Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Gifts Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Outdoor Deals on DOTD

on April 19, 2010
This a collection of probably 3 of the best GTA games and I highly recommend this for a GTA new comer (only played GTA IV), if you are you will definitely enjoy the freedom and features located in San Andreas that you cannot get from IV. If you are not a new comer you will still enjoy these games a lot and chances are you have some experience with them. If you enjoyed this I recommend Grand Theft Auto Classics Collection (it's only about $10) and it's fun to see where GTA started. Also if you purchase GTA the classics collection and GTA the trilogy you will have all the GTA games except for GTA IV. Overall this product is great it includes the 3 games: GTA III, GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas. Each game is on two (2) discs and comes with the manual and a poster for each game. At first I had problems with the small clips in the case being very flimsy but it should be fine now (I called and had them fix the problem). If the clips are an Issue call them right away! Once again this is a really fun game and I highly recommend it.

*** UPDATE 05/06/2010 ***
The game worked fine on windows 7 for me. I don't understand what Micheal Wang is saying everything worked fine on 7 (which is even newer then vista). There were no issues and you can buy it with confidence even if you have a new machine.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 18, 2010
I'm going to review each game separately, then the collection.

GTA3 is my personal favourite Grand Theft Auto game. It's so simple, yet powerful. It's a tad challenging on PC with a keyboard, so I tried to use my Xbox 360 controller... what an adventure. I'll get to that later. GTA3 is pretty fun.

GTA:VC is awesome. Everything that made GTA3 had been multiplied. Interesting storyling, fun gameplay... and it's always a blast to go on a rampage.

GTA:SA is the best Grand Theft Auto game I've ever played.

If you want to use a 360 controller, good luck. You'll have to download drivers, programs to get it to work with the games, as the triggers don't work. But once you get it to work, then use it. It's better than a keyboard and makes the game that much enjoyable. Or, save yourself the trouble and get a Logitech PS2 controller. So much easier.

Great game. I highly recommend it to anyone.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 15, 2011
Nothing I can say about these games that you don't already know. You have played them a million times, now play them again on your computer in this nice collectors package for cheap. Oh yea and all these ran fine on my Windows 7 64 bit system, in case you are wondering about compatibility issues.
on March 9, 2011
This game shall never be played with children present. You are playing the roll of a big shot gangster and taking out rival gangsters and carrying out assassins for pay. GTA III takes place in what should be New York City but due to its age the old Liberty City doesnt really give you the feel of the Big Apple. GTA IV gives you that feeling. Vice City gives you the feel of playing in Miami Florida and San Andreas is a fictitious state with Los Angeles, San Fransisco and Las Vegas in fictitious forms. You will recognize the landmarks in these games. There are business names and commercials on the radio stations as well as the DJ's talk that is added in for adult targeted humor. All 3 of these games are minimal with bugs and work on older computers with ease. So have fun and play as I try to figure out how to make an Xbox controller work on these games.
on May 12, 2010
checkout this review on grand theft auto triligy set.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 16, 2011
I had not played GTAIII. I have a used copy for my aging PS2, and I've beaten Vice City and San Andreas on PS2, but I wouldn't mind replaying them. Based on that, I thought this game pack with all three is an excellent deal.

GTA III, being the oldest title, has some hardware support issues that I expect I will not run in to with the more modern Vice City and San Andreas games.

GTA III is so old, it supports 3DFX! Direct3D is an option, and does work, but selecting anything other than 640x480x16 causes the game to crash. I would have expected a re-release to be updated to support modern hardware, or what's the point? I don't just happen to have a Pentium II with a Voodoo card laying around....

GTA III runs great, with a few annoying glitches. I run XPSP3 with multi-mon. The game maximizes the window in 640x480x16 without trapping the mouse. Clicking anywhere outside the window causes the program to crash.... therefore, I have to temporarily disable my secondary monitor (Desktop properties, advanced, right-click, de-select "Attached") and then re-enable it later. I usually watch a movie on my secondary, so this is quite annoying. In addition, ALT+TAB, CTRL+ESC or anything that brings up the desktop causes the program to crash. If you have any kind of pop-up that will pre-empt the game, disable it, or you might blow an entire mission due to some innocuous desktop pop-up. Remember: You can't save while in a mission, and you can only save at your "safe house" locations. So I find myself saving OFTEN.

The plus side is that I'll actually beat the game faster, because the load times are so much better than the PS2, with game and save data pulling from the hard drive, which is much better.

I have not played Vice City or San Andreas yet, but I expect that they will play "normally" without the caveats mentioned above.

I wouldn't mind seeing a LC Stories / VC Stories / Chinatown wars pack.
on December 14, 2011
You can't beat the price. You do have to install the nVidea graphics driver if you don't have it already. It is compatible with my logitech dual action controller, and i've gotten hours of play time out of the games. I may be biased because I do adore the GTA series.
on August 24, 2012
I had GTA-Vice City for years and still love it. The free-roam ability to go wherever you want without following a strict storyline was my immediate draw. There's so much to explore, with many choices of land, sea, and air vehicles to use.
I'm still not tired of it and I thought how could anyone top this?
I found this trilogy package on Amazon for a very good price and looked forward to trying out GTA-San Andreas.
If you've spent some time around Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Las Vegas, you'll see some familiar places with different names around the state of San Andreas (like Amoeba Records is Blob Records but same type of logo).
Rockstar Games created a gigantic world for San Andreas and once I overcame my glassy awestruck gaze and lifted my jaw back to its full upright position, I've put in tons of time into it and since the playable character Carl Johnson can swim, I've covered about 80% of the land masses before I can open road access to them through missions somewhere down the line, danced in clubs, gambled in casinos, modified some vehicles into hydraulic-bouncing lowriders, played basketball, worked out in gyms and learned some new fighting moves, found a few girlfriends, bought new clothes, and I'm still at only 15% of the game, according to my stats.
Since this game is so h-u-g-e, it might be wise to back up your game files, and clear your calendar for a few months.
on March 21, 2011
I bought this bundle so i could catch up on the Grand Theft Auto series and i am very happy with this game.
nice graphics,great gameplay, and i got it at a very low price.
on March 19, 2012
Shipped in early, works great. If anyone is looking to mod these games, be aware that the copy of San Andreas included is v 2.0 and is therefore not modifiable. Otherwise great. The graphics drivers on these PC versions are much higher quality than those on the PS2. Set includes a total of 5 discs: Install and Play discs for GTA III and Vice City, and the Install/Play disc- no "s"- for San Andreas. All game maps and manuals are included for GTA III, Vice City, and San Andreas.I would encourage anyone familiar mainly with console controls to purchase a USB controller/adapter as all three games include the option to control the game with both mouse/keyboard controls, and joy-pad.