4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous Crochet
Published 10 months ago by rose thyme

3.0 out of 5 stars Wish I would have waited
Published 10 months ago by Amanda Gauthier

3.0 out of 5 stars Wish I would have waited, October 10, 2013
This review is from: Granny Squares: 20 Crochet Projects With a Vintage Vibe (Paperback)
I bought this book before there were reviews. I really wish I would have waited as the first review points out that this is in UK terms. There is a conversion chart, but it's kind of a time suck to have to convert the patterns. Also, the first 30 pages are just full length pictures of the projects, which seems a bit like a waste of space. I would have preferred to just have each picture at the beginning of the pattern (which they also include), which makes me think they were just trying to fill up more space in the book. The projects look beautiful and like they'd be a lot fun. It would have been nice if they'd included charts, since that's the universal crochet language :) Once I have the time, I'll have to convert one of the patterns and give it a try. Until then, it'll go on the shelf.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous Crochet, October 8, 2013
rose thyme (Fernandina Beach, FL) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
The projects in this book are beautiful, and the overall instructions are quite helpful. There is a nice variety of projects, and I want to make several of them, no doubt. I waited anxiously for this book, and think I will use it often. The only reason I gave it four stars is that the copy I got uses UK terminology for stitches. There is a conversion chart, but I will have to remember to convert to US stitches. Otherwise, beautiful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, October 21, 2013
This is a good book with some interesting patterns. I do feel this is a book more suited to beginners. It is well done and shows the color and detail to inspire anyone to begin a project.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book!, February 15, 2014
Just to be able to look at the photos alone in this book makes it worth the price of the book. I wish I could sit and crochet all day from patterns in this book. Everything is so darned happy that you just smile as you turn the pages. I love granny squares and this is a great book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Granny Squares: 20 Crochet Projects with a Vintage Vibe, November 14, 2013
This book is so full of colorful projects! I love just thumbing through it to look at the beautiful projects!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great ideas, incorrect patterns, July 12, 2014
blightheavy (Dallas, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This has gorgeous designs. However, if you're a seasoned crocheter, you'll be more than a little peeved at the incorrect stitch names. Page 39 gives the beginner a detailed explanation of how to do a slip stitch, double crochet, treble crochet and double treble. The only one that is correct is the slip stitch! A double crochet as described in the book is actually a true single crochet. Treble crochet in the book is actually a double crochet, and so on. So if you're going by the patterns in the book as a seasoned crocheter, your eyebrows will be furrowing when you see that your stitches look nothing like the photo. That's because they're wrong. :) So for the beginner (or the expert) if you're using these patterns, remember that dc = sc, tr = dc, dtr = tr. So frustrating! But once you figure out that aside from chains and slip stitches you'll need to do one less step than the pattern suggests, you'll be making some GORGEOUS squares. The hexagon patterns are my favorite.

5.0 out of 5 stars So many cute ideas, April 26, 2014
I gave this book to a friend as a gift (even though I wanted to keep it for my own). She is just beginning to crochet and by that evening had made 5 squares already. She said she really likes the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book but...., April 22, 2014
This is a great book but you should know that almost all of the patterns shared in this book are centered around the granny square pattern on the front cover. Like pillows, table mat, stool cover....all with the same pattern. me, it's okay. I doubt I'll ever make any of those other things and I wish there had been more afghan granny's in the book.
But that main pattern is so gorgeous, that for me, I'm okay about spending the money.
If I had read a review like the one I am writing, I might have paid for the download of this pattern rather than the book. Or used one very similar that is free on Lion Brand Web site.
Hope this review is helpful. The blanket is really beautiful!

5.0 out of 5 stars HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY, March 12, 2014
I have been a follower of Sue's blog for a few years now so when I seen she published this book I couldn't wait to buy it. Very happy with the book with her tutorials which are easy to understand as I do consider myself still a beginner with crochet since I had to take some crafting time off do to arthritis it's like starting over again. Great pictures and detail. Sue is always happy to answer any questions either on her blog or Facebook. Love you Sue and so happy for your success !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars granny squares, March 10, 2014
Great book with so many different styles of the age old granny square.Easy direction and diagrams with beautiful color pictures !!

Granny Squares: 20 Crochet Projects With a Vintage Vibe
Granny Squares: 20 Crochet Projects With a Vintage Vibe by Susan Pinner (Paperback - October 8, 2013)
$19.95 $14.32