Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on December 19, 2012
Even though this is an awesome game, I really recommend that you shouldn't download this game. Anytime I would download and install, play, then shut down the computer; I would turn the computer back on and my computer will say "NTLDR file is missing. Press ctrl+alt+del." As a word of advice it's better to get a physical CD copy.
22 comments4 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 9, 2013
The game is great best Gta ever. But I bought this for my pc because of the mods (I.e. the skins and cars not hot coffee) but because this is the digital download you can't mod the game so this purchase was a waste of money
on January 1, 2014
I played this game back in the Playstation days and I thought I would buy the PC version since I missed playing this game. After leaving the game first time my mouse stopped working. I couldn't move it anywhere, and despite disconnecting the mouse & reconnecting it did not work and it forced me to restart my computer. I checked for solutions and I wasn't alone. It's not fully compatible on the Windows 7 OS. I had to run it in compatibility mode for XP for the game to work better, but mouse problems still came up occasionally. I am also having an issue with the game freezing for a split second then resuming, only to reoccur 10 seconds later. This game is playable but you'll need to be patient with the graphic issues and freezes. Some missions even make the game crash also. I still have a lot of fun putting in cheats and doing amusing stuff!
on January 5, 2014
This is an amazing game! I played it on PS2 3 times and I loved that version but I also like this version better. If I we're to choose between the PS2 and the PC version I would choose the PC version PS. I don't use mod's for this game yet.
on October 9, 2013
You can cause more havoc and destruction in this version. But this is an adults game seeing the adult content that is in the game. But over all this game is awesome a no rules free for all rise to power
on February 27, 2013
I remember playing this back in 2004 on the PS2 when it first came out, and boy was I blown away. I just got it for PC and it definitely has the best graphics out of all of the consoles you can play this on. Quite arguably, I still think this is more fun than GTA IV due to the amount of cheats available, what kind of cheats you can use, the size of the entire state of San Andreas, and the ways to make lots of money (i.e. betting shops, taking over gang territories, etc.). Despite the graphics not being as realistic as Grand Theft Auto IV, I can keep on playing and having fun even after I have beaten the game. The problem with GTA IV is: there aren't a whole lot of ways to make money, and once you have finished the story, what you see is what you get. But in this: you can go to the betting shops and wager up to 10 million dollars (if you have that amount). And if you win, the reward is very remarkable. You can also take over enemy gang territories and get their money which can be a lot. All in all, I highly recommend this game more than any other Grand Theft Auto game until GTA 5 comes out later this year. You will not be disappointed!
on December 3, 2015
This Game Cannot Run On A Windows 8.1 PC I Had Tested It On My Laptop Which Had Windows 8.1 Installed On The System & When I Booted The Game Up On It The In-Game Character Only Kept Walking Or Running To The Left Of The Screen So I Had A Very Frustratingly Hard Play Through By Mid-Way In The Game I Just Gave Up Because No Matter How Hard You Pressed The Right Arrow Key Or The "D" Key On Your Keyboard It Just Gets Worse & Worse As Time Goes On & I Was Still Having The Same Issues Over & Over Again So I Just Uninstalled It On My Laptop & In Order To Let It Actually Work I Installed It On My Windows 7 PC Instead & I Was Having No Issues There.. So What Do I Think This Means Is That It Was Poorly Optimized For Windows 8.1 Computers. So When Getting This Game Make Sure You Have A Windows 7 PC With You To Make Sure That The Controls Of The Game Actually Works.
on May 22, 2014
I highly recommend this item to anyone. It works just as you would expect it would. No complaints or regrets
on January 29, 2014
The descriptions says it requires XP and is not compatible with Windows 7. I installed on Windows 7 and it works marginally. I have two older computers that I rebuilt as XP machines. I updated them completely and they functioned perfectly. On each of the computers (HP 6910 laptop and custom built PC), the first reboot after installing this game, the system will no longer load XP with the NTLDR.exe error. I wrote Rockstar for "support" and they have completely ignored me. Due to the lack of ability to get a refund and the sellers fraudulent behavior in taking your money and not providing a working product, I'd stay away.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 23, 2012
Don't be too shaky because this is a digital download. It's the same thing, actually even better! Why? Because this is v1.1, and they now have SAMI (San Andreas Mod Installer) for v1.1. So I was very glad to find out I didn't have to do the whole downgrade patch thing for v2.0, which is total pain in the rear. It is also the same exact game I knew and loved years ago, and still do to this day. Thanky you amazon for this quick and efficient download, of this fully functional game. Very great. I suggest getting this.