5.0 out of 5 stars Roasting Pan Envy
Wow, pan is so deep and large even our largest turkey would fit! Great finish for easy cleanup. This pan will be used over and over again during the holidays and during canning season. A family keeper for sure.
Published on January 6, 2008 by Heather M.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not your grandma's roaster
Published on June 25, 2010 by Lu Serio

1.0 out of 5 stars Not your grandma's roaster, June 25, 2010
Lu Serio (Union City, NJ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Granite Ware 0511-3 Covered Rectangular Roaster 21.25 by 14 by 8.5-Inch (Kitchen)
I received this roaster with both handles from the top piece hanging from the handles of the lower piece. The handles were tack welded on and easily came off in shipment. Why not rivet the handles to the roaster halves? Speaking of the roaster, the metal is thin and flexed the sides of the roaster when I picked up the bottom half by the handles. In addition, I found plenty of paint flakes in the box so the paint probably won't last long and will lead to rust. Too bad. Doesn't it seem like company executives stop thinking as consumers while they obsess on new ways of reducing the bottom line?

5.0 out of 5 stars Roasting Pan Envy, January 6, 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars Roasting Pan, December 18, 2007
This is exactly what I hoped it would be when I ordered it. It's large enough to hold the biggest turkey I'll ever buy! I also received it in record time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Xtra Lg rectangular covered roaster - Made in Mexico!, November 18, 2009
REAL Granite Ware is made in the USA and have "USA" embossed under the lid handle! The quality problems reported by other reviewers on this roaster (sharp edges, poor lid handle, thin material) are due to the fact that it is made in MEXICO for Columbia Home Products of Indiana (as is the rack for it.) Rack: Granite Ware 13.5 Inch V-Rack. This rack does NOT FIT any other Granite Ware roasters that Amazon carries - even tho it is short in length, it only fits this 21" roaster.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor packaging results in damaged product, November 22, 2009
Slowflyer (O'Fallon, MO) - See all my reviews
The pan is large and spacious and I was excited to finally be getting something that would handle a variety of large food preparation tasks. However, the cardboard separators between the bottom and the lid were not secured in place, so during shipment, they slipped into the bottom, and the lid wore the coating right off of the pan. Now I have a brand new item that will rust whenever I use it for anything. This company has no business being in internet sales if they do not choose to protect their product in shipment.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor lid handle design, August 22, 2009
Lid handles do not clear the bottom part of the roaster properly, causing scraping and chipping of the enamel along the edge as well
as poor seating!
What's with the angled handles anyway???

4.0 out of 5 stars Cooking the turkey, December 21, 2007
Faced with needing to cook an eighteen pound turkey and not having an adequate roaster, we set out to find one. Rather than drive around spending a day and $30 on gas we went on-line. We had a similar but smaller Granite Ware roaster for many years so we were favorably familiar with the product. One reviewer commented on the light weight. It is considerably lighter than the first one, but after using it twice, this has not been a negative. In fact, saving a couple of pounds makes it easier to manage. The width dimension does not include the handles. Our oven is 22 1/2" and we still are just able to get it in by placing it diagonally.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Holiday Turkeys!!!, December 7, 2011
This is by far the best roaster I have found for a reasonable price. I needed a really big roaster for my Thanksgiving and Christmas turkeys, as I always cook a 23+ pound bird. But since I only need it for these 2 holidays I did not want to spend a fortune either. This pan is perfect! I had a 24 pound bird this year and there was plenty of room to put all the extra stuffing around the turkey. And everything stayed in the pan, not boiling over in the oven!!! Everthing was cooked evenly and delicious!!! AAAA++++ on this one!

3.0 out of 5 stars Size does count, December 19, 2010
Be aware that advertised dimensions are overall external size, the actual inside dimension is 16 x 11-1/2 inch. If you need an extra-large pan this may not be what you are looking for. Otherwise it is a medium quality roaster as advertised.

4.0 out of 5 stars More than just a turkey roaster, August 16, 2011
I bought this product about 5yrs. ago. I LOVE this thing. I am a missionary in a small rural area. I have used this to wash my dishes (one part holds the soapy water-the other the clear water). You cannot do this with the oval ones with the handle on the top. I also use it to wash my clothes. A washing board fits in it very nicely. I use it to cook over open fires. I have heaped firey coals on top to act as an oven. I have bathed my children in it. I have even taken quite a good sponge bath with it myself. I have used it to cook enourmous portions of vegetables for canning. This "turkey roaster" is my most prized possession. It is part of my "disaster preparedness kit". I store my important papers in a plastic envelope inside of it. I praise this thing so much that people put it on their wedding "wish lists". Which is why I am buying two more!!!

Rate and Discover Movies