5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal for Dolly
Two of Dolly's long lost (and poppiest) albums finally make it onto CD. The 2 on 1 thing is a great deal as both albums ran under 35 minutes and I hope there are many more to follow. More importantly, the remastering is excellent and the sleeve notes include the front and back covers of both albums along with informative essays.

As I said, there are many Parton...
Published on April 9, 2007 by bobby morrow

3.0 out of 5 stars pop rock dolly
Published 13 months ago by john thomas

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal for Dolly, April 9, 2007
This review is from: Great Balls of Fire/Dolly, Dolly, Dolly (Audio CD)

As I said, there are many Parton albums that have yet to see a CD release which is quite disgraceful and I really hope that along with the 3 UK 2 on 1's and the recent reissues in the States of 'Jolene' and 'Coat Of Many Colours' will come much more of Dolly's early 70's to mid-80's work.

Can I have a remaster of 'Here You Come Again', please. I missed the Buddha late 90's version!

5.0 out of 5 stars Two Of Dolly's Best Pop Albums!, April 4, 2007
Terrance Richard "Terry Richard" (Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Great Balls of Fire/Dolly, Dolly, Dolly (Audio CD)
"Great Balls of Fire" and "Dolly,Dolly,Dolly" are 2 of Dolly's best pop efforts and they finally come to CD for the first time. The folks over in the UK have done a remarkable job of bringing these rare recordings to CD and they should be applauded! The sound is pitch perfect and the packaging is remarkable with the actual LP being reissued in CD format with a beautiful booklet. Get these CD's while they last as they have only been issued in Europe and they will be collector's items in the very near future. Dolly Parton has never sounded better!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amidst all of the trendy-sounding stuff. . ., August 26, 2007
bsomers "bsomers" (West New York, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Great Balls of Fire/Dolly, Dolly, Dolly (Audio CD)
Exists one of Ms. Parton's best performances ever: "Starting Over Again," a track from the 1980 Dolly, Dolly, Dolly album, is cowritten by Donna Summer and hubby Bruce Sudano. It is supposedly an autobiographical tune about Mr. Sudano's parents divorce.

If anyone doubts Ms. Parton's skills as a singer and actress, listen to this performance and you will be left in tears. A number 1 country/36 pop song, it is one of the best tracks she ever made and one wonders if she ever performs it live in concert.

You can also find Summer singing the song on the "Tonight Show" on You Tube. She has never recorded it.

I strongly recommend fans finding and listening to this track and you will be blown away.

5.0 out of 5 stars AZ Dolly Fan, June 16, 2007
This review is from: Great Balls of Fire/Dolly, Dolly, Dolly (Audio CD)
I have been a Dolly fan since the late 70's and was ecstatic to find these earlier albums released on CD. If you are a true Dolly fan you'll love these old songs.....Don't miss out.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT MUSIC, May 12, 2007
This review is from: Great Balls of Fire/Dolly, Dolly, Dolly (Audio CD)
"Great Balls of Fire" has always been my favorite Dolly album, and "Dolly,Dolly, Dolly" shows her ability to cross over into pop music with ease. This cd is a must have for any Dolly fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vintage Dolly, April 7, 2007
This review is from: Great Balls of Fire/Dolly, Dolly, Dolly (Audio CD)
Hello Folks Just got my cd today,I don't even have to listen to it because i know it's great.I have the Albums,so all you Dolly's fan's please pick up your copy,as a matter of fact pick up all 3

4.0 out of 5 stars Two classic RCA albums remastered for the first time on CD!, February 9, 2007
This review is from: Great Balls of Fire/Dolly, Dolly, Dolly (Audio CD)
SonyBMG (UK) release in March 2007 a series of three 2on1 (twofer) CDs to coindide with Dolly's 2007 European tour. Each feature some of Dolly's most sought after albums from her days signed to RCA Records. Any fans of the Country Queen will love these CDs. Plus all the albums have been beautifully remastered from the original American tapes

A remake of the Jerry Lee Lewis classic "Great Balls Of Fire" became the title song for Dolly's 1979 album. The album blended her country roots sound with rock and disco rhythms reaching #4 on the Country charts. It also became a `Top 40' Pop hit propelling sales to Gold status. The lead single, "You're the Only One", topped the country charts, while the follow-up, "Sweet Summer Lovin", went `Top 10'!

In 1980, Dolly played Vegas in an elaborate `glitzy' stage show. She also released, in April 1980, "Dolly, Dolly, Dolly". The album portrayed an artist at a proverbial crossroads in her quest for Pop success. This was to be her least `Country' sounding album, inevitably because she did not write any songs for it. The album did however include two chart topping Country singles, "Starting over Again" (co-written by Disco-diva Donna Summer and her husband) and "Old Flames (Can't Hold A Candle To You)". These packed a mighty punch in the stakes of chart success with "Starting over Again" also entering the `Top 40' Pop charts. Critics may have panned this album but fans stayed loyal and "Dolly, Dolly, Dolly" made the `Top 10' Country charts!

Tracklisting:-

9. It's Not My Affair Anymore

10. Sandy's Song

11. Starting Over Again

12. Same Old Fool

13. Old Flames (Can't Hold A Candle To You)

14. You're The Only One I Ever Needed

19. I Knew You When

20. Packin' It Up

3.0 out of 5 stars pop rock dolly, June 8, 2013
This review is from: Great Balls of Fire/Dolly, Dolly, Dolly (Audio CD)
The Great Balls Of Fire was a pop record that had everything from Jerry Lee Lewis to Beatles covers. It had the hit You're The Only One. And the most country song on the record Sweet Summer Lovin'. It depends on how big of a fan you are as to how well you like this. It is more pop then anything else she ever did. When the Dolly Doll Dolly album came out. She was basically a pop star who was still getting country radio play. It has the hits Stating Over Again and Old Flames Cant Hold A Candle To You. Which I think it was Joe Sun who had a hit with not too long before that. My favorite song is a total rocker. Packin' It Up which closes out the cd. That song always reminded me of the time period that the song was from. When we'd all go out on Friday Night and do "whatever". It's not as bad a cd as everyone makes it out to be. Certainly worth having.

4.0 out of 5 stars IT'S ONLY ME, BUT:, May 31, 2008
This review is from: Great Balls of Fire/Dolly, Dolly, Dolly (Audio CD)
A GREAT DOLLY CD. HER USUALY GREAT RANGE OF VOCALS AND UNIQUE SONGS. LOVE IT. JM

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!!, April 29, 2008
This review is from: Great Balls of Fire/Dolly, Dolly, Dolly (Audio CD)
I have had the album for years. After American Idol, I told my cousin that Sandy's Song has haunted me and I wanted to it be at my wedding. 47 now and still it hasn't happened. My cousin ordered it for me as I have looked in every music store for years, including Nashville. I am an English teacher and Dolly's words (poetry) are the best they are!!! I love all music, but Dolly's lyrics are beyond belief. Always have been, for over 20 years. She is up there with McCartney/Lennon on songs and lyrics. I have all her earlier albums. Dolly rocks and all her songs are beyond belief. "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas"??? Awesome musical. Sorry, Whitney, "I Will Always Love You" will always be Dolly's. I must admit that I have Dolly's TV show on VHS...recorded and labled even. Sorry.

I can't wait to hear Sandy's Song that my cousin got me. It doesn't matter. Dolly is the best. She is comfort and security and everything that goes with that. Thank you for putting her where she belongs.

Yes, you will hear from me again. Take care, Mandi