5.0 out of 5 stars Less T&A This Round, More Plot
Argueably a great series. While the first volume had a few moments of unecessary T&A, I found it hilarious. With the second volume more character development is done and the plot thickens.

Personally, I'm happy I bought the series; not only because it rules and is insanely funny, but also because I'd like to learn to draw myself.

Originally I...
Published on July 23, 2005 by S. Snyder

2.0 out of 5 stars OUT OF CHARACTER CHARACTERS
Published on September 22, 2006 by Sesho

2.0 out of 5 stars OUT OF CHARACTER CHARACTERS, September 22, 2006
Sesho (Pasadena, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gravion Zwei, Vol. 2: Esoteric Truths (DVD)
In the first episode of Volume 2, the Gran Knights get a semi-break as they track a Zeravire presence to an island amusement park. Since they're there, they might as well enjoy themselves as they look around. But after this enjoyable and light-hearted episode, things get a bit more dramatic, or in my opinion, a bit sillier and more boring. Straight up out of the blue, Mizuki reveals herself to be a spy for the EFA and was only around to steal Gravion technology for use in constructing its own fleet of powerful mecha. We also learn who Sandman really is and where he came from in a confusing and rambling fashion that leaves you just as much in the dark as before. As the volume progresses, even more Gravion pilots are lost, leaving the team crippled and unable to defend Earth against the Zeravire menace!

Volume 2 of Gravion Zwei tried in vain to walk a line between melodrama and stupidity and fell into an abyss that it might never crawl out of. Most of the characters display emotions and actions that are completely out of character, such as Sandman crying like a pitiful baby, or Mizuki betraying her comrades, or Ena suddenly becoming a superbrave heroine. It just didn't add up. Add to this the totally uncomprehensible tale of Sandman's past and an EFA mecha that uses a giant soccer ball to attack the Zeravire and this 2nd dvd is a complete disaster. I much preferred the first series when nothing was explained at all about anyone or anything. In giving the show a little background, and it adding new characters, they have exploited almost every anime cliche.

5.0 out of 5 stars Less T&A This Round, More Plot, July 23, 2005
This review is from: Gravion Zwei, Vol. 2: Esoteric Truths (DVD)

Originally I bought the first volume because the sound track hooked me. Yeah, it's a goofy story but the songs wouldn't get out of my head.

Anyway, go out on a limb and buy volume 1. If you already have it and love it, then volume 2 won't disappoint you.

That's enough mindless pro-sales pitch crap from me... go away :) Peace. ~~Scuba

Gravion Zwei, Vol. 2: Esoteric Truths
Gravion Zwei, Vol. 2: Esoteric Truths by Artist Not Provided (DVD - 2005)
$29.98 $18.94