Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Grand Theft Auto IV Complete and Max Payne 3 Complete bundle [Online Game Code]
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on August 28, 2012
I bought the Steam version and just so you know this is technically 3 games in 1. Just activate once through Steam and you're good to go.
Max Payne 3 - Comes with 3 DLCs; pill bottle item, special edition pack, classic max character, as well as the Disorganized Crime Pack
Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition - features Episodes from Liberty City game.
It's like paying half price for Max Payne 3 and getting GTA4 for free. I'd advise against the Games for Windows Live edition. I've heard horror stories with that and SecuROM DRM.
on September 5, 2012
I'll change this to five stars once they resolve this ridiculous DRM issue, but this has been going on for 2 months with GTA IV and it shouldn't even happen in the first place. Max Payne 3 activated without issue, but it's the Games for Windows Live activation that screws GTA IV up. As it if isn't enough that you have to be logged into Steam, Rockstar Social Club, and GFWL simultaneously, they apparently don't play nice with each other. Why in the hell anyone would even care about being socially engaged in 3 different online communities is beyond me, but maybe I'm different. The way I look at it is GFWL should be set to detect that I'm already logged into Steam, or vice versa, and then the other "service" ought to leave me the hell alone. Rockstar could delete their Social Club and hardly anyone would notice. I've already activated with Steam, but apparently GFWL doesn't trust Steam to actually validate my copy. So now here I am, stuck with a product that won't activate and waiting on Steam and/or GFWL to fix what should have never been broken.

It's possible that it's a recurring issue of Steam not issuing enough CD keys for GTA IV, but whatever the case may be it's unacceptable. Your best bet is to file a trouble ticket with Steam and wait for them to fix it.

***EDIT***

This only got changed to 4 stars because after 2 days Steam finally got back to me, and while the fix worked, it was annoying as hell. I think two days is an unacceptable period of time to tell me how to get the game I bought. Annoyingly, I had to create an XBOX Live account (for some reason, despite already having a Windows Live account), and then use my Steam Code (which I got from using my Amazon code to download the game from Steam) to get the actual CD-KEY. All in all, I had to use Amazon code, to get Steam code, to get actual CD Key. What it comes down to is the game manufacturers are making it harder to activate the game legitimately than they are to steal it. Maybe they ought to rethink their strategy.
VINE VOICEon August 28, 2012
Just get the steam version.... makes everything that much easier... anyways, Max Payne 3.... MP1 was a classic on my pentium, and 2 was ok, but 3 is back, and although a bit linear, still has some great gameplay (check out the Multiplayer). GTA4 - classic open world game... reviews are everywhere... basically getting it for free at the $24 price...
on October 20, 2012
I dont think I need to get into how great of a game Grand Theft Auto 4 is. I already own the game along with the additional episodes for xbox360. I want to get Max Payne 3 and getting the PC version of all the GTA episodes was a added bonus. (Since the PC versions can has custom add ons and such)

I downloaded and installed Max Payne 3 through steam no problem.

When it came to downloading and playing GTA 3. The steam version would not work. I had to go through support for them to tell me I needed to get GTA through "Games for Microsoft Marketplace" it is Microsofts version of steam/ a online game platform.

The game works now but I could have done without getting a new place for games just to play. Especially when it downloads fine through steam. (just the game key would not work) and it could have been mentioned that was the case instead of having users search and struggle to get it working and then have to go through the entire download and install process again.

The games are great and I couldnt stop playing Max Payne for several days until I was done. But I didnt really like the "easy" experience of getting the download code because it did not work.
on August 31, 2012
Money well spent, Played GTA IV on xbox but didn't play any of the expansions for instance Stories of Liberty City so that by itself was enough for me to buy it. Max Payne 3? I remember when this game came out and just based on the trailers I didn't think that much of it. Never played the other Max Payne so was new to the series, but i'm always willing to play a major title game for a very low cost. Have to say Max Payne 3 was probably the best part of the deal. Still playing the campaign but the game is simply awesome and the graphics are just gorgeous, haven't beaten the game yet and i'm already hoping for a Max Payne 4. Have to love Amazon Deal of the Day.
on December 7, 2012
This combination of games pretty much made me give up on PC gaming again.

Maybe it's just me but Rockstar's GTA4 DRM (Steam+Games for Windows Live) made it a hassle to get the CD Keys and saving working.

Max Payne 3 wasn't as bad but it has it's own Rockstar Social Club DRM that prevented me from being able to play for about half a day one time. I know DRM is a necessary evil for PCs but it's a huge bummer when it doesn't work.
on October 11, 2012
At the time of purchase, Max Payne 3 was selling everywhere for $59 and to get it and GTA4 bundled for $24.99 was an awesome deal. These are Steampowered.com games just so you know. MP3 is soooo hard. I have yet to beat it. The DLC for GTA4 that's included in the bundle is pretty cool. This was a great purchase!
on August 9, 2013
I picked this up for $20 during the summer sale and it was worth every penny. Max Payne 3 is a beautiful shooter and flows like butter.

Grand Theft Auto IV is a very fun game as well, and for $20 it's a steal. It plays best with a controller, and it choc-full of RDM, which is a shame. People often complain of it being a shoddy port, but I've yet to have any issues with it. Each one of these games separate are worth $20 easy, and getting them all together at this price is wonderful.
on September 2, 2012
Obviously, getting these games for this price is a great value. But caveat emptor--there is a major catch. And that catch is that anyone buying this bundle has to be prepared to experience a DRM nightmare trying to get GTA IV to run.

I carefully chose the Steam DRM option, like any sensible person, but found that I could not escape the horror of a convoluted install experience. The Steam version of GTA IV still REQUIRES you to log into Games for Windows Live before playing. I discovered after installation on Steam that I was not able to install and log in to this horrible Microsoft program due to several complicated technical glitches and errors.

After more than an hour on various internet forums--these problems are apparently widespread--and numerous restarts I was able to resolve the issue. But I had to manually log in two different product keys on different websites, turn over a small trove of personal information to Microsoft (which I suspect was the real ulterior motive here) and change my network settings.

By the time this was complete I was seriously ready to punch someone and did not even bother to play the game anymore. I went out.

So, in short, great games for a great price, but with a hidden cost. Be ready to spend a lot of time getting one of them to work. Amazon and its partners still have a lot of work to do to make installation of downloadable games smoother if they hope to compete with direct purchasing via Steam.
on August 28, 2012
Grand Theft Auto 4 is pretty old, but still holds up well considering its age. Max Payne 3 is a great game though its a bit linear. It brings back to the heydays of MP1 and MP2 which makes the game seem a little outdated, but the graphics are great and the environmental damages make it a bit more engrossing. For less than half the price of the retail copy of MP3, you get MP3 and 3 DLCs and GTA4 and its DLC which makes it a pretty good deal.