Customer Discussions > The Legend of Mickey Tussler forum

Great Aspergers Novel

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 8, 2008 7:16:01 AM PDT
This book is a wonderful tribute to the skills that many aspergers teens possess. Well written and dynamic characters.

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2008 8:59:00 AM PDT
Johnny says:
Yes. I agree. I wish there were more like it!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2008 10:56:22 PM PDT
David Donch says:
"Beast" (by me) is a fictionally narrated docu-drama about a young boy (my son, Nathaniel) who is a pitcher with autism. Nate is currently pitching in high school and if all goes well, will go on to pitch in college or beyond. Perhaps Frank Nappi's story isn't so far fetched.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2008 8:34:45 AM PDT
David -

That is awesome. Good for your son! I have been in contact with Frank Nappi (great guy) and he has told me similar stories about autistic baseball players. No, it's not out of the question. And...FYI...Nappi just sold the film rights. Wouldn't that be a shot in the arm to all special needs athletes!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2008 1:21:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 26, 2008 1:45:34 PM PDT
David Donch says:
Thanks, Baseball Maven, and yes, such a film would be awsome and might open doors to kids like my son who are autistic, yet accomplished in their respective sports. One of the reasons I wrote "Beast" was that I wished to have Nate taken seriously as an athlete and accommodated as such. His ability to perform and to win, however, seems more than enough reason for him to be relied upon. He's doing it all by himself.

We're quite pleased with his most recent performance on the mound--just yesterday. He pitched 5 innings, allowing only two hits and walking only one batter, while striking out 9. He also had two defensive assists including a game ending double play. The game lasted only five innings as there's a ten run rule in our league and we were ahead 12 to 1 at the end of the fifth. I hated to see the game end so early. I was thoroughly enjoying his artistry.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2008 3:36:31 AM PDT
That is wonderful. You must be so proud, and rightfully so! His exploits sound reminiscent of one Mickey Tussler! I do not know if you or your son have read the book, but I can tell you that many athletes like your son who have read the story have found it inspirational to say the least. Continued success to your son. Perhaps we will be reading about him one day as well!

Posted on Jun 17, 2011 11:39:04 AM PDT
I read David's book and it is another wonderful story about good baseball and autism. That is another book I would highly recommend.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  May 8, 2008
Latest post:  Jun 17, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Legend of Mickey Tussler
The Legend of Mickey Tussler by Frank Nappi (Hardcover - April 29, 2008)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (117)