1.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice but buggy code forced me to return 100+ phones, November 11, 2013
DENNIS OBRIEN (Trophy Club, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Grandstream GXP2100 4 Lines Business Phone (Office Product)
I used these with an Asterisk system. I liked the physical design, the feel, the sound quality, and the price. But we soon started experiencing phone lock-ups, intermittent one-way speech (and not just due to problems with the SIP provider at the beginning of a call), missed call terminations, etc. Almost immediately I got to spend time troubleshooting, getting out WireShark and doing call captures to find out why the PBX was not working right, and it all pointed at the Grandstream phones. After several months of fighting with the company that sold us the phones, they agreed to replace the Grandstream phones with Polycom phones, and the problems were resolved.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cannot recommend Grandstream., February 11, 2012
We used this and several other Grandstream voice and video phones for about a year before giving up on them.

Grandstream phones are about the lowest cost IP phones available.

They will work as a basic voip phone, for dialing and receiving calls.

That is about all I can say that is positive about them.

If you want to use ALL the latest VoIP and PBX features, Grandstream will leave you wanting.

The firmware is buggy and features often don't work correctly. And Grandstream support is non-existant.

Our voip provider voiSip.com (highly recommended) suggested the brand Yealink instead.

Roughly the same price, but wow, what a difference. Everything works perfectly now.

Avoid Grandstream.