Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on October 17, 2011
I've been a long time bachelor and my apartment has received little to no love in the cleaning department. I usually just wait to do until its time for my once a year spring cleaning which can take a full weekend due to some of the grease and grime that accumulates.

So now my girlfriend is moving in and we are currently "debachelorizing" my apartment... (a.k.a. cleaning) I bought this product on a whim from a local supplier and it worked so well I decided to come on here and write a review. There were layers of caked on grease all around my stove. A few squirts of this stuff, allow 15 seconds for it to work (foam up) then use something like a Dobie cleaning pad (rough part of the sponge) and dry it with a paper towel the results made her giddy. A job that usually took me a full weekend with a bucket of soapy water and a sponge took 2 hours with this product. I'll probably be a life long customer now that I know it can be used as a laundry pretreatment as well.

UPDATED REVIEW:
As an update I had to stop using this on the stove top because it ended up damaging it in a somewhat noticable location. Not a big deal but I thought I'd warn you guys that this doesn't make a good stove cleaner. It still does a great job cleaning but just becareful what surfaces you use it on.
22 comments| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 30, 2012
I was introduced to Greased Lightning several years ago when I was looking for a good product to clean my kitchen walls before painting. It is highly multi-purpose and just about eliminates 'scrubbing' completely. I use it to clean all my tubs, showers and porcelain sinks, stove and any other surface in the kitchen prone to build-up. In addition, it works amazingly well on tire rims (it's the one cleaning product that the man of the house likes to borrow and not return). The beauty in Greased Lightning is that you need only spray, let sit for 5 minutes or less then wipe clean. Hard to remove build-up like soap scum, hard water residue, kitchen grease, etc. literally melt away. You may throw out all those bathroom cleaners and multi-purpose products that tout miraculous performance only to disappoint. Scrubbing Bubbles? Please! I've yet to have a bubble scrub my tub. Greased Lightning will not disappoint. Try it and you will wonder how you ever managed a home without it. This is particularly great for those of us with bad backs. I spray it all over my tubs and showers, wait a few minutes and lightly run one of those long handled shower scrubbers over the surface, rinse and poof you're done without ever having to bend your back or get down on your knees. Love it.
33 comments| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2011
I purchased a bottle of Greased Lightning spray when I found out it could be used as a laundry pre-treatment. My budget was tight at the time so I was forced to used a cheaper detergent that didn't get tough stains out. I found that Greased Lighting got stains out as well as the commercial products marketed solely as laundry treatments. It's also great for cleaning appliances, countertops, and many other surfaces throughout the house. I find that it is reasonably priced and saves money since it does the job of several cleaning products. I definitely recommend this product to those who want to clean effectively and economically.
on May 21, 2013
Im a housewife and as such have used almost every cleaning product out there. My husband brought this home from a home building supply store, having used it at work for yrs and introduced me to it. This hands down is one of the best cleaning products out there. If they sold this in gallons id be buying it. I use it several times a week on various cleaning areas throughout my house.

We bought a "new to us" home that needed lots of deep cleaning. I literally went thru almost 10 spray bottles of the orange blast formulation. It had a pleasant citrus smell and most important it didnt burn my skin on my hands or irritate my eyes. I didnt have to open the windows or wear a mask like other caustic chemicals that I thought I'd have to use. I would just spray and let stand a few minutes and scrubbed with a kitchen sponge (the kind with a scrubbing pad on one side) It is my go to cleaner for deep cleaning and stains, plus side you can use as a pretreament for laundry!

1. grease on kitchen cabinets, stove and range hood
2. soap scum around tub and track from sliding glass doors on shower
3. laundry pretreatment
4. cleans outdoor patio furniture, outdoor plastic kids toys and play structures
5. general car cleaning (i.e tires,rims,etc)
6. outdoor grime off the window caulking and doors
7. cleans the grill and any burnt on food
8. all purpose garage cleaner
44 comments| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 23, 2013
Greased Lightning is an excellent cleaner for removing brake dust from wheels, cleaning latex paint from brushes and spot cleaning stains on clothing. My concern is when I use it I frequently experience pealing skin on my fingers. This has happened several times and recently I have traced the pealing back specifically to Greased Lightning. After becoming convinced of the cause of my problem, I checked the internet for ingredients in Greased Lightning. On the Material Safety Data Sheet for the product three components are listed as Hazardous Ingredients (Google Greased Lightning skin irritation see below). As I searched for information about the product, I saw it described as the strongest household cleaner on the market, but it is apparently too strong for my hands. I love the product, and I hope I am only one experiencing this problem.
Hazardous Ingredients: 1. Sodium Hydroxide (caustic soda)
2. Butoxyethanol 3. Glycol Ether
44 comments| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 8, 2011
This is one of the strongest cleaning products on the market. When other cleaners fail Greased Lightening comes to the rescue. I use it on the stovetop, for scuff marks, cleaning refrigerator, grimy window ledges, outdoor furniture, and many more...
on May 19, 2012
I've tried everything from heavy duty mold and mildew remover to "green" mold remover aka vinegar, baking soda, lemon and the mold on the bathtub caulk won't come out. I was about to recaulk the bathtub since I was unable to remove the mold when my aunt recommended this product from her "maid"... This stuff removed all the mold off the caulk!!! It's amazing stuff. Eventhough it does not say mold remover, it does the job anyway. Highly recommended.
on January 21, 2011
This is far and above the best cleaner I have used! It removes almost anything from countertops, showers, tubs, and floors! It is also handy for cleaning jewelry - just a little on a rag or directly onto the jewelry makes it look brand new (from silver jewelry to fine jewelry). I would highly recommend this product to anyone who is having a hard time with hard water, old stains, or other hard-to-clean problems. I wish it was available more widely, as this should be a must for anyone who likes a clean home!
on November 19, 2011
This chemical stew is what you need is the job is tough. I've been using it for years with good results. It dissolves just about everything. I even clean the screens in my espresso machine with it, because nothing else cuts the coffee oils like this does. Also if there is smoke on mirrors, glass, etc, this is a good cleaner to use BEFORE you try your window cleaner, it will save you a lot of elbow grease in the end.
on February 25, 2014
I first used Greased Lightning when my MIL moved out of the in-law suite where she lived for 8 years & smoked a lot. I sprayed the window trim, the walls, every surface... it was working so well on the built up smoke that it sounded like a fresh Coke that someone just dropped ice into... the bubbling up sound was intense! It was stripping 8 years of smoke as it ran down the walls. It was dark brown- like Coke! It was AMAZING! (gross, but amazing!) After washing both rooms & the bathroom with Greased Lightning we never smelled smoke in there again.
Recently I had to clean some wooden measuring cup & spoon holders that had been on my mother's kitchen counter for 25-30 years next to the electric skillet. A lot of grease built up on them, mixed with dust, and just soap & water wasn't working. I soaked them in Greased lightning for about 4 hours & then rubbed them smooth with a wash cloth. Grease & gunk GONE. : )