5.0 out of 5 stars Believe the hype!
Published on December 13, 2010 by Tati

2.0 out of 5 stars Did nothing for rash
I got this ointment because my 3 week old daughter had developed a sever diaper rash. I use cloth diapers so I wanted something that would be cloth diaper friendly, I can't really comment on how cloth diaper friendly it was because it did nothing to help my daughters rash. I eventually had to switch to desitin and disposables for a short time to get the rash to clear...
Published on April 27, 2011 by Teusday

5.0 out of 5 stars Believe the hype!, December 13, 2010
Tati (Amherst, MA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Grandma El's Diaper Rash Remedy and Prevention Jar, 3.75-Ounce (Health and Beauty)
I was not hopeful when I ordered this. I only bought it because I needed something that was cloth diaper safe, because I was sick of using liners. Despite using cloth diapers, and changing diapers every 2 hours, my daughter had a near constant red, dry, bumpy bottom. "Some babies just have constant rash" people told me. Every night, I dutifully slathered my daughters bottom with zinc oxide cream (I have seemingly tried them all thanks to baby samples and gifts, we also went through a whole lot). Almost from the moment we started to use Grandma El's her redness cleared right up. I could NOT believe it. I also started to put Grandma El's under her mouth and chin, and the rash she had developed from her constant spittle also cleared up.

Some more pros:

* Smells wonderfully sweet, but not perfume-y.
* Much easier to wipe off your hands than zinc oxide cream.
* Goes on clear.
* A little goes a long way.
* Fully cloth diaper safe!
* Very cute packaging, looks like a boutique baby product.

If you cloth diaper, this is a must have. If you have tried everything and your baby still has redness, give this a try!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't cloth dipe without it!, January 17, 2010
If you are debating about buying Grandma El's-- well, quit debating and just buy it! YOU WONT BE SORRY! My baby has super sensitive skin and Grandma El's protects her better than anything else I have used AND it's cloth dipe friendly! I never have to strip my dipes because if it. (Not even the BG 3.0's!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Grandma Els!, April 24, 2009
I love this. It's great for clearly up rashes quickly. 100% cloth friendly. Also great for eczema, chapped lips and skins, and dry scaling skin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best diaper cream out there., September 26, 2013
I can not tell you enough how awesome this stuff is. It clears rash in 24 to 48 hours. And it is cloth diaper safe!!!!! I have purchased this item for every friend that has had a baby. It even works on chaffing.my brother had a bad rash and it cleared it out over night. I can not cloth diaper or diaper with out this cream!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Well, May 20, 2013
This stuff is thick and very oily so be sure you using it sparingly.
I suggest only using it with disposable diapers and only in extreme cases. Too much will irritate the skin more because it won't dry effectively and it leave the baby's bottom slick and cause more harm than good.
However for very bad diaper rash, a dash of this will do wonders. It soothes on contact and really helps calm the child down which any parents knows can be a huge chore! I have been kept up for hours from a screaming baby....

Don't forget about the mom though! We suffer too. Another baby must I can't do without is nipple cream. Motherlove makes a really great baby-safe formula (Motherlove Nipple Cream + FREE Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion Fragrance Free - 8 oz.) which absorbs quickly and helps heal cracks and soreness from breastfeeding. The same screams come out of my daughter's mouth when she's hungry as when she's irritated so I can't live without cream for her or me!

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST!, August 6, 2013
I don't even know where to start with this product. I guess I will begin by saying my son is 13 months old and has never had a diaper rash. I apply this lightly with diaper changes and his skin is amazing. The scent is delicious and seriously makes his little cheeks smell edible. I have discovered many other uses for this product which Grandma El's may or may not approve of but I can tell you that my dog had dry spots on his skin and Grandma El's took care of it quickly. I had dry cracked skin on my face and Grandma El's made it baby soft overnight. I keep one in my sons room, one in the dresser, and one in the diaper bag. I love this stuff.

4.0 out of 5 stars The best so far, February 14, 2013
Our cloth-diapered son has had persistent issues with diaper rash. Just in case the details are helpful: the rash was not on his bottom, it was on the front of his crotch and a bit around his legs where his diapers rub. It did not seem to be caused by wetness, because it usually improved when he slept in a soaked diaper overnight. The rash got pretty bad (bright red and blistery) over a period of about a month and a half, and this was the third diaper cream we tried. The competitors included:

CJ's BUTTer-- smelled delicious (we had the coconut lime), but didn't really seem to do anything. The stick form was much easier to apply and possibly worked slightly better than the squeeze bottle form.

Earth Mama Angel Baby-- I liked the lavender smell, but my husband didn't. We weren't a fan of the shea butter chunks that didn't spread well and made us feel like we were rubbing grit against our baby's tender bottom. It did seem to help somewhat. I suspect that it may be good at rash prevention, or for healing a minor rash, but it didn't get rid of our rash.

Grandma El's has a pretty mild and inoffensive odor, although I wouldn't call it pleasant. It spreads well and it's easy to get an even, thin coating. It improved my son's rash right away, and cleared it up after a day or two of use. We've been using this product pretty consistently, and we still get frequent rash issues, but the rash never progresses beyond pale pink. So it's not perfect, but compared to what we were dealing with before, this is a big improvement.

We've been using this for about two months and have had zero issues with staining or repelling on our cloth diapers, which are mostly BumGenius Freetimes and Tots Bots Easy Fits (the old kind, with the bamboo instead of the minky).

5.0 out of 5 stars worked like a charm!, June 27, 2014
I originally got this because I read that it is cloth diaper safe. They dont advertise that but so far so good. As for the actual product its amazing. I have been fighting diaper rash for over a month and it just wouldn't stay away. I put this on my baby and in three days a severe rash was nearly gone. Now I use it every couple of diaper changed just to keep her skin protected.

As for the details of the product, it kind of has the consistency of hardened honey except not sticky. Also it WILL melt if left in the heat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome stuff, March 11, 2014
MelanieF (Tennessee, USA) - See all my reviews
This ointment is great. A little goes a long way. It treats diaper rash and prevents it, plus it smells yummy! It does sometimes cause solids to stick to skin, making you work a bit to clean, but not really a big deal to me.
I've only used it for diaper area so far, but hear it can be used in other areas and for other problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have!, March 7, 2014
I used on my dry hands and arms and it was great! Now using on the whole family. I would definately recommend!