'Time and again she pierces the veil of complacency and brings the reader face to face with the deepest levels of existence.'
- Church Times'At the twilight of a century whose accelerated history has led to the rise and fall of so many idols, this book increasingly appears like a message from eternity.'
- Gustave Thibon'One of the most profound religious thinkers of modern times.'
- The Twentieth Century, 1961'We must simply expose ourselves to the personality of a woman of genius, of a kind of genius akin to that of the saints.'
- T. S. Eliot'The light Simone shines makes everything seem, at once, reasurringly recognizable and so luminous as to be heavenly.'
- Malcom Muggeridge'In France she is ranked with Pascal by some, condemned as a dangerous heretic by others, and recognized as a genius by all.'
- New York Times Book Review'The best spiritual writer of this century ... she said it was her vocation to stand at the intersection of Christians and non-Christians. She thus becomes the patron saint of all outsiders.'
- André Gide
Text: English (translation)
Original Language: French
--This text refers to an alternate