5.0 out of 5 stars Incomplete Version of an Excellent Book!
I gave this book 5 stars - when it comes to Golden Books, it's one of the best. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for this most recent edition.

I own the original printing of Grandpa Bunny, but it is in rough shape, so I decided to purchase an updated copy.

Published on April 19, 2011 by Mork From Ork

3.0 out of 5 stars Kids like this book!
I rate a kids book on whether it is one they like. They definitely like this one.
Published on June 20, 2010 by Seymar

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Incomplete Version of an Excellent Book!, April 19, 2011
This review is from: Grandpa Bunny (Little Golden Book) (Hardcover)

Upon receiving the 2007 Random House edition, I was dismayed to see that not only were the colors somewhat washed-out (which is to be expected with these cheaper reprints), but several of the beautiful illustrations had been removed!

Why the editors at Random House chose to exclude certain illustrations is beyond me - the strength of this book is in its brilliant visuals - the whole reason I bought it in the first place!

I will most definitely return my order in favor of purchasing an older, unedited copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Gift for any child, especially one who is grieving., October 10, 2009
This review is from: Grandpa Bunny (Little Golden Book) (Hardcover)
This was one of my absolute favorite books as a child. I can recall my mother requesting to "please read something different for a change." But I adored Grandpa Bunny and always will. Oddly enough, it's delightful, even though it's about death.

The books is the story of Grandpa Bunny, a delightful patriarch who teaches his adoring brood to decorate nature. Knowing he will "go away" he prepares a surprise (a sunset). Only the youngest bunnies know of the surprise, and knowing about this new beauty in the sky makes them hopeful while grownup bunnies are sad. When the sunset comes, all the bunnies are comforted.

I re-read this book to my own adult self when I lost my Grandfathers. And, I keep a stash to give to children when they loose a grandparent. Definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must-Have little book, March 27, 2007
Rebecca Oglesby (Clifton, KS United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Grandpa Bunny (Little Golden Book) (Hardcover)
This little book is a classic: poignant, touching and beautiful. A memorable story that teaches respect and love for elders, that will grab little ones' attention and have you re-reading it for yourself. My kids grew up on it and I bought a new copy for the grandkids; I was so glad to find it still in print.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandpa Bunny, August 26, 2009
This review is from: Grandpa Bunny (Little Golden Book) (Hardcover)
This is one of my favorite childhood memories, sitting by my dad while he read this story to me. The colors in the pictures are beautiful. Just a gentle tale of love.
I purchased two copies, one for each of my boys who are in their 30's so they can read
it to their children.

5.0 out of 5 stars So many wonderful things about this book!, June 6, 2007
This review is from: Grandpa Bunny (Little Golden Book) (Hardcover)
The illustrations are enchanting. The story tells of Grandpa Bunny who loves to tell stories to the children in the evening. Grandpa also teaches the bunnies about the value of hard work and is always looking for new ways to make the forest more beautiful...he teaches them to paint the autumn leaves and the spring flowers.

But the thing that really stands out is that the story helps to explain Death to children in a very lovely way. As long as you belong to a Faith that believes in an Afterlife, this book will help you explain to children that we never really die--part of us goes on.

I had this book when I was a child. After Grandpa Bunny dies, the little bunnies are not so sad because they see his work each evening--Grandpa Bunny paints the sunsets. Every time I see a sunset, I think of Grandpa Bunny and of my loved ones that are no longer here. Grandpa Bunny gets a lot of help with those sunsets. ;)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, But Actual Reprint Of Old Golden Book Edition Would Be Better, July 10, 2014
fred ef1 (los angeles california) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Grandpa Bunny (Little Golden Book) (Hardcover)
Book is a reprint of an old 50's or 60's book and really lacks the colors from the old one...kind of dull actually. Might even be missing some pages that the old one had. Sad about that. Still it is a nice story...just wish they would get the colors & content right.

4.0 out of 5 stars Favorite book, June 18, 2014
This review is from: Grandpa Bunny (Little Golden Book) (Hardcover)
I loved this book when I was younger and bought a copy to share with my children. It's still a beautiful story and would make a great gift around Easter.

5.0 out of 5 stars I read it as a child, and I've read it to my children and grandchildren., June 14, 2014
This review is from: Grandpa Bunny (Little Golden Book) (Hardcover)
This book was brand new, as far as I could tell. It is the sweetest story about nature's beauty and a charming way to tell kids the story of generations and inevitable change. Very colorful pictures with a story about loving families. A classic....

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect Easter book, June 2, 2014
This review is from: Grandpa Bunny (Little Golden Book) (Hardcover)
this is a wonderful little book. I remember loving it as a child. The pictures are beautifully drawn and the text is engaging for a child

5.0 out of 5 stars This was my mother's favorite story book to read out loud to us, so it was always special., May 27, 2014
This review is from: Grandpa Bunny (Little Golden Book) (Hardcover)
I was so delighted to find this book available through amazon.com. I have never seen it for sale where other Little Golden Books are sold, so I figured it was out of print. It is a wonderful story, one I have remembered for 50+ years. The only thing some parents might not like about it is the fact that Great Grandpa Bunny Bunny is shown smoking a pipe, pretty much throughout the book. But he is depicted with a pipe on the cover, so anyone think about buying it will, hopefully, know what they are getting and have no reason for complaint.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Grandpa Bunny (Little Golden Book)
Grandpa Bunny (Little Golden Book) by Jane Werner Watson (Hardcover - January 23, 2007)
$3.99 $3.59