Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on September 11, 2008
Kohl's latest and greatest book, Great American Artists for Kids is superb. As an elementary classroom teacher for many years, I have used lessons from her Discovering Great Artists and found them very appealing for the students and easy-to-use for teachers. Her latest book is also outstanding. There is a brief background on each artist, a concise list of materials needed, and the lesson process clearly and concisely written. Many examples of student art resulting from the lessons are featured...and it's all in COLOR! Internet Sites, definitions of Art Words, Art Styles with references to the artists, a comprehensive Chart of Contents and index result in a five-star book!!
Kathy Whitmer, Washington State
on September 1, 2008
This book is an easy-to-follow, accessible way for children to learn about American art. Parents, teachers, and caregivers will enjoy exploring their children's creativity through these hands-on experiences.
on May 1, 2015
The book itself is great but getting it digitally this time was awful! It shuts down after two pages, I can't see the images with any of the print, I wasn't able to download it to my computer which is where I really need it for lesson planning and I am so frustrated I wish I would have bought a real copy of the book. If there is anyway to help me hopefully Amazon will, don't let me down!
on August 19, 2008
Great American Artists for Kids is a wonderful book that can easily be applied across the curriculum to support other disciplines. Not only do our students learn about American heritage and the artists that have created it; but they can explore the techniques and methods of those artists. We find that the projects in the book fit into most areas of study and are relatively inexpensive. The best thing about the book is that it introduces our students to the artists they are most likely to encounter in life.
on October 8, 2010
Wow! is all I can say about this book. The art activities are doable and the list of materials needed are readily found in any school. My students have enjoyed learning about famous American Artists, but what they enjoy most is creating their very own masterpieces!!! Two thumbs up, and many more stars!!!
on August 1, 2010
I teach Art and ordered this book to teach my grandchildren about Great American Artists.This book is wonderful, very easy to understand and the projects are for all ages. I highly recomend it.
on November 7, 2015
I purchased this book for my 10 year old to use with her homeschool curriculum. I really appreciate this book because it provides information about a variety of American artists from different time periods. This book contains information about the artists, their works, and the techniques they used. I like the fact that there are many different styles of artwork represented and that children can use this book to create a wide variety of projects.
on February 10, 2013
I bought this as a present for a good friend who teaches art to students from 1st to 8th grade. There are enough projects and at varying grade levels to help interest budding artists. Several of the projects have been used already and the students enjoyed them.
on August 5, 2010
This book has an incredible amount of information about american artists. There is both traditional and untraditional art. The ideas for the student/child are rated by difficulty and include up to Jr. high level. What was interesting were the ideas for child's art are fun and sometimes different than the usual art/craft ideas. Basic art theory is something that could be taught while using the ideas and learning about the artists.
on August 20, 2011
Was one of the books I used in the summer arts program while teaching 10 to 12 year olds. It was just enough info that kept their attention. Some even remembered the artist names and style weeks later! (A plus in my opinion) Was fun to see how the kids interpreted each artists work in their work.