5.0 out of 5 stars Listen Up Metalheads!
This soundtrack (Volume 1) to the video game Grand Theft Auto: Vice City has many classic 80's metal tracks from the best artists. Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Anthrax, Ozzy, Motley Crue, they're all on here!! A great mixture of both Thrash and Hair metal. This is the best metal compilation to come out in a LOOOONNNGGG time. Buy it now and TURN IT UP!!!
Since amazon...
Published on October 30, 2002 by Lunar Strain

3.0 out of 5 stars Would've given it more stars....
Had they not left off God Bless Video by Alcatrazz. I love that song and I loved cruising around listening to it on the game. This was the only station on there that i listened to. lol. Good stuff. But would've loved to given it more stars had they not left off that one song.
Published on November 11, 2007 by Paul Frehley

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Listen Up Metalheads!, October 30, 2002
Since amazon doesn't have the track listing so here ya go:
01. DJ Lazlow Intro
02. Judas Priest - You've Got Another Thing Comin'
03. Motley Crue - Too Young to Fall in Love
12. Slayer - Raining Blood
13. Tesla - Cumin Atcha Live
14. David Lee Roth - Yankee Rose
15. DJ Lazlow Outro
16. Exlplower (Commercial Skit)
17. Thor (Commercial Skit)

5.0 out of 5 stars VROCK 'TIL YOU DROP!, March 23, 2003
Ozzy Osbourne, Anthrax, Mötley Crüe, Iron Maiden; VROCK is a great heavy metal radio station in Vice City. It also has hilarious radio commercials, and the DJ is cool. Way better than normal radio.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Decade of Metal!!!!!!, June 18, 2004
A Kid's Review
This CD has introduced me to the awesome genre of Heavy Metal! This CD has some serious Hits ranging from Motley Crue and Slayer. Here are my ratings for all the songs.
1. Lazlow(Intro)- 4/5 = Funny intro, you'll probably only listen to it once.
2. Judas Priest/You've Got Another Thing Comin'- 5/5 = This CD is like a Sampler of different metal. This is a great British metal song.
3. Motley Crue/Too Young to Fall in Love - 5/5 = This isn't my favorite Crue song, but its a classic.
4. Megadeth/Peace Sells - 5/5 = This is the first thrash metal song on the album. It's awesome. Mustaine has some serious pipes!
5. Lovefist/Dangerous Bastard - 3.5/5 = Not my favorite but pretty funny.
6. Autograph/Turn Up the Radio - 3/5 = I say this like a 80s pop rock song. It's just not heavy enough for me.
7. DJ Lazlow Halftime - 3/5 = Funny, but once again I'll only listen to it once.
8. Twisted Sister/I wanna Rock - 4/5 = Not heavy, but suprisingly i like it. I love the Chorus. "I wanna Rock! Rock!"
9. Ozzy Osbourne/Bark at the Moon - 5/5 = One of my favorite Ozzy Songs without Sabbath.
10. Anthrax/Madhouse - 5/5 = This is my kind of metal! Heavy and the lyrics make sense. Its for anyone whos ever felt insane!
11. Iron Maiden/2 Minutes to Midnight - 5/5 = Pretty heavy and the lyrics are worth listening to.
12. Slayer/Raining Blood - 5/5 = One of the best songs on the album. This is serious thrash metal. Once you have a liking for this you can call yourself a metalhead!
13. Tesla/Cumin' Atcha Live! - 4.5/5 = I love the song, but for some reason I dont have the urge to listen to it again.
14. David Lee Roth/Yankee Rose - 5/5 = Pretty pop rock, but i love it! It's a good relaxing song to end it off.
15. Lazlow/Outro - 5/5 = A good outro to a good album.
I would say to buy this album, the songs you really like get the album the song is off of.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ehhh..., November 7, 2002
A Kid's Review
Overall, this is a pretty awesome CD. I didn't know they actually had good heavy rock music back in the eighties until I played 'Vice City' and flipped on VRock. The problem, as you will probably notice if you've played 'Vice City', is that this CD leaves out AT LEAST three songs that play on VRock in the game, and three really good ones at that. Amazon doesn't have a tracklisting for this album for some reason, but you can see the tracks on the list provided by the reviewer before me. Note the conspicuous absence of:
The Cult, "She Sells Sanctuary"
Loverboy, "Everybody's Working for the Weekend"
Quiet Riot, "Cum on, Feel the Noize"
In my opinion they should've put those three songs in and dispensed with Lovefist's song since it's not authentic eighties music, anyway, as well as Slayer's and Autograph's, which aren't bad tunes but are, in my opinion, inferior to the three songs I named above.
So that's why I gave this album four stars instead of five. Except for that gripe, I have nothing but praise for this CD. Ozzy's "Bark at the Moon" is probably my favorite song, with Judas Priest's "You've Got Another Thing Coming" and Iron Maiden's "2 Minutes to Midnight" in close second.
Lazlow, even before he had his own chat show, was one cool d00d. "I flunked school cuz I'm hardcore," he says, as he plays his tunes and argues with the occasional caller. I don't know exactly which parts of his performance make it onto the CD, but it's all funny stuff, you can't lose.
The two parody commercials included are pretty amusing, too. 'Exploder' is a movie that satirizes action films, and Thor, well, he's everyone favorite Norse god, and he's come down from Valhalla to give advice to the people of earth. He actually makes a guest appearance on the game's chat station, it's too bad they didn't make a CD for that.
So. Yeah. Awesome tunes, a cool DJ, and a couple funny spoof commercials. I'll take this CD over the real radio any day. Rock on!

5.0 out of 5 stars Get ALL the song from the game!, January 3, 2003
Rico (Vice City) - See all my reviews
Go find MFAudio.exe on the web and rip the stations right off the PS2 game...that way you wont miss any of the songs left out of the CDs for some strange reason.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 80's metal!, July 27, 2003
This is a very good compilation of 80's metal/hard rock.
I bought it here in Spain and the tracklist is a bit different. My disc has 19 songs, although there are 3 songs missing from the game: The Cult "She sells sanctuary", Alcatrazz "God bless video" and Rockstar's Lovefist "Fist fury".
The tracks in my disc are:
1 DJ LAZLOW
17 DJ LAZLOW
18 EXPLODER
19 THOR

5.0 out of 5 stars A Perfect Introduction to '80s Metal, December 14, 2008
I can't think of a better introduction to the hard rock and heavy metal of the '80s than the "V-Rock" OST! Anyone who thinks he or she loves rock or metal should definitely buy this album, as it's almost sacrilege not to know anything of the era of music that formed the transition from Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath to the rock and metal of today.

I HATED "Hair Metal" prior to playing Vice City--that is, everything but Gn'R and Van Halen (I liked Metallica, too, but only their '90s offerings). In my ignorance, I thought this music was queer and stupid. Playing Vice City gave me a completely different perspective on Glam Metal, though.

Laslow, the "D.J." from the game (who makes three appearances on this CD), made the in-game radio station "V-Rock" a blast to listen to, and as I cruised the virtual world of Vice City, I began to appreciate and enjoy the over-the-top beats ("Too Young to Fall in Love," "Turn Up the Radio) and pure shredding ("Raining Blood," "Madhouse") that I heard.

The fact is, most of this music was on the radio while I was either an infant or in utero. But now I have a deep appreciation for the excess (Mötley Crüe) and even self-parody (Twisted Sister) that gave birth to modern heavy metal. Now I know, Metallica of the '90s and today, as fantastic as they are, can NEVER compare to Metallica of Master of Puppets and Ride the Lightening fame--let alone Iron Maiden and Slayer (which I'd never heard of before Vice City!)

If all you think of when you hear "'80s Metal" is Tommy Lee or old guys in make up and spandex, buy this CD and reeducate your virgin ears. If you don't love it inside a week, then it's not much of a loss (SOMEONE you know played Vice City and would love to have this album). But if it starts to grow on you, go buy Gold: '80s Metal (which includes "Cum on Feel the Noize," the only track missing from V-Rock OST), and listen to both on your mp3 player whenever the mood strikes. Before you realize it, you'll be googling the history of metal and building your own Glam Metal playlists!

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth Borrowing, January 2, 2004
By A Customer
This is a pretty good overview of the 80's rock scene. Missing some good stuff, and dude? QUIET RIOT SANG "Come on feel the noise"! Dee Snider couldnt make that up. But if you liked the games sound track, this is worth getting. My favorite station from the game,

4.0 out of 5 stars Keep On Rockin', November 24, 2002
Nick C. (Spencer, MA) - See all my reviews
Before buying Vice City, I had never really looked into 80's rock. After clocking in numerous hours and pushing my PS2 to it's limits, I fell in love with the only worthwhile radio station in the game: V-ROCK. I quickly rushed out to purchase this album and it was probably the best $12.99 I've ever spent. The CD features about 12 hard rock songs from artists like Ozzy Osbourne, Slayer, and David Lee Roth. It also has two humerous commercial skits and a few breaks featuring DJ Lazlow (his real name) that come along every 6 or so songs. However, like all the CDs in this collection, this album is missing four of the best songs from the game. Songs by Quiet Riot and The Cult somehow failed to make it onto this album. It's the only problem I have with this CD. I personally think Rockstar added a little something to 80's history when they brilliantly created a comedy-rock group called Love Fist. The lyrics are funny and the tune is catchy. All in all, you really owe it to yourself to purchase this album if you love any type of rock n' roll.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent album for a game soundtrack., December 27, 2006
Justin Sanders (Escondido, CA. United States) - See all my reviews
I find GTA: VC's soundtrack to be my favorite because it is set back in the 80's when rock n' roll and heavy metal is what it was all about. There are a lot of good bands on this CD which include: Twisted Sister, Motley Crue, Judas Priest, Megadeth, and Anthrax just to name a few.

One of the things I like most about GTA is how beautifully the creators select the songs on the soundtrack. GTA's soundtracks are among the best I have ever seen, only Guitar Heroes I and II can compare. If your a heavy metal fan get ahold of this CD, you won't regret it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Vol. 1: V-Rock
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Vol. 1: V-Rock by Original Soundtrack (Audio CD - 2008)