5.0 out of 5 stars This is a spectacular trip down the Grand Canyon!
Published on August 7, 2011 by Merlot1897

3.0 out of 5 stars beautiful pictures
I would recommend as a nice stocking stuffer for Christmas... nice substitute for a coffee table book also can be a great regift
Published 13 months ago by j.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a spectacular trip down the Grand Canyon!, August 7, 2011
This review is from: Grand Canyon Serenade (DVD)
If you have never been to the Grand Canyon but have always wanted to, this is the DVD for you! I have not been there, but have seen many still pictures taken by professional photographers. The photographs are great, but one cannot hear the rapids and waterfalls or the beautiful classical music, which I love. Video is taken from the top of the rim, flying overhead, to the bottom of the canyon where the Colorado river flows and visitors in boats ride the rapids. (It is amazing that the gear and supplies loaded in the back of the boat never move, although the people do.) Sunrise to sunset through all four seasons, one sees the amazingly varied vistas while listening to wonderful, carefully chosen classical music. The music cadence moves perfectly along with the scenery, especially the rapids. Some of the composers are Vivaldi, Dvorak, Tchaikovsky and Brahms. I watch this film often both to view the scenery and listen to the music. I now feel I have had the experience of visiting the Grand Canyon even though I did it in my own living room.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful music, beautful scenery!, July 24, 2011
NiceNative (St. George, Utah USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Grand Canyon Serenade (DVD)
We never get tired of watching and listening to this tribute to the Grand Canyon. The beautiful photography and well-matched music provide hours of soothing, relaxing video. Enjoy the Colorado River from beginning to end with, of course, emphasis on the Grand Canyon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Grand Canyon Video I've Seen, November 12, 2011
I've ordered two or three videos of the Grand Canyon, looking for something that would capture the grandeur of this place - and all were disappointing. This one, however, does the trick. There's not much talking during the video, just wonderful music and extraordinary photography that lets the Grand Canyon speak for itself. I think I'll be able to watch this beautiful video time and time again. I can't imagine getting tired of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful experience, October 18, 2011
This review is from: Grand Canyon Serenade (DVD)
We have been to the Canyon three or four times but have never seen it's true beauty due to weather conditions. It's so vast that it's almost impossible to process. The photography in this DVD is gorgeous and the music added so much to our enjoyment. We liked it so much, we sent a copy to friends from Australia, whom we met on a National Parks Tour.

5.0 out of 5 stars grand canyon serenade, October 6, 2011
This review is from: Grand Canyon Serenade (DVD)
wonderfully done dvd. music accompaniment enhances the visual experience of nicely crafted images. Highlihts many of the exceptional venues in the canyon. Felt like I was back there again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Video, Well Worth It! (Classical Music in Background), January 9, 2012
This was a great video of the Grand Canyon, with many shots of well-known vistas and many side trips to less well-known places in the area. All wonderful....

Much of the HD is great quality, but some of the video is not as sharp as others.

The background music is classical -- a nice selection of mostly familiar pieces. I thought it was an appropriate and non-obtrusive selection. There's very little speaking. The landscape can speak for itself, and it does!

There were not a lot of reviews of this Blu-ray, but I found it excellent. I don't think you can go wrong with this! I strongly recommend this to experience something amazing with your "big screen" TV.

This should be seen by everyone who loves nature....

5.0 out of 5 stars We first saw this DVD on PBS accompanied by classical music that more than matched the scenery., October 29, 2013
This review is from: Grand Canyon Serenade (DVD)
What a way to see so many vistas and part of the Grand Canyon!
The combination of scenery and music proved mystifying, uplifting, and somehow beyond Nature.

Frankie Schelly

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, January 5, 2014
It's the next best thing to being there, stunning photography and the music was set perfectly to the film! I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best DVD out there on Grand Canyon, January 16, 2014
This review is from: Grand Canyon Serenade (DVD)
This DVD not only is beautiful but the classical music played throughout the presentation adds to the enjoyment of the DVD.Also I was pleasantly surprised to find a second DVD included with the DVD ordered.It is a DVD with aerial views of all 50 states.All in all a great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent video, February 1, 2014
This review is from: Grand Canyon Serenade (DVD)
I saw this on PBS and wanted to see the entire video whenever I wanted. This is a wonderful way to enjoy the Grand Canyon, with beautiful music and visions that are not possible on one;s own. This is a remarkable National Park treasure and this video shows you why.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Grand Canyon Serenade
Grand Canyon Serenade by KUED Salt Lake City Utah (DVD - 2011)
$14.99 $8.65