Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on August 6, 2013
Great product with a good finish and looks strong even if it is made with light plastic.

I cancelled my land line as they were charging $30 per month. I went with voip-ms and now it costs me $1 per month plus 1 cent per minute. I will probably save about $25 per month with this device, so it will pay for itself within only 1 month.

Physical installation is very simple, just plug it to the router and plug a phone to it. However, configuration is tricky if you are not knowledgeable with the technology and the terminology. Basically you configure the ATA by setting the account number, password and server ip address that voip-ms (or other provider) gives you. You access the ATA with a computer by typing ip address in your browser. You can obtain its ip address by dialing *** with your phone or look at the setting that your router assigned to the ATA.

Voice quality is excellent. It sounds just like my wired line. I actually connected the ATA to a phone plug in my room so that all phone plugs work around the house. Make sure you disconnect your "house" from the wired line coming from your landline provider. It is a small box-connector near the electricity consumption meter.
on November 27, 2015
I generally know what I'm doing with things like this and I was able to hook the device up to my home internet and reach the browser console quickly. I have a subscription to a SIP service and I can make calls through it with a softphone app on my PC. BUT I was not ever able to get this HT701 to register with the service. The browser app is atrocious, all you can hope to do is enter in your SIP account credentials amongst the dozens of unexplained other options and tell the thing to reboot. If it doesn't hook up to the SIP service you won't have a clue as to why.

I returned it and got a CiscoSPA112 for about the same price. Much simpler user interface and it registered on the first try, I can place and receive calls through it with no problem.
There's not much to see here -- as in this thing is tiny. Obvious choice if you're traveling, but also an obvious choice of you're looking to have VoIP service and don't want to take up a lot of space on your desk. Even has mounting holes to stick it on a wall or backboard (which is exactly what I do with my networking devices).

Configuration is easy, although this particular package does not come with documentation. You must visit the Grandstream web site and download the PDF. Documentation is acceptable, but if you are new to VoIP, budget some time to get acquainted with it. You may find help in your VoIP provider's set-up guides, even if they don't specifically have documentation for this particular model.

The web interface is simple and speeds deployment. There's also a command line telnet interface.

Two issues I had with it, one is that the DHCP client on it doesn't offer a way to release the IP without burning down the entire config (it was my fault it ended up with that IP in the first place). The bigger issue is that the ordering of preferred encoding profiles doesn't necessarily work well with my provider. I had to hard set everything to one specific codec in order to get audio on outbound calls. I don't know if this is a provider issue or an issue related to this unit, but if you buy it and have problems with your audio on outbound calls, try that.

Five stars though; can't beat the price nor the performance. This unit replaces my trusty InterEdge that died an untimely death during a thunderstorm. There would have been a bit of a funeral, but after seeing the Grandstream in action, the Interedge was tossed into the trash and quickly forgotten. Love can be so fickle.
on May 9, 2015
The HT701 is a good ATA. However, the unit that was shipped to me from Biddeal via amazon was not as described. The unit that was shipped was not an unlocked unit, but was locked to BasicTalk. I wanted to program the HT701 to work with my Asterisk PBX and since it was "locked" there was not password that works and it could not be reprogrammed. The fact that it was a BasicTalk version is nowhere advertised the in product description. I have returned it to amazon.
on December 2, 2015
These look a little cheap... but they are after all pretty inexpensive. Small and lightweight. Installed in a professional environment where additional FXS ports where needed. The device as many options for SIP configuration if you're in to tweaking. In my case I just programmed the server, user, and password. We were able to connect a couple of analog lines that needed to stay analog (cordless phones). Also used them to connect to Viking RAD-1A to interface a VOIP phone system to a PA system. Has good ring voltage and works good as an FXS.
on June 15, 2014
Working in a call center with a SIP based dialer, this little guy makes it super easy to tap into that phone system and monitor my agents on the move with a standard cordless phone.

I have since bought an 8 port system from the same company and it works like a champ.

Giving it 4 stars because the UI could use a revamp to simplify or reword the configuration. But not a deal breaker by any means, still a great product.
on January 30, 2013
Easy to configure for Callcentric VOIP service, $1.95 a month for a DiD local phone number. Plug the box into your router, and plug a regular or cordless landline phone into the small jack. No high dollar Vona$e or MJ fees.

This is a single line version. The HT-702 is a two-liner.

Fast Prime shipping, no sales tax, can't beat it.
on June 3, 2015
Using this with RingRoost.com and tied it into my office phone system. I can call the office from my Grandstream GXP1405 just by dialing 102. The office can call me just by picking up line 11 and dialing 101. No per minute cost either since the calls stay on RingRoost.com system. Easy to setup. No issues. I've had it a few months and I haven't had to unplug it or reset it.
on July 1, 2015
Lots of options in the web interface. I've been using it for about a year now with no complaints. I have only had it hooked up to one phone on a short cord, but I'm interested in hooking it up to multiple phones that don't have additional power/amplification. I'm interested to see if it has adequate power to drive these other phones.
on May 31, 2015
I used this to connect a fax to a VOIP-only phone setup. Setup was not straightforward since almost every VOIP provider's instructions reference older revisions of the device's firmware, and I had to guess at some settings. Now sending and receiving faxes works fine. I was also worried this could be a firmware-locked device. Not the case.