5.0 out of 5 stars Indispensable (and fun!) Tool for Parents and Educators
Published on May 24, 2004 by M. Maran

3.0 out of 5 stars so-so guide
Published on March 17, 2011 by mbear

5.0 out of 5 stars Indispensable (and fun!) Tool for Parents and Educators, May 24, 2004
This review is from: Great Books for High School Kids: A Teacher's Guide to Books That Can Change Teens' Lives (Paperback)
When I wrote a book about Berkeley High School (Class Dismissed, October 2000), I was captivated and inspired by Rick Ayers' and Amy Crawford's dedicated, innovative and intelligent teaching methods--that's why they were two of the four teachers profiled in the book. This book is the text version of their dedication, innovation, and intelligence, and no high school teacher--or parent--should be without it. Brilliant and necessary!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quick Reviews, October 1, 2007
C. Lock "Psych54" (Denton, TX United States) - See all my reviews
Excellent "Great Books" reference for High School Students. You can search alphabetically or by topic. Very useful book!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars so-so guide, March 17, 2011
I had really high expectations for this book. Finding things for kids to read is so tough. Teachers are not much help and when I saw this book I thought I had found it. There are great books in here, with good ideas, but it had so much useless stuff. Tell me what boys like, girls like--they have different interests yes! Make the book easier to read. I really did not want to have to read the whole book to figure out one or two good ideas. Plus, for me, I am looking for a guide, not a personal story. Dissapointing overall.

3.0 out of 5 stars Well, no pretense here!, January 11, 2014
It is exactly what it sounds like- lists of book by genres, interests, and age-grouping or theme. It was cheap, too. I expected more to the book, but as a reading teacher it is nice to have, as it sticks to good-quality literature (I am a bit of a purist), and will help with organizing my class library.

$18.00 $14.01