any other rap album. It's clear that they aren't in the business for money, fame, or themselves. They make hip-hop in order to communicate with people and speak truth to them, and in doing so, they elevate hip-hop to its highest manifestation. Other artists take note: for the foreseeable future, Grits is and will be the standard by which all other rap artists are judged.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grits rocks the Mic in Grammatical Revolution, February 28, 2001
This review is from: Grammatical Revolution (Audio CD)
If you like The Roots, Blacked Eyed Peas, and De La Soul, Then you will like Grits. Or if you are looking for some good underground rap that is not mainstream this is it. Grits Provides a positive lyrical content away from the sin filled and angry rap and hip hop we listen to today. people said that it couldn't be done mixing the gospel teachings with rap and hip hop but grits by far proves that wrong. You won't even notice that it is super christain you will be mesmerized by the phat beats and smoot rhymes that are produced by the group. There other Cd's Factors of the seven and mental releases and just as good. my favorite is factors of the seven. to sum it up grits is hip hop they are true mc's trying to get the positivity out of hip hop in this dark worl.

5.0 out of 5 stars The New Kings of Hip Hop, September 21, 2000
Eddie Diaz (FPO, AP United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Grammatical Revolution (Audio CD)
This Grits album is a musthave!!! I have been impressed with Grits since I first heard a couple of their songs off their "Factors of the Seven" album, but when I purchased Grammatical Revolution, it definately gave some bang for the buck! See I was a big fan of Secular Rap/Hip Hop and Grits were the first Christan rappers I heard when I Gave my life to Christ, Yet this new album "grammatical Revolution" is one of the best ive ever heard. The First song that stood out to me was "They all fall down" which is a song that has been in my head for a while now! Yes, the lyrics are on point and the beats are off the hook, but the message is God sent.
For any of you who are reading this review an are interested in Christian hip hop but not sure who the good artists are.. Check out the DJ Maj CD which features artists like (Grits, 4th Avenue Jones, Knowdaverbs, LA Symphony, and R&B Groups The Katinas and Out of Eden) -one & God Bless

5.0 out of 5 stars Anyone who doubts GRITS just don't know!, July 24, 2000
This review is from: Grammatical Revolution (Audio CD)
What I mean is this: Coffee and Bonafide go way back in the Christian Hip Hop Scene. Sure Christian rap is about 14 years old now, but GRITS was one of the first to release a HIP HOP album. Do you remember tight jams like 10-A-Cee, Screen Door and Cataclysmic Circles? Yeah that was GRITS. Then they came out with People Noticin Me, US Open, and Fragmentation. My Point is this, GRITS being the best IS open for discussion. But remember, they are the BOMB! I'll be honest enough to admit that when I first heard this CD from them I was a little disapointed. Then, the next time I heard it, it hit me. These Guys are brilliant. They incorporate stuff that anyone can relate to with music that anyone can appreciate. Then they come out with C2K, which is just a "new Millenium" version of the off da hook jam, "Cataclysmic Circles" from their first project. Don't Listen to the one NEGATIVE review from someone who doesn't know anything about good Hip Hop, Instead, buy this CD and see for yourself. If you don't agree that they are some of the best rap out there, then I just don't know about you, do I? PS. The first time I heard of this guy Knowdaverbs, was on a GRITS CD, so there ya have it. dj404's rant about how great GRITS are. I like my GRITS with eggs and milk...not CHEESE! peace!

5.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting, danceable, Christian hip-hop, April 18, 2002
"jamesine" (Washington, DC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Grammatical Revolution (Audio CD)
This CD is both uplifting and danceable, which I find to be a rarity. The lyrics are Biblically-based and at times pretty poignant. I highly recommend this CD to people who are searching for some Christian hip-hop music that is real and competes with secular contemporaries in terms of style and bass.

5.0 out of 5 stars A rare and profound revolution of God's word., September 26, 2000
This review is from: Grammatical Revolution (Audio CD)
G.R.I.T.S.- Grammatical Revolution In The Spirit. I believe that in order for anyone to truly appreciate this CD, he/she must be a mature Christian. The lyrics contained in this CD reflect a profound revelation of God's word. Examples are: "My chronological line was designed by the Divine"-(Predestination), "Deception of perception, blind to what self is, deep down, deep down beyond the black whole of the soul in control"-(From the heart comes all issues of life), "Unconsciously in a state of reprobate; A house divided, righteously unabided"-(Deceitfulness of sin), and many more. Also, GRITS addresses many issues that most Christians are not committed to keeping such as abstaining from pre-marital sex and living the Word in DEED, and not just in TONGUE. I highly recommend this CD, for it truly is a Grammatical Revolution In The Spirit.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best on the Christian hip hop/rap scene to date, May 14, 2001
eha1990 (Wilmington, NC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Grammatical Revolution (Audio CD)
GRITS are the most innovative rappers I have ever heard. The one thing that I like the most about GRITS is how they stay true to their message of spiritual inspiration and spreading the word of God. They like no over rappers out today because they have their own distinct style that is not copyed or borrowed from other artist. They keep their lyrics clean, and deal with real issues that confront Christians and people in general in their lives.
There isn't a rapper today who could touch them. GRITS is the ruler to measure others by, they have restored the true meaning of what hip hop and rap was meant to be which is a medium of expression and art. So get a copy when you can, you won't regret it at all. Also check out their freshman and sophmore releases too.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bomb!, January 30, 2000
This review is from: Grammatical Revolution (Audio CD)
I love rap music and this was the bomb. I heard them on a carman cd and i absolutely loved them. my favorite song was "they all fall down". If you like rap music this is the cd to buy you'll love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply da best, April 23, 2001
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Grammatical Revolution (Audio CD)
Dis CD iz da best. Phat beats, cool rap, everything for REAL hip hop lovers. Grits sounds like Outkast and the roots. yall must buy this. ITZ PURE HIP HOP.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bible centered, deals with the issues young people face., August 21, 1999
This review is from: Grammatical Revolution (Audio CD)
GRITS follow true to form, they just keep getting better and deeper. This a truly unique group and unique album. They successfully utilize rap/hip hop to get the message of Christ across to a broad audience. It is good to see that these brothers are out there taking up a stand for Jesus in the rap industry. I would recommend anyone who likes music and rap to buy this record because you don't know what you are missing. This is proof that the gospel can be spread through the medium of rap and hip hop music. The Church needs to hear this one for real!

Grammatical Revolution
Grammatical Revolution by Grits (Audio CD - 1999)
Rate and Discover Movies