5.0 out of 5 stars Living vicariously...
Published on October 12, 2012 by LaughLady

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Aunt Sophia guarentees to delight!
Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it. - Confucius

Great Aunt Sophia sees the beauty in Grace ... and seeks to reveal it to Grace by any means possible. Grace thought she was spending the summer with an elderly aunt and writing her feminist thesis. Instead, Grace sees her aunt, and even herself, in a different light.

GREAT AUNT SOPHIA'S...
Published on June 23, 2012 by Kim Adams

2.0 out of 5 stars Frviolous Waste of Time, July 29, 2012
This review is from: Great-Aunt Sophia's Lessons for Bombshells (Paperback)
Grace Cavanaugh is a young, slightly overweight, insecure woman who is spending the summer in Pebble Beach, CA with her Great-Aunt Sophia, where she intends to research and write her dissertation for her Ph.D in Women's Studies. Her Great-Aunt Sophia is a former "B" movie-star and bombshell beauty who is on a mission to transform her Great-Niece into a younger version of herself.

There were so many times during the course of this book where I wanted to simply close it, put it away, and never pick it back up again. The plot was predictable. The characters were so stereotypical and some of the literary devices the author used were so awful it made me cringe to read them.

When I read, "...sex appeal wafted off him like cologne off a hot lightbulb. He steamed with it." on page 10 I wanted to close it right there and give up. That was simply awful use of simile and I was afraid the entire book was going to be that horrid. It wasn't. After approximately page 50 the weak literary devices like that were pretty much over and Lisa Cach focused more on building the characters and the plot. The problem remained however that both the characters and the plot were weak and stereotypical.

(...)

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Aunt Sophia guarentees to delight!, June 23, 2012
Kim Adams (Honolulu, Hawaii) - See all my reviews
Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it. - Confucius

GREAT AUNT SOPHIA'S LESSONS FOR BOMBSHELLS is a light hearted beach read just as Great Aunt Sophia would want it to be. It offers laugh out loud moments as Sophia teaches Grace women's studies outside academia; heartwarming scenes as Grace discovers her inner vixen; and va-va-voom with sexy Declan.

Cast aside your own inhibitions and have fun with Great Aunt Sophia!

5.0 out of 5 stars Living vicariously..., October 12, 2012
This was a delightfully fun romp to take with Grace. Perhaps I related a little too much to her attitudes and perceptions at the beginning of the book, but in life have also learned to let go and have fun with being a girl! This book was great and I found myself smiling and laughing as I read along. If you want to have a light-hearted romp along with some delicious romance, meet Sophia and Grace.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great-Aunt Sophia's Lessons for Bombshells, September 3, 2012
This review is from: Great-Aunt Sophia's Lessons for Bombshells (Paperback)
This was a fun read that made me feel like summer will keep going. Great-Aunt Sophias Lessons for Bombshells makes me want to dress up for dinner tonight, and put on lipstick for breakfast - just because. It was a great, light, sunny read for a long weekend. Now, I want to be the Aunt that gives baudy advise to my nieces and shocks everyone. Read this and have a little fun!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun & Flirty, August 31, 2012
This is a fun little book. We read it for my book club (a group of 20-something girls with a majority being early mommies and wives). It was an easy, adult read with an interesting story line.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful Romp!, August 29, 2012
Mame37 (Normal, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Great-Aunt Sophia's Lessons for Bombshells (Paperback)
Really enjoyed it. There were twists and turns along with some beauty advise that all people, men and women, would be wise to remember - beauty isn't skin deep, but rather comes from within! Great fun and entertaining. Fluffy-ish, but not brainless. Perfect chick lit!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, Sassy, and a great read!, August 17, 2012
Michelle@Book Briefs (Orlando, florida United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Great-Aunt Sophia's Lessons for Bombshells (Paperback)
This book blew my mind. I loved everything about it. I loved Aunt Sophia's scheming, manipulative but obviously caring ways. I loved the sexy fun that oozed out of Declan, and my oh my did I love the transformation that Grace underwent. This is a sexy, fun romance that will make you wish you could have the kind of life changing summer that Grace has. I need to go find myself a long lost great aunt Sophia!

Grace is a practical, smart, independent PhD student that thinks she has all the answers. She prides herself on being an independent woman, and maybe even a feminist. She is certainly opinionated and as Declan will say, "firey". I loved Grace's fire. I also loved that while she was super stubborn at first, eventually she opened herself up to the idea of change and the fact that maybe she doesn't have all the answers. And as soon as she did that things started to change for Grace. The best part of this book, is that it is so realistic. I could actually picture the story unfolding and playing out right before my eyes. It was so well written and crafted. It was a delight to read.

And speaking of delights, mmm I loved me some Declan. He sure did know how to get uptight Grace to loosen up and let go of some of her iron clad control. I loved watching the two of them interact.

I can't say enough good things about Great Aunt Sophia's Lessons for Bombshells. It is smart, sassy, romantic fun that I could not put down. I need to read another Lisa Cach book ASAP. I can't think of a single thing that I didn't enjoy about this book, and that is really saying something!

*disclaimer- I got this book for free in exchange for my honest review. I did not receive any compensation in exchange for my review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful Cinderella Story, July 30, 2012
This review is from: Great-Aunt Sophia's Lessons for Bombshells (Paperback)
Such a fun read! Great Aunt Sophia's Lessons for Bombshells is a poignant and witty tale of trasformation. I couldn't get enough of Great Aunt Sophia -- who wouldn't want a femme fatale fairy grandmother by their side?

5.0 out of 5 stars "Bombshells" Will Make Readers Explode With Happiness, August 7, 2012
Say Goodnight Gracie
Grace Cavanaugh is a woman that has spent so much time in her head, that she has forgotten that there is a body attached. She wants the fairytale, complete with tall dark stranger; but has no idea that she has the goods needed to snag him. Let alone a clue about how to sell said goods.
Grace is a very deep pool, and all she needs is a man that is brave enough to tread her waters.
The thing that makes Grace readable is the fact that she is open to the changes that are set before her.
She may be insecure and shaking in her boots, but she is going to tackle whatever challenges come her way with spirit, conviction, humor, and (true to her name) GRACE.

Sophia...Sophia...Sophia
This is one classy broad. That said, she has more tricks up her sleeve than Chris Angel. She is like the Professor Higgins to Grace's Eliza Dolittle. It is so much fun to watch her manipulate the players in this little drama; all the while appearing "as harmless as a little lamb". It quickly becomes crystal clear that this beauty has more than enough brains to challenge Grace's views on male-female relationship dynamics and about herself. The question remains however...

Will Grace pass the test?

The Good Guy vs. The Badd Boy
The handsome and charismatic Declan O'Brien has no problem getting into the pants any woman that he wants.
What Declan does have a problem with however, is that Grace Cavannaugh is not just any woman. As he watches the rose of her womanhood bloom before him; he finds that he is drawn to her as a bee to honey.

Can she see through the wrapping through the true gift within?
Can he?

Dr. Andrew is the quiet, caring, shy, (ooooh he's a doctor for the love of....)
He's also the other player in this game of hearts.
The thing to remember about the "good doctor"?
If something appears too good to be true...

This is a true feel good read and proof that "beauty is in the eyes and heart of the beholder".

If you like Sophie Kinsella, you are sure to love this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll find at least one lesson inside that could be applied to your life., July 27, 2014
This review is from: Great-Aunt Sophia's Lessons for Bombshells (Paperback)
I'm not going to agree or argue with anyone on here. Everyone has their own opinion and maybe I'm a little biased because I read this book during the perfect time in my life and I could really relate to the main female but maybe not so much the males or the whole book but the general idea and the character itself. I haven't read any of Cache's other books so this is just about this one and not the writing style on the whole.
I rate a book as five stars if I'm still thinking about it a day later, hell three days later and I was still thinking about it and funny little nuances. That alone is worth four and the fifth star is when a book does one of three things, 1. expands on something I've already been thinking about, 2. throws my ideas on its ear and makes me think about an issue from a different angle without completely rejecting the premise or 3. feelings/thoughts/ideas/etc that I have but have been unable to express or find words for and the book then gives me words for it
This book would be given a 10 if I could because it did all three for me. It allows me to over look minor details or things and I just go with it and forget completely what irritated me at one point. I can't even recall some of the issues other people had with it and that's because I really liked this book. Or rather since that seems to be a commonly held belief and definition for it, I LOVED this book.

Details? Well you have to read it for yourself but be forewarned there is a love 'triangle' and there are a few juvenile moments but whatever, the heroine is 26, it happens. In this day and age you can be a 40 year old man and still act like a teenager and nobody will say much. Why does the woman have to be perfect while in her twenties? Isn't that the time when she really learns a lot through trial and error? It certainly made me think about some things in my life and how I handle it and think about it. Also there is a big reveal in there that wasn't actually that surprising and kind of pointless. AND the ending left me kind of disappointed because it was wrapped up a little too quickly and detail-less and not how I would want things to go down, alas it is a book and so it's focus is on some areas and fails in others. The majority of the book though is SOOO good that again I overlook these issues. THAT's how good it is.

It's a book all women should read and then think and pick and choose what they really need to take out of it and trash the rest of the lessons because again its a book and people aren't as simple or predictable as the very realistic people in the novel were.

Great-Aunt Sophia's Lessons for Bombshells
Great-Aunt Sophia's Lessons for Bombshells by Lisa Cach (Paperback - June 19, 2012)
$15.00 $12.81