Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on March 26, 2012
I bought this book for my wife as she loves this sort of cooking - and she loved the book. Anything that can be cooked in bulk and frozen as well as anything that is a one-pot meal is very welcome in our house. I have to say I was expecting slow-cooking meat and gravy type recipes but this collection is far more eclectic - and there are 25 recipes to choose from. I especially liked the Mexican-style options.

The directions are simple and easy to follow and the addition of 'make ahead' and 'variations' information is very useful.
on April 1, 2012
You cannot find better cookbooks than the ones created by Marg. This is another lovely addition to her Grandma's Best Series. I jump on any new one she has because they never fail to please.

I quickly made a casserole so I could tell about it. I made Stacy's Spanish
Chicken Supreme. It was delicious. I did have saffron and the smell in the kitchen even made the dogs look up.

We love seafood and the next recipe I will fix is the Seafood Supreme. It looks like something I could make for my seafood loving friends and I would get to enjoy the party with them.

Thanks, Marg for another outstanding cookbook for my collection.
on March 29, 2012
Just thinking about casseroles gives me a sense of peace and comfort.

These casserole dishes are wonderfully easy to make, full of flavor, and nicely organized and laid out. Well, we expect that of Marg Ruttan!

What makes these casseroles really special to me though, is that the ones I've tried really bring me back to that time sitting at my grandmothers house - smelling the casserole in the oven - a simpler time.

So far my favorite recipe is the Ham and Asparagus Casserole. It's fresh and healthy, tasty and smells delightful in the oven.
on May 8, 2012
My fanily are big casserole fans but we tend to always do pretty much the same 3 or 4 tried and tested standby recipes so I got this in the hope I'd find some new ideas. And that's exactly what I got - loads of mouthwatering ideas. Really enjoyed the beefy cheese pasta bake and Swiss steak with gravy. Love the sound of the honey mustard chicken - planning to try that this week. These recipes are simple to follow and give great results.
on March 29, 2012
This is an wonderful collection of twenty-five tasty and delicious casserole recipes.

Reading through the recipes was kind of nostalgic, I saw several that reminded me of the casseroles my mom used to make when I was little. The one recipe that really grabbed my attention was the 'Beefy Cheese Pasta Bake'. My mom fixed something very similar to this all the time when I was growing up and it was great. I couldn't resist and tried the author's recipe. It turned out every bit as good as I hoped it would!

The author provides clear and easy to understand directions for each recipe in this collection. It is obvious the author cooked and tested each recipe offered which further increased my confidence in being able to produce a successful dish my family would enjoy.

Good collection of recipes that includes a wide assortment of dishes, easy-to-follow instructions for wholesome, stick-to-the-ribs, comfort food.

Very Highly Recommended!
on March 27, 2012
We used to eat a lot of casseroles in my family but I've never actually made one myself. This is the first book that I am getting with casserole recipes and it turned out to be easier than what I expected. Marg Ruttan has laid out the recipes and the directions in a very easy to follow manner so I just followed to the letter a few of the recipes and they came out really delicious. My current favorite is the Cranberry Glazed Turkey (love turkey, love cranberries so I was naturally drawn to this recipe) but I'm just starting so I am sure that will change.

The recipes are easy to follow as I said, there is a clickable table of contents for easy browsing and the recipes I tried came out wonderful so this book gets my highest recommendation.
on October 8, 2012
I have a cookbook that my Mom gave me when I moved out. The recipes go back to a time when there were no short cuts. Everything was fresh and you tasted the dish as it was meant to be. This cookbook brings back that time. I already have made several of the recipes and my son and daughter-in-law loved them. Some of the recipes take a little longer to fix but it is worth it!
on April 8, 2013
I was not impressed with the book, maybe I expected more. The recipes might be ok for new cooks, I guess I have made or have similar cookbooks. You may find just the one recipe you have not use. It does give your some idea of what to take to a potluck
on March 28, 2012
I just bought this book and looked through the recipes, and I have to say, this is a great book full of great recipes. I will be trying a bunch of these recipes over the next month or so. If you like casseroles at all, you have to pick this book up!
on March 27, 2012
Excellent Casserole Recipes! A Keeper! Perfect for my cookbook collection.

I really like the variety and simplicity of these casserole recipes. I have been rediscovering my cooking skills after getting married last year. But I believe in keeping things simple and I don't think a meal has to be complicated to taste good and be healthy.

These recipes are simple and easy to prepare and yet some almost have a gourmet flare. I especially love the Crab & Snow Peas with Pasta. My husband likes the Pork Chops with Mushrooms.

Happy eating - I will be checking out Grandma's other recipe books for sure!