5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest pattern book ever!
Published on June 13, 2004 by Paula Manning

2.0 out of 5 stars OK I guess
I bought this book for tattooing purposes and it really wasn't all that helpful. Good info on the history and legends of dragons but most of the pictures were pretty cheesy. Works good for general art reference though.
Published on December 31, 2007 by D. Trueblood

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest pattern book ever!, June 13, 2004
This review is from: Great Book of Dragon Patterns 2nd Edition: The Ultimate Design Sourcebook for Artists and Craftspeople (Paperback)
I am a fantasy artist and I use alot of patterns. This book is the greatest. It has an editorial section on dragons, section on basic anatomy, scale work, dragon lore and lots of other helps plus tons of great patterns. The patterns are large and well drawn. The book is large, the cover and pages are thick and good quality paper. I would strongly nudge anyone that is into crafts, hobbies, art to buy this book. It is well worth the mony+. I also give her other book "Great Book of Fairy Patterns" the same rave. Do youself a favor and buy her books.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must have for Dragon Lovers and Artists, August 9, 2005
This is one of the best dragon books I have ever purchased or seen. I thoroughly enjoyed each and every page. It gave detailed information on drawings as well as some wonderful background history that was very thought provoking. My whole family enjoyed this book and it has been passed around to my friends as well. It is well worth the investment and will be a valuable asset to my strained glass craft projects.

5.0 out of 5 stars very original designs, August 7, 2006
I found this book very helpful in my artwork. I also was very pleasantly surprised to find it enjoyable to read. There are stories of folklore explaining the beginings of the differents dragons and thier formations from one type to the other. The designs themselves are beautiful to look at. I am constantly researching diffrent designs/drawings of dragons and find few that I like. I was very pleased with this book and its one of my favorites among the rest of my collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dragons galore, February 24, 2006
C. Wilke "music lover" (Healesville, Australia) - See all my reviews
Dragons galore, the renditions of the dragons in this book are great as far as they go, there are a lot of dragon heads, there could have been more on the body, having said that I would like to congratulate the writer on the dragon law and types of different dragons, even though short and concise it was very interesting giving the reader a reasonable amount of information on different breeds and sub species of dragon.

Very good reading and detail.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource material, November 28, 2004
Wood carver/reviewer (Texas, the United States) - See all my reviews
This book is not only entertaining to read, it's a great source of ready drawn patterns and instructions on how to create the "dragon" of choice. Excellent resource material.

Woodcarver/book reviewer

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Book!, December 26, 2007
I purchased this book for my 12 year old son for Christmas never thinking that it would be as big of a hit as it was! He loves dragons and is quite a good artist, so it was perfect. He could not put it down. I highly recommend this book!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book for beginning dragon drawers, January 8, 2008
I bought this book for my 13 yr. old son. He loves to draw, and collects dragons, but never drew any dragons. With this book, he got some info, and some patterns ready for him to trace or to make his own dragon with! He loves this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book of Dragon Patterns, May 3, 2008
This is my favorite addition to my reference Library. It has great dragon patterns from whimsical to fierce looking dragons. Wonderful material to inspire any artist no matter what their mediums.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter loves this book and uses it often, July 4, 2009
I purchased this for my daughter to help in drawing. She enjoys drawing fairies and dragons etc.

She really likes this book and it is one she uses repeatedly and often. You have to actually read the book and apply the techniques - when she does that I can see obvious improvements in her artwork.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!!, October 1, 2007
I have no idea what the naysayers on the other reviews were so disappointed about. This book has wonderful variety, excellent descriptions and layout. If you can't find something to use on your craft project you aren't very creative. Wonderful ideas and examples of how to apply to different mediums. Would recommend to any crafter looking for non-copywrited patterns and designs of all types, age ranges and genres of dragon lore. I will be looking to purchase more of the authors other works, from tattoo art to celtic patterns.

$22.95 $18.52
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.